Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 - Impressions?
(29-Dec-2019, 10:35)hydr Wrote: Sounds like the majority of users upgraded and are fairly happy. 

My entire music collection is in FLAC 24/192 - its located on a NAS (2TB) and I am having no issues since I ended up having to wire (ethernet) my 7 Phantoms. I have been trying to add some upnp server and try different apps, but its all pretty terrible - hence why I am waiting. 

Maybe I should try Audiorvana next as it seems to be highly recommended - but that would require a Mac I think. Does it need optical input as well?

is it possible to run audiorvana in a iPad Pro??
(29-Dec-2019, 10:35)hydr Wrote: Sounds like the majority of users upgraded and are fairly happy. 

My entire music collection is in FLAC 24/192 - its located on a NAS (2TB) and I am having no issues since I ended up having to wire (ethernet) my 7 Phantoms. I have been trying to add some upnp server and try different apps, but its all pretty terrible - hence why I am waiting. 

Maybe I should try Audiorvana next as it seems to be highly recommended - but that would require a Mac I think. Does it need optical input as well?

You can use Audirvana on Mac or Windows. There are remote apps available for iOS, im not sure about Android. Currently however, im having problems finding my Phantoms on Audirvana via upnp. Might be related to DOS2
(29-Dec-2019, 11:18)Johnnydev Wrote:

You need a Mac with OS X to run Audirvana, the remote works on any iOS device.
I have been running Audirvana via UPnP (ethernet) without any single problem, excellent sound quality.
(30-Dec-2019, 06:19)KarlMarx Wrote:

I have been running Audirvana via UPnP (ethernet) without any single problem, excellent sound quality.

Not possible with only a ipad pro? Is there another way then that i use only my ipad pro via upnp to my phantoms?

Have you upgraded your Phantoms to DOS2?
(30-Dec-2019, 10:52)cudifying Wrote:
(30-Dec-2019, 06:19)Karl Marx Wrote:
(29-Dec-2019, 11:18)Johnnydev Wrote: is het mogelijk om audiorvana uit te voeren in een iPad Pro ??

U hebt een Mac met OS X nodig om Audirvana te gebruiken, de afstandsbediening werkt op elk iOS-apparaat.
Ik heb Audirvana uitgevoerd via UPnP (ethernet) zonder enig probleem, uitstekende geluidskwaliteit.

Heb je je Phantoms geüpgraded naar DOS2?

No, not yet. I would like to upgrade, but I want to know in advance if I can stream upnp from my IPad pro 1 TB where my music library is on.
I also want to be able to stream (upnp) the best quality with internet radio and qobuz hi-res.

Who can help me how this could be done so that I can upgrade to DOS2 with a good feeling?

I know this is asking a lot, and totally understand if you don´t want to - but would it be possible for a short video showing how it works? I have never seen a single video of DOS2 or how people use it with audirvana.
Also, I guess its possible to setup Audirvana even with DOS1 and test, no?
Hi hydr!
I upgraded my 2 Premier Classic and Dialogue today. At first I was hesitant, because I actually had o problem with the setup up to now, but the added power resulting in 2x200W was way to tempting... So today I gave it a try, fearing the worst...reading all the bad reviews... but after approx. only 30 minutes I upgraded the system with no problem! BubbleUpnp works great with Tidal integrated from my android phone, and I can listen to my music collection on the PC from Windows Media Player. Just follow the instructions form Devialet.
Very happy with the additional power, but not just that - at lower power I have the impression the sound is even better balanced then before the upgrade. But I must take time in the next days to test thoroughly with my favourite playlist...
For me, definitely a thing worth doing!!!
Hi guys,

seeking some advice regarding moving to DOS2 or not...

My set-up is 2x Premiere Gold and an Dialog. Speakers on Tree Wood, running stereo and positioned for critical as well as casual listening in our living room. I'm feeding my phono stage into the optical input of Dialog. Also, Dialog is fed directly from the home gateway.

Have been running this set-up for about 1,5 years and it has been unbelivably steady - not one single glitch, nor restart needed. Main source of music these days is Tidal and some web radio. Besides, the teenagers connect via Bluethooth when I'm not using the system. I use a dedicated iPad mini 4 with Spark, to control playback and volume. I actually like Spark, including its UI.

Would you recommend upgrading to DOS2, soundwise or based on user interface alone?
Thanks.
(02-Jan-2020, 13:11)cityhopper Wrote: Hi guys,

seeking some advice regarding moving to DOS2 or not...

My set-up is 2x Premiere Gold and an Dialog. Speakers on Tree Wood, running stereo and positioned for critical as well as casual listening in our living room. I'm feeding my phono stage into the optical input of Dialog. Also, Dialog is fed directly from the home gateway.

Have been running this set-up for about 1,5 years and it has been unbelivably steady - not one single glitch, nor restart needed. Main source of music these days is Tidal and some web radio. Besides, the teenagers connect via Bluethooth when I'm not using the system. I use a dedicated iPad mini 4 with Spark, to control playback and volume. I actually like Spark, including its UI.

Would you recommend upgrading to DOS2, soundwise or based on user interface alone?
Thanks.

Cityhopper-

I had a similar setup as you, only the optical cable was feeding my Roon stream via an Auralic Aries Mini.  I too have had over a year of great sound and rock solid stability.  Upgrading to DOS2 has not worked out well for me.  At first I was getting consistent drop outs with the optical signal where the music would stutter for a second or two every couple of minutes.  Very distracting...  Now I have a hard time picking up an optical signal at all unless I unplug and replug in the cable several times each listening session.  

I have asked for advice on his forum and am in the fourth week working with tech support but as of yet no solution or definition of the problem has been offered.  Currently I'm forced to listen to my Roon music stream via airplay, which significantly reduces the sound quality of my high res music collection.

The only change made to my system was upgrading the DOS and removing the dialogue.  I did try using the dialogue as an optical input in DOS2 but couldn't get a signal to be recognized there either.  If you're happy with your current setup I would not rush to upgrade to DOS2.