Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Customer Service is the BEST
In so far, the customer service was quite good for me. Yes, it was not immediate, first call from a rep I got three weeks after opening a ticket, and then calls were like in a week time but the final solution is there, my amp is in France for repair, and the communication with the rep is much better now. I had more immediate response from T+A, but the final solution was very long and complicated. I had to pick up a board in Germany and make local repairs.. so in this perspective, I’m a happy customer of Devialet.
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
It took them 25 days to deliver my packing boxes to the UK for the CI upgrade. It was supposed to be 4 days. The UPS driver then delivered 2 sets. I wonder how long it will take to do the upgrade. Maybe they will send two Od’A back afterwards - that would be nice.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(31-Jan-2019, 10:37)Zappydev Wrote: It took them 25 days to deliver my packing boxes to the UK for the CI upgrade. It was supposed to be 4 days. The UPS driver then delivered 2 sets. I wonder how long it will take to do the upgrade. Maybe they will send two Od’A back afterwards - that would be nice.

Credit Where It's Due !!

I have done my share of moaning about Devialet over the years, but on this occasion,  I have to recognise their outstanding performance.

My Od'A arrived at the factory 2 working days after despatch, on 18 February, and I was duly notified that it might take 15 days to turn it around.

On the 10th working day after receipt, I was notified that it was on the way back, and the next day it arrived. UPS seemed to have kicked the box to hell, and left it in a puddle, but inside, the precious cargo was intact.

My Original d'Atelier is, to all intents and purposes, brand new once again - it looks absolutely pristine, as does the remote.

Even better - it shipped with the latest software pre-installed, so I was immediately able to set it up and start using it with Roon RAAT, straight out of the box.

Everything is perfect, no issues, and it is fully recognised and certified by Roon too.

After two and a half years of use, to get essentially a new amplifier with a fresh, 5-year warranty and a specification far above what I originally purchased can only be described as outstanding.

Well done Devialet - this is truly superb service Heart Heart Heart
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(07-Mar-2019, 15:52)Zappydev Wrote:
(31-Jan-2019, 10:37)Zappydev Wrote: It took them 25 days to deliver my packing boxes to the UK for the CI upgrade. It was supposed to be 4 days. The UPS driver then delivered 2 sets. I wonder how long it will take to do the upgrade. Maybe they will send two Od’A back afterwards - that would be nice.

Credit Where It's Due !!

I have done my share of moaning about Devialet over the years, but on this occasion,  I have to recognise their outstanding performance.

My Od'A arrived at the factory 2 working days after despatch, on 18 February, and I was duly notified that it might take 15 days to turn it around.

On the 10th working day after receipt, I was notified that it was on the way back, and the next day it arrived. UPS seemed to have kicked the box to hell, and left it in a puddle, but inside, the precious cargo was intact.

My Original d'Atelier is, to all intents and purposes, brand new once again - it looks absolutely pristine, as does the remote.

Even better - it shipped with the latest software pre-installed, so I was immediately able to set it up and start using it with Roon RAAT, straight out of the box.

Everything is perfect, no issues, and it is fully recognised and certified by Roon too.

After two and a half years of use, to get essentially a new amplifier with a fresh, 5-year warranty and a specification far above what I originally purchased can only be described as outstanding.

Well done Devialet - this is truly superb service Heart Heart Heart

Indeed! Devialet is one of the best customer service HiFi company in the world!
Though my experience should be shared as well as others on this thread.

On the 15th Oct this year my remote for the O d’A ceased to work and opening it up to replace the batteries I discovered that the original batteries supplied by Devialet had leaked and acid had discoloured/corroded the base and main unit together with causing the battery connections to be corroded.

I emailed Devialet support to explain the problem, after  few days correspondence and forwarding photos and serial numbers they responded by sending a UPS return label to send the unit back to them for repair at no charge, I received the remote back today fully restored as new, remarkable given the special finish !

No fuss or queries, just got it sorted.
(15-Nov-2019, 16:21)MartinG Wrote: Though my experience should be shared as well as others on this thread.

On the 15th Oct this year my remote for the O d’A ceased to work and opening it up to replace the batteries I discovered that the original batteries supplied by Devialet had leaked and acid had discoloured/corroded the base and main unit together with causing the battery connections to be corroded.

I emailed Devialet support to explain the problem, after  few days correspondence and forwarding photos and serial numbers they responded by sending a UPS return label to send the unit back to them for repair at no charge, I received the remote back today fully restored as new, remarkable given the special finish !

And there are people saying Devialet have given up on the Expert range. Funny that.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(15-Nov-2019, 16:21)MartinG Wrote: Though my experience should be shared as well as others on this thread.

There is a tendency for forums such as this to drift towards the negative, so it is great to hear something positive about Devialet's service.  It also serves to give some piece of mind to those that might spend too much time worrying about what might happen if something does go wrong.

Anyway, welcome to the forum Martin, and whilst you are here you might want to see if you can fill one of the missing slots the O'dA register:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Original...=d'atelier

There are still many gaps in the register, presumably there are some strange individuals out there who would prefer to spend time listening to their original D'Atelier rather posting about it? (See post #60 in the above link)

It's a funny old world.  Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The customer service was always nice to me but they were never able to bring straight forward solutions to issues when the whole setup was under "crisis" after a firmware update, etc.
I once had a cracked Phantom and the replacement was a smooth process if you don't take in consideration the amount of time spent to remove the Phantom from the wall mount.
In early 2018 i would have certainly agreed they were good enough, in 2019 they became useless and inefficient.
Please excuse my poor reputation
I wanted to take the opportunity to give some credit where credit is due;
I have an Expert pro 140 whose remote, a few month ago, started to behave oddly (not track the revolutions to the correct increase or decrease in volume). I reached out to Devialet and they agreed to fix the remote no questions asked. The remote was returned but after a few weeks the behavior returned.
I reached out to customer support (Kenshiro) who went above and beyond working with me to find a satisfactory fix - in the end Devialet shipped a brand new remote that as of now still works.
I purchased the amp new about a year ago and this is also not the first time i have had a piece of electronics fail. Usually if its outside the 30 day industry standard warranty period you are out of luck. Well Devialet stood behind the craftsmanship and honored a failed product.

Thank you Kenshiro and Devialet for great customer support
(02-Jan-2020, 22:19)nbkaye Wrote:
I purchased the amp new about a year ago and this is also not the first time i have had a piece of electronics fail. Usually if its outside the 30 day industry standard warranty period you are out of luck. Well Devialet stood behind the craftsmanship and honored a failed product.

Thank you Kenshiro and Devialet for great customer support

I also have had very good service from Devialet on the one time I needed my 140 repaired but I would make one point about your comments.

You refer to a "30 day industry standard warranty period". In my experience the warranty period on most high quality audio equipment is considerably more than 30 days and 2 years is common. Devialet provide a 5 year warranty with a free 3 year warranty extension if you register your Expert Pro. You shouldn't be at all surprised that Devialet repaired your remote under warranty for an amp purchased about a year ago, what you should be surprised about if you're used to 30 day warranties is that Devialet provide a 5 year warranty, 8 years if you register your amp.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia