Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Damaged Phantom
Agreed
I have a similar issue. My babysitter bumped one of the speakers and the dome got bent as well as the tweeter cap.
Deviate  says it won't be until the end of Q1 2016 (not sure that is true) before they can do US repairs.

They recently announced that some Apple stores will be selling their lower end Phantom.
Isn't there a US regulation that stipulates that they must provide repair in the US before they can sell them here?

Either way, I enjoy their sound but I deeply regret purchasing them.
OK, so these are not pet or child friendly speakers. Why do some of you have them on the floor? I'd want them on stands just to be safe.
GRAVITY was my undoing! The higher they climb, the further they fall.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Yes indeed. I feel slightly paranoid about mine....Smile
Just as a quick follow up.
Spoke with Deviatet this June and to this date they still have no repair services in the US.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Is it legal to sell a product in the US without any repair services? Everything I have read says that no, they can't directly market and sell to the US consumers without proper support infrastructure. Does anyone know how to file a complaint?

Anyway, I think I want to part ways from them and buy Meridians.
I have the Dialog, 1 good Phantom Silver, 1 damaged one with a slight ding in the cone and remote.

Offers anyone?
Does damaged mean don't work or is it just cosmetics? I have two whites with two small dings in the base dome and one in the outer front ring. Doesn't affect the sound att all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(14-Oct-2015, 09:17)michirishi Wrote: Update

Devialet has responded to my request. They state that they are not able to give hardware service for Phantom at this moment. So I'll have to wait a little longer...

Definitely very disappointing for a device in the upper price segment and not at all up to its high standard.
Any new experience on this topic since?
I have a Gold Phantom with dented Woofer as well - Wondering if i should take it to a shop to have repaired, or if anyone has any experience / trips / tricks for a fix?
Devialet offered me a $2200 replacement - but I can't justify spending that much money on a replacement for cosmetic purposes...
Nothing in the Phantom is pressed with a ton of pressure - i opened mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk