Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.10.0
(16-May-2020, 22:08)Anders Wrote: The right speaker is connected to ethernet via cable, the left via wifi. In the router I can see that the communication to the system goes via the right speaker.
Have you tried connecting the Phantoms using PLC or Ethernet?  I found PLC to be better than Wifi and Ethernet to be the best.  I also added an Uptone EtherRegen which took the sound quality up another level.

(16-May-2020, 22:08)Anders Wrote: -I always turn the speaker off by disconnecting the mains.
I am old fashioned and do a shut down of each Phantom (press back button for 2 sec) before powering off the mains.

(16-May-2020, 22:08)Anders Wrote: -Very very happy with the sound experience, I listen to a wide range of music from opera to jazz fusion. --Sound quality of speech is very natural, no coloration. Best sound system that I ever have used.

I have no problems to highly recommend Phantom Gold to any serious music lover.
Agree that the Phantom Golds are indeed very good.  But most serious music lovers cannot get past the looks and dismiss them as an expensive lifestyle bluetooth speaker (because many reviews treat them as such). There are not many people who have heard the sound quality of a properly set up pair of Phantom Golds.
(17-May-2020, 07:41)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(16-May-2020, 22:08)Anders Wrote: The right speaker is connected to ethernet via cable, the left via wifi. In the router I can see that the communication to the system goes via the right speaker.
Have you tried connecting the Phantoms using PLC or Ethernet?  I found PLC to be better than Wifi and Ethernet to be the best.  I also added an Uptone EtherRegen which took the sound quality up another level.

(16-May-2020, 22:08)Anders Wrote: -I always turn the speaker off by disconnecting the mains.
I am old fashioned and do a shut down of each Phantom (press back button for 2 sec) before powering off the mains.

(16-May-2020, 22:08)Anders Wrote: -Very very happy with the sound experience, I listen to a wide range of music from opera to jazz fusion. --Sound quality of speech is very natural, no coloration. Best sound system that I ever have used.

I have no problems to highly recommend Phantom Gold to any serious music lover.
Agree that the Phantom Golds are indeed very good.  But most serious music lovers cannot get past the looks and dismiss them as an expensive lifestyle bluetooth speaker (because many reviews treat them as such). There are not many people who have heard the sound quality of a properly set up pair of Phantom Golds.
+1
(16-May-2020, 12:45)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(16-May-2020, 10:27)Dling Wrote: For my golden Phantoms, DOS 2.10.0 was a great uppdate. Much better stability and no micro pauses this far. For the first time since upgrading to DOS 2, the setup via wifi works as it should. And it's good to see the title of the song played in the app. But there's one issue that remains unsolved...

When I use the toslink connection via the Dialog the sound through the left speaker is really weak. The right speaker gives full sound, the left only 30 %. This happens only when I play via toslink from htpc (Ubuntu 18.04) via the Dialog (no, toslink cable directly to one of the speakers is not an option as I want to keep the floor as free from extra cables as possible). Has anyone experienced this problem? Solutions? I have reset the Dialog several times, but no improvement at all.
Suggest contacting Devialet Support...

Posted this question while waiting for Devialet support to figure out the problem. It would be interesting to know if other users are experiencing the same issue.
Well, after a couple of weeks of enjoying the new setup, it has turned into a disaster. I've been experiencing the same problem as others on this forum. The Phantoms disappear off the app. Sometimes an entire room setup, sometimes one half of a stereo pair (I have 3 Golds). Sometimes one glitches out right in the middle of playback.

Contacted support, they suggested I connect via Ethernet cable, which required me to buy an Ethernet cable, all to find out the Phantom didn't recognize the Ethernet connection. I tried a whole new router, no help, replaced the modem, no improvement. I don't think PLC will work because the sockets are each on the opposite sides of a fireplace -- the only place in the house where they can work. Also I have to plug all my gear into surge protectors, so who knows. Really hoping there's a firmware and software update SOON.
(16-Jul-2020, 10:24)Eggman Wrote: Well, after a couple of weeks of enjoying the new setup, it has turned into a disaster. I've been experiencing the same problem as others on this forum. The Phantoms disappear off the app. Sometimes an entire room setup, sometimes one half of a stereo pair (I have 3 Golds). Sometimes one glitches out right in the middle of playback.

Contacted support, they suggested I connect via Ethernet cable, which required me to buy an Ethernet cable, all to find out the Phantom didn't recognize the Ethernet connection. I tried a whole new router, no help, replaced the modem, no improvement. I don't think PLC will work because the sockets are each on the opposite sides of a fireplace -- the only place in the house where they can work. Also I have to plug all my gear into surge protectors, so who knows. Really hoping there's a firmware and software update SOON.
Yes, I understand how frustrating it must be.
For no reason your experience is totally ruined when if was fine the day before
Of course the technical support will advise you to use Internet cable as if the other network interfaces were not reliable.
They will ask you to replace your router as if your current hardware was shit
They will ask you to move your Phantom to another place just to see if it works better.
What you are experiencing is a typical Devialet's nonsense bullshit experience.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(16-Jul-2020, 15:02)daibaron Wrote:
(16-Jul-2020, 10:24)Eggman Wrote: Well, after a couple of weeks of enjoying the new setup, it has turned into a disaster. I've been experiencing the same problem as others on this forum. The Phantoms disappear off the app. Sometimes an entire room setup, sometimes one half of a stereo pair (I have 3 Golds). Sometimes one glitches out right in the middle of playback.

Yes, I understand how frustrating it must be.
For no reason your experience is totally ruined when if was fine the day before
Of course the technical support will advise you to use Internet cable as if the other network interfaces were not reliable.
They will ask you to replace your router as if your current hardware was shit
They will ask you to move your Phantom to another place just to see if it works better.
What you are experiencing is a typical Devialet's nonsense bullshit experience.
This is an update. Turns out my mesh network was part of the problem, the Devialet app the other half of the problem.

If you are experiencing trouble with an Eero mesh network, here are two recommendations:

1) make sure your Beacons are far apart. If they are too close, they will confuse the Phantoms and cause them to jump from router to router.

2) create IP reservations for each Phantom.

Finally, the new V1.12 app seems to have ironed out some bugs.

At last, able to enjoy music again!!!