Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog
Will the Dialog replace AIR , is that what its intended to do?
Will it be more robust than AIR, or will it have the same dropout, white noise issues?

Of course I mean when used with the Expert Line.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(08-Apr-2015, 09:23)Womaz Wrote: Will the Dialog replace AIR , is that what its intended to do?
Will it be more robust than AIR, or will it have the same dropout, white noise issues?

Only time will tell Rolleyes. My Dialog is supposed to be delivered today, but will await the Expert software update before I can use it Huh.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(08-Apr-2015, 10:12)brit Wrote:
(08-Apr-2015, 09:23)Womaz Wrote: Will the Dialog replace AIR , is that what its intended to do?

Only time will tell Rolleyes. My Dialog is supposed to be delivered today, but will await the Expert software update before I can use it Huh.

David

I guess I am pinning my hopes on this resolving my AIR issues, I wont order it till I know it is stable though.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(08-Apr-2015, 10:23)Womaz Wrote:

David

I guess I am pinning my hopes on this resolving my AIR issues, I wont order it till I know it is stable though.

It might address AIR's stability issues but will it sound as good? Also the Spark app sounds far from ready at the moment and I would expect it to be another several months before it is stable and fully functional. If there is one thing that we are all learning in this brave new world of streaming is that software seems to be the hardest thing to get right.

There is some confusion as to whether Dialog/Spark is intended to replace AIR, largely as a result of Devialet's lack of communication on the matter. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(08-Apr-2015, 10:23)Womaz Wrote:

David

I guess I am pinning my hopes on this resolving my AIR issues, I wont order it till I know it is stable though.
Yes agree, I suspect there are quite a few with this hope Confused I ordered the Dialog more out of curiosity  - to see what other streaming options it was going to offer Exclamation I am sure that once the software is available to use the Dialog with the Expert Range - after Munich we hope - there will be a lot of discussion on this Forum to help guide you - or further confuse you Big Grin 

David

1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Air is software, the Dialog is hardware, a sort of music dedicated wireless access point.
The software which is used with Dialog is called Spark. It is much, much, worse than Air so far...
Mind you earlier versions of Air had fewer problems than the current one, IME.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Could I output my streamer into a Dialog, control it as I usual do, and distribute the stream to Phantoms in one room and my Devialet amp in another with it (i.e. without using Spark?). My streamer sounds much better than AIR, so I'm loath to replace it.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(08-Apr-2015, 13:13)AaronG Wrote: Could I output my streamer into a Dialog, control it as I usual do, and distribute the stream to Phantoms in one room and my Devialet amp in another with it (i.e. without using Spark?). My streamer sounds much better than AIR, so I'm loath to replace it.

Certainly not at the moment .
The only connection method between Dialog and "Expert" line so far mentioned is a USB connection, so the Dialog will have to be within cable range of the Devialet amp.
The USB socket is not yet implemented in software. The software controlling a Dialog is Spark, the latest update of which may have solved some of its problems but it has not solved any of the ones which bedevil my Phantoms.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I would be not astonished if Devialet announces at HiEnd 2015 that Dialog will be not a product for the expert line and that they will find a different solution (fitting the price range of the expert line).
(08-Apr-2015, 17:49)Music or sound Wrote: I would be not astonished if Devialet announces at HiEnd 2015 that Dialog will be not a product for the expert line and that they will find a different solution (fitting the price range of the expert line).

Why is the price important - I have a Raspberry Pi running Max2Play at the moment playing into Dev400 and Magico S5 (cost about £45) and it sounds great.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers