Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delay on a stable version of Core Infinity
(10-Nov-2017, 00:30)Celts88 Wrote: Also disappointment with Devialet that their 'chat' is only available for questions regarding Phantom.

I understand there are only 2  in the Customer Care team assigned to Expert owners for correspondence, hence having to wait a minimum of 1 day+ for any queries regarding Experts, whereas Phantom owners can get to speak to someone on-line instantly via 'chat'.

Shows where the Expert models fall in the order of priority compared to Phantom's for Devialet

You should not forget, that there are much more Phantoms out in the world, as Experts.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
But the Devialet Customer Care chat ONLY responds to Phantom questions, in particular sales. Devialet does have an Expert range too which they seem to know nothing about. I've tried this a long time ago so it may have changed although I doubt it.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Nov-2017, 10:10)ogs Wrote: But the Devialet Customer Care chat ONLY responds to Phantom questions, in particular sales. Devialet does have an Expert range too which they seem to know nothing about. I've tried this a long time ago so it may have changed although I doubt it.

Yep, I had a query about posting on the Devialet Core Infinity Log thread and the help support 'Chat' person said he couldn't help as was a query regarding Expert range and he only dealt with Phantom. I said in the chat that it was a query about posting, not about the workings of the Expert, but he still wouldn't answer and raised a ticket with the Expert Help (still waiting for an answer to my query)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(10-Nov-2017, 01:00)ssfas Wrote:
(09-Nov-2017, 23:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote: There was a small window where I put the ridicule aside and allowed myself to be optimistic about Devialet.

I think @Confused coined the phrase ‘the only thing predictable about Devialet is that they’re unpredictable’.

Except, it seems, when it comes to software/firmware and communication where they’re utterly predictable and so bad it’s just laughable. I don’t take it too seriously or worry about it any more but I do find it kind of surreal - if a film were made about Devialet’s shambolic and chaotic performance, hiding behind glossy marketing BS, you’d think it was totally unbelievable. It’s that bad.

Optimist here. What's this about "the death of Air" in your signature?

Originally Air didn't work for me because of my wifi setup, now it is hardwired I set it up this evening in 5 minutes and it is working perfectly to 24/192 ethernet and 24/96 wifi. The 24/192 by wifi just can't hack it, but Qobuz in OSX has a drop-down list to chose a maximum sample rate, so I can just drop it down a step. 
Part of the wifi problem seems to be sending at 5g and then the router switching to 2.4g. Changing the macbook to the 2.4gb band makes it much better, but it is not quite there. With 5g it should be no hassle.

I never used WiFi. I’ve got no idea how it relates to my post, but I don’t really care either....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I seriously doubt AIR will die.  With luck, Devialet will finally get it fully functional for all.  After all, there are likely a bunch of Expert owners that don't use Roon but do use AIR.   However, if/when Devialet Expert Pros become Roon Ready (i.e. integrate RAAT) then all us annoying Roon users will happily shut-up about AIR.  My guess is that is what Steve means in his "Fingers crossed..." sig.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(10-Nov-2017, 21:32)mdconnelly Wrote: I seriously doubt AIR will die.  With luck, Devialet will finally get it fully functional for all.  After all, there are likely a bunch of Expert owners that don't use Roon but do use AIR.   However, if/when Devialet Expert Pros become Roon Ready (i.e. integrate RAAT) then all us annoying Roon users will happily shut-up about AIR.  My guess is that is what Steve means in his "Fingers crossed..." sig.

Honestly I have doubts, that ROON would have so many Devialet customers, if AIR would work. I am using ROON, but the information benefit is not decisive for me. I would be satisfied with AIR, if it would be free of crackles etc.

I would be happy, if Devialet would get ROON RAAT ready, but just because I get up hope that AIR will ever work flawlessly.

So I can understand that customers who do not want to use ROON do not understand why so many ROON users are asking here for it.

If I knew that AIR works, integrating other streaming services in a good App and other sound enhancements would be more important for me.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
I may be the lucky one as having just set up Air it works pretty much perfectly. I think the reason is that I have a router wired to my modem upstairs, necessary to get sky Q to work around the house. The router sits under the Expert and I set it up with a dedicated 2.4g network. It sounds so good I ordered an external psu for the router to see if can get even better.

My ideal situation is that the unit can stream my two services Qobuz and highresaudio, music on my server, Spotify and airplay. That’s me and my family, my older son just uses it for playing vinyl.

I had an email from Oceane today and she indicated there is no real priority for services. Air is being developed and rebranded and other services are being brought along and there are long term aspirations. I don’t think it’s rocket science to work out what services people want, jus spend a morning looking at what other manufacturers are offering.

What I am interested in is whether they manage to develop a good iOS app. Streaming really needs a good app and Lightning is half the reason why I use Auralic devices. I don’t recall mention of a new app, but I assume there will be one and I hope it’s a good one.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
Roon does'nt support Qobuz, sadly....
(14-Nov-2017, 22:29)Arno-G Wrote: Roon does'nt support Qobuz, sadly....

Qobuz works perfectly fine via Air from my iMac or Macbook.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
See latest from Devialet: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ember-15th

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK