Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Damaged Phantom
Ouch! That's gotta hurt! How is the sound affected?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
It was ruined by a topple from a 0.5m stand. The internal drive coupling was damaged and it "breathed" like a 90yr old smoker. Replaced on home insurance during the 30%-off offer. (Really wish I'd claimed the original cost because it would have covered my excess and my premium increase)
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Ouch! that hurts. I came off lucky I guess...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.
Yes those woofers are sensitive! In fact I asked Devialet if it was ok to touch the woofers, they replied that they are super sensitive and that I should NOT touch them. Basically we all have to be very careful.
And it's not that easy to move them without touching the woofers or the mid drivers in some way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(09-Oct-2015, 22:33)sleach Wrote: And it's not that easy to move them without touching the woofers or the mid drivers in some way

I move mine frequently, cup one hand under the front and put the some of the other hand's fingers (medius and annularis work well) where to power cable goes.
Nobody's going to finger the annularis of my phantom!

That's a very interesting photo - it appears to be a fiberglassy type substance rather than actual aluminium?
To me it looks like some kind of coating to get the painting to stick. I believe fiber glass or similar would crack rather than bend.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
At the risk of damaging my already fragile reputation, the black stuff is in fact the remnants of my amateur attempts to pull out the dents by superglueing some PVC jacketed electrical cable to it, then repeatedly micro-tugging at it with plyers. Suffice to say, it didn't work.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.