Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog
(13-Feb-2015, 13:44)brit Wrote: And the really annoying thing is that they have taken the money up front for a product that is going to be late and will not, seemingly, operate as promised at time of ordering!!

Will also be considering cancelling my order, but wonder what procedure is, and how to get money back? Devialet has, unfortunately, become all marketing "fluff" with no substance!

They made a huge marketing splash for products that do not seem to be anywhere near ready for public release!

David

Just email Devialet support stating you want to cancel your order for the Dialog.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(13-Feb-2015, 13:51)Eddye Wrote:
(13-Feb-2015, 13:44)brit Wrote: And the really annoying thing is that they have taken the money up front for a product that is going to be late and will not, seemingly, operate as promised at time of ordering!!

Will also be considering cancelling my order, but wonder what procedure is, and how to get money back? Devialet has, unfortunately, become all marketing "fluff" with no substance!

They made a huge marketing splash for products that do not seem to be anywhere near ready for public release!

David

Just email Devialet support stating you want to cancel your order for the Dialog.

Thanks, will do. Have they refunded your money?

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(13-Feb-2015, 17:38)brit Wrote: Thanks, will do. Have they refunded your money?

David

They refunded mine straight away - very efficient and understanding.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(13-Feb-2015, 17:43)PhilP Wrote:

David

Well at least that is reassuring - it is just such a shame that people have to resort to these drastic measures to show displeasure.

I have had no direct communication from Devialet to let me know of these delays, or problems! When I contacted them a few weeks ago, I was assured that delivery was still set for 16 February! I haven't even had the e-mail, with it's attached Amazon voucher, so am doubly "teed" off!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Yup - my solution is to ask for my money back and wait until they have sorted this mess out. It might be some time .....
I also got a refund very quickly, at least that part was very professional.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(13-Feb-2015, 17:57)brit Wrote:
(13-Feb-2015, 17:43)PhilP Wrote:

David

Well at least that is reassuring - it is just such a shame that people have to resort to these drastic measures to show displeasure.

I have had no direct communication from Devialet to let me know of these delays, or problems! When I contacted them a few weeks ago, I was assured that delivery was still set for 16 February! I haven't even had the e-mail, with it's attached Amazon voucher, so am doubly "teed" off!

David

Agreed, after all - they have all our email addresses and didn't bother communicating this bombshell to anyone.   Now, I still love the sound of the amp, but am starting to get concerned that their "Devialet is forever" message is diminishing.   I don't begrudge them developing new products and making more money - that's what companies are in business to do - I just feel that us "Expert" owners are somewhat further down on their pecking order than we should be.  

ATB, Ken 
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
Does anyone really know the complete capabilities of the Dialog yet or are we all just waiting until they ship to find out?
(25-Feb-2015, 19:36)ErikM Wrote: Does anyone really know the complete capabilities of the Dialog yet or are we all just waiting until they ship to find out?
Hi Erik - it's very much the latter. I sent an email to Devialet over 4 weeks ago asking them exactly how Dialog would work for us existing users - including things line what media servers snd NAS would be supported, what the roadmap is for streaming services - no response at all.  

I have yet to be contacted by them to confirm that Dialog will not be supported by the existing amps until the middle of the year.  I found this information on their web site. I'm vaguely relaxed because it's not a high cost item.  However, their communication with their current customer base seems to have degenerated significantly in the wake of the Phantom release.  I'm optimistic that this is only a temporary situation. 

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
I truly Belived Devialet amp owners dont need Dialog unless some sharing one needs etc or multi room phantoms exists.

why ? following are my beliefs. I read Eric some where else and I also believe that is true.
1) Devialet amps (120,200 ...) themselves have AIR streamer in them and all it needs is a good App that can control it
2) I m also told they are working on HDD / NAS directly connected to their USB port and their APP takes control of it, while the idevices (iphone,ipad) talk thru AIR_WIFI
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"