Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 - Impressions?
I upgraded to OS 2 a few days ago. I must say I am enthused. Not only is SQ a bit better imho, i.e. crispier, better defined, stage clearer, but also reliability has increased. Before, I have had short blanks from time to time and Dialog often lost contact to the Golds after a day. Now I experience none of all these problems. Even the remote works again.

Very remarkable update. A year ago I wouldn't have dreamt of such an improvement.

I am getting my music from a headless Mac-Mini connected to the Dialog via optical. Dialog, and both Phantoms are also plugged to my ether-network. Player is Roon, which can be accessed from my laptops and all iOS devices.

Angel Smile
I upgraded two phantom classics and a dialog to DOS2. It’s awful. Very unstable. I tried removing the dialog, thinking fewer components would increase stability, but that made the system even worse. I’ve had one or both speakers just stop playing randomly, even though both speakers appeared in the app and responded to tapping the speaker icon in the app. Sometimes the left speaker craps out while the right speaker continues to play, even though the music is being fed to the left speaker’s optical input! Sometimes the app doesn’t display the optical input as a choice for one or both speakers (even though I have active devices connected to the optical inputs on both speakers); sometimes they eventually appear, and sometimes not. It’s quite incredible to me that software/firmware this lacking would be unleashed on customers.
(31-Jan-2020, 00:21)msg Wrote: I upgraded two phantom classics and a dialog to DOS2. It’s awful. Very unstable. I tried removing the dialog, thinking fewer components would increase stability, but that made the system even worse. I’ve had one or both speakers just stop playing randomly, even though both speakers appeared in the app and responded to tapping the speaker icon in the app. Sometimes the left speaker craps out while the right speaker continues to play, even though the music is being fed to the left speaker’s optical input! Sometimes the app doesn’t display the optical input as a choice for one or both speakers (even though I have active devices connected to the optical inputs on both speakers); sometimes they eventually appear, and sometimes not. It’s quite incredible to me that software/firmware this lacking would be unleashed on customers.
Others posted that firmware version 2.8.5 resolved their issues with DOS2. What version do you have on your Phantoms and Dialog? Also some got problems because they did not have the same version on all their devices.
Hey how do I update from 2.81 to 2.85?
I just bought used speaker and it’s on firmware 2.81 once my is on 2.85 Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
(01-Feb-2020, 08:16)Flaeske Wrote: Hey how do I update from 2.81 to 2.85?

You need to send an Help request to the Devialet CS thorough the Devialet App. You should report the issues and and ask to have both your products upgraded to 2.8.5 firmware. They will “push” the upgrade to your system after checking your serial numbers. Generally this is dove with a few email exchange with the CS that moves then your request to the technical team.
Thank you very much for quick answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-Feb-2020, 09:56)massi.rav Wrote:
(01-Feb-2020, 08:16)Flaeske Wrote: Hey how do I update from 2.81 to 2.85?

You need to send an Help request to the Devialet CS thorough the Devialet App. You should report the issues and and ask to have both your products upgraded to 2.8.5 firmware. They will “push” the upgrade to your system after checking your serial numbers. Generally this is dove with a few email exchange with the CS that moves then your request to the technical team.
Any ideas as to why this is so?
I have same issue, 2.8.0(preinstalled) and 2.8.5(updated from dos1)

I can see units have wifi chips by different manufacturers. Wondering if I should get the shop to give me 'near by' serials.
(31-Jan-2020, 23:39)streamy Wrote:
(31-Jan-2020, 00:21)msg Wrote: I upgraded two phantom classics and a dialog to DOS2. It’s awful. Very unstable. I tried removing the dialog, thinking fewer components would increase stability, but that made the system even worse. I’ve had one or both speakers just stop playing randomly, even though both speakers appeared in the app and responded to tapping the speaker icon in the app. Sometimes the left speaker craps out while the right speaker continues to play, even though the music is being fed to the left speaker’s optical input! Sometimes the app doesn’t display the optical input as a choice for one or both speakers (even though I have active devices connected to the optical inputs on both speakers); sometimes they eventually appear, and sometimes not. It’s quite incredible to me that software/firmware this lacking would be unleashed on customers.
Others posted that firmware version 2.8.5 resolved their issues with DOS2. What version do you have on your Phantoms and Dialog? Also some got problems because they did not have the same version on all their devices.

All devices are v. 2.8.5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(03-Feb-2020, 19:47)msg Wrote:
(31-Jan-2020, 23:39)streamy Wrote:

All devices are v. 2.8.5

Forgot to thank you for commenting, streamy. Also, I thought some of the instability might have arisen from switching between inputs (dialog airplay and optical in the initial setup and the optical inputs of the two phantoms in the phantom only setup). So I bought an audio mixer and feed the sources into that and take the output from that and feed it into the dialog optical input. That way I can use either of my sources without changing inputs in the devialet system with the app; all sources are fed through the mixer into the dialog optical input. It’s still early, but that seems to be a bit more stable, but overnight something happened and I needed to use the app to reselect the dialog optical input and reset the volume. :-( I want to be able to set and forget the devialet system.

(03-Feb-2020, 19:57)msg Wrote:
(03-Feb-2020, 19:47)msg Wrote:
(31-Jan-2020, 23:39)streamy Wrote: Others posted that firmware version 2.8.5 resolved their issues with DOS2. What version do you have on your Phantoms and Dialog? Also some got problems because they did not have the same version on all their devices.

All devices are v. 2.8.5

Forgot to thank you for commenting, streamy. Also, I thought some of the instability might have arisen from switching between inputs (dialog airplay and optical in the initial setup and the optical inputs of the two phantoms in the phantom only setup). So I bought an audio mixer and feed the sources into that and take the output from that and feed it into the dialog optical input. That way I can use either of my sources without changing inputs in the devialet system with the app; all sources are fed through the mixer into the dialog optical input. It’s still early, but that seems to be a bit more stable, but overnight something happened and I needed to use the app to reselect the dialog optical input and reset the volume. :-(  I want to be able to set and forget the devialet system.

I experienced this exact behavior and it was driving me crazy (mostly from complaints from the rest of the family).  Unfortunately, I need to migrate to an optical direct mode configuration to make the Phantoms operate in a set and forget it mode.  The reason I say unfortunate is that I needed to keep my AV receiver to manage volume and source control which didn't allow me to simplify my configuration as much as I wanted to...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante