Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Damaged Phantom
Update

Devialet has responded to my request. They state that they are not able to give hardware service for Phantom at this moment. So I'll have to wait a little longer...
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.
This is scary. Given that the bass drivers are not protected by the enclosure but rather protude out beyond the main body, any fall no matter how small is likely to dent the aluminum sphere it seems. Wow. Really have to be careful.

Perhaps super glue the Phantom to a chunk of granite and then bolt the granite to the floor.....LOL
(14-Oct-2015, 09:17)michirishi Wrote: Devialet has responded to my request. They state that they are not able to give hardware service for Phantom at this moment. So I'll have to wait a little longer...

Please excuse my intrusion, but: really?  If I understood you right, it sounds as though they're selling something with a warranty (I assume) which they are currently not able to honour - that is scary.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I think that currently Devialet fullfils its warranty commitment by exchanging for a new device. This is what happened with my faulty Dialog.
In the case of unit damaged by users, as we are discussing here, this is not under warranty.
It would need repair at the user expenses after a quotation is done. This is I guess what Devialet is not organized for yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phs, thanks for the clarification. I had jumped to the wrong conclusion.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Hi
But I think Devialet must give the chance to phantom owners to trade in damaged units for brand new ones with some sort of discount... Exactly as they did with the 30% discount for early phantom buyers to compensate the lack of Bluetooth ...

This unit looks great when they are new..but the damaged units as shown in this thread are ugly ....

Just hope my people will be careful with my phantoms...
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
I haven't mentioned yet that Devialet DID offer me replacement Phantoms at around *50%* off about a week after I told them about my severely damaged unit.

The caveat was that they would be either ex-demo or customer returns... which I was willing to go with until the 30% offer came out, and I knew I could definitely get a bluetooth one.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Update: NO SERVICE

To my surprise,I found out that Devialet is not able to give service at this moment.
After I asked about repair procedure and costs I got a swift reply in which, at first, everything seemed OK.

Can you please give me the serial number of your Phantom? We are currently building a new procedure regarding Phantom repairs. Please let me get back to you as soon as the procedure is ready, so I can give you the repair costs and details.

So I gave them the requested SN. And after a few days I got response:
We will contact you as soon as we will be able to make hardware service for Phantom.

Then, because I need this this information for my insurer, I asked them (again) about the costs of the repair and the time it would take for my Phantom to be serviced/repaired.

Only response I got was that they are not able to reply....

So for now, I have to wait and see if they will ever give any service at all. It has been 3 weeks since my first contact with them and still not heard from them. I like my Phantoms, But I am also dissapointed in this lack of service.
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.
I am sorry - I thought I just read that Devialet can't / won't repair their own products?

No - that sounds mental now I read it out loud to myself Smile

Must be my mistake sorry!
This is one of the more alarming things I have read here! If this is right, it makes these speakers a pretty expensive gamble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk