Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.10.0
(11-May-2020, 12:48)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(11-May-2020, 05:33)David GT Wrote: Hi Guys,
I'm located in China mainland and the update is not pushed to my Gold phantom in DOS 2.85 (but has been to my reactor...) as it seems to be a reported issue.
Do you know if there is a way to install it anyway ? Is a VPN could help ?
Thanks a lot !
Welcome to the forum.

Best if you contact Devialet Support who know about the problem. As a temporary option, they may give you access to the update which you can load manually.

Thanks a lot, I tried and indeed they helped me.
I did it, no problem and easy to do. now the phantom is running under 2.10 firmware, I just have one issue it disappears time to time from the iPhone App (not from the iPad app...).
Hi David GT
This happened to me for the first time since I updated to 2.10 - in the Devialet App the speakers weren't there. I rebooted my router and everything was back to normal - this happened on my Iphone app. If it happens again I will check on the Ipad before rebooting the router. This never happened with the previous version.

Do you shut down your Phantoms completely after use or do you leave them on standby?

Just out of curiosity do you let your router hand out the IP addressing for the Phantoms by DHCP or do you have them set to static IP? Others on this forum have suggested static addressing - though generally for other Devialet products - can help.

kantblue
(12-May-2020, 10:21)kantblue Wrote: Hi David GT
This happened to me for the first time since I updated to 2.10 - in the Devialet App the speakers weren't there. I rebooted my router and everything was back to normal - this happened on my Iphone app. If it happens again I will check on the Ipad before rebooting the router. This never happened with the previous version.

Do you shut down your Phantoms completely after use or do you leave them on standby?

Just out of curiosity do you let your router hand out the IP addressing for the Phantoms by DHCP or do you have them set to static IP? Others on this forum have suggested static addressing - though generally for other Devialet products - can help.

kantblue

David GT - I'm one of the others on this forum that have looked the effects of static IP addresses. My experience was with a set of Sonos Ones. From new, once configured, I started to get the same experience seen by many phantom owners here with a speaker dropping out, having to reset etc etc. It drove me mad that the Sonos ones would have the same issues.

I knew it wan't a network issue as my setup is fairly robust.

But in a bit of searching, I found suggestions that the poling protocol used by DHCP can cause issues with them (don't ask me about what exaxctly the issues is, because I don't understand, but somethign to do with IP lease renewals).

Anyhow - after ensuring both speakers have a static IP, they have been rock solid ever since (and I was at the point of returning them).

So give it a go and see if it helps.

Cheers
Jamie
(13-May-2020, 01:00)jcd1877 Wrote:
(12-May-2020, 10:21)kantblue Wrote: Hi David GT

kantblue

David GT - I'm one of the others on this forum that have looked the effects of static IP addresses. My experience was with a set of Sonos Ones. From new, once configured, I started to get the same experience seen by many phantom owners here with a speaker dropping out, having to reset etc etc. It drove me mad that the Sonos ones would have the same issues.

I knew it wan't a network issue as my setup is fairly robust.

But in a bit of searching, I found suggestions that the poling protocol used by DHCP can cause issues with them (don't ask me about what exaxctly the issues is, because I don't understand, but somethign to do with IP lease renewals).

Anyhow - after ensuring both speakers have a static IP, they have been rock solid ever since (and I was at the point of returning them).

So give it a go and see if it helps.

Cheers
Jamie

Thanks a lot Guys for your insights !!
The IP pooling is probably the issue...  I'll try tonight the fixed IP address.
And by the way, yesterday night the Reactor on my network was also disappearing from my iPhone !!! So strange behaviour !
Hi, so I'm unsure about updating to DOS 2. The main reason is that Devialet keeps telling me I can no longer disable bluetooth. I turned that off ever since I discovered there was no security on pairing. Yes, one of my neighbors connected one night.

I guess what I am asking, is this still a problem with the DOS update? Devialet support seems to not understand my question.
Hi Fmortens
There is a discussion that starts with concerns about bluetooth and the remote control but opens out into a broader discussion about bluetooth and DOS2 which 'might' be useful here as it compares DOS1 and DOS2.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-remote-problem

Though I wouldn't guarantee 100% I think your assumption (that you can't disable bluetooth) is correct.

kantblue
(13-May-2020, 10:27)fmortens Wrote: Hi, so I'm unsure about updating to DOS 2. The main reason is that Devialet keeps telling me I can no longer disable bluetooth. I turned that off ever since I discovered there was no security on pairing. Yes, one of my neighbors connected one night.

I guess what I am asking, is this still a problem with the DOS update? Devialet support seems to not understand my question.
I updated from DOS1 to DOS 2.10 a few weeks ago.  I think the confusion is on the wording: visible versus pairing.

It is visible as a Bluetooth device but you cannot pair with the Phantom until Bluetooth is activated within the Devialet App. Bluetooth is deactivated when you select optical within the Devialet App.
For my golden Phantoms, DOS 2.10.0 was a great uppdate. Much better stability and no micro pauses this far. For the first time since upgrading to DOS 2, the setup via wifi works as it should. And it's good to see the title of the song played in the app. But there's one issue that remains unsolved...

When I use the toslink connection via the Dialog the sound through the left speaker is really weak. The right speaker gives full sound, the left only 30 %. This happens only when I play via toslink from htpc (Ubuntu 18.04) via the Dialog (no, toslink cable directly to one of the speakers is not an option as I want to keep the floor as free from extra cables as possible). Has anyone experienced this problem? Solutions? I have reset the Dialog several times, but no improvement at all.
(16-May-2020, 10:27)Dling Wrote: For my golden Phantoms, DOS 2.10.0 was a great uppdate. Much better stability and no micro pauses this far. For the first time since upgrading to DOS 2, the setup via wifi works as it should. And it's good to see the title of the song played in the app. But there's one issue that remains unsolved...

When I use the toslink connection via the Dialog the sound through the left speaker is really weak. The right speaker gives full sound, the left only 30 %. This happens only when I play via toslink from htpc (Ubuntu 18.04) via the Dialog (no, toslink cable directly to one of the speakers is not an option as I want to keep the floor as free from extra cables as possible). Has anyone experienced this problem? Solutions? I have reset the Dialog several times, but no improvement at all.
Suggest contacting Devialet Support...
My Phantom Gold situation after a number of updates:
-      I am on firmware (2.10.0.49152) DOS 2 since a number of weeks. I listen to Spotify but also to my TV via Apple TV and using my NAS playing private digital sound files from my old DAT system. Have never tested Tidal.
-      Very few issues. Biggest problem was maximum volume via the iPhone app – very, very annoying – suddenly 100% sound volume! Have solved this by setting the max volume to 60% in the web page of each speaker. Expect a more elegant solution from Devialet.
-      The right speaker is connected to ethernet via cable, the left via wifi. In the router I can see that the communication to the system goes via the right speaker.
-      In the router settings I have reserved the two IP addresses to the two speakers.
-      I always turn the speaker off by disconnecting the mains. The sleep power consumption is too high  - 45W – expect a better solution from Devialet (normal power requirement when listening is 65W). No problems to start the system, I never have to reboot or anything more complicated, no strange clicks, no strange sounds.
-      Very very happy with the sound experience, I listen to a wide range of music from opera to jazz fusion. Sound quality of speech is very natural, no coloration. Best sound system that I ever have used.
-      I have no problems to highly recommend Phantom Gold to any serious music lover.

Best regards
/Anders