Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog
(08-Apr-2015, 17:49)Music or sound Wrote: I would be not astonished if Devialet announces at HiEnd 2015 that Dialog will be not a product for the expert line and that they will find a different solution (fitting the price range of the expert line).

Solution to what?

I have had a Devialet for 4 years and have never felt the absence of the Dialog box which is there to give a dedicated wifi source to multiple Phantoms using Spark.

My long term expectation was to use the Phantoms as rear channels in home theatre. Here a Dialog is needed to do the surround sound decoding.

Otherwise I don't know how the Dialog's features have a place in an "Expert" only system.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(08-Apr-2015, 19:42)f1eng Wrote:
(08-Apr-2015, 17:49)Music or sound Wrote: I would be not astonished if Devialet announces at HiEnd 2015 that Dialog will be not a product for the expert line and that they will find a different solution (fitting the price range of the expert line).

Solution to what?

Otherwise I don't know how the Dialog's features have a place in an "Expert" only system.

IIRC it's been mentioned in other threads that Devialet support have suggested Dialog as a "solution" to various problems with AIR.  (I haven't heard that directly from Devialet.)

Needless to say it would be extremely disappointing if that became the official line.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
[/quote]

IIRC it's been mentioned in other threads that Devialet support have suggested Dialog as a "solution" to various problems with AIR.  (I haven't heard that directly from Devialet.)

Needless to say it would be extremely disappointing if that became the official line.
[/quote]

Devialet's support told me end of January after a some questions about AIR: "Dialog could indeed be a solution to the AIR issue you are encountering."
(08-Apr-2015, 18:39)NickB Wrote:

Why is the price important - I have a Raspberry Pi running Max2Play at the moment playing into Dev400 and Magico S5 (cost about £45) and it sounds great.

I do not desire an expensive toy myself, I have a SDTrans384 and that is in the price range of the Dialog. I have no hope that the Dialog will be the better sounding device. UI has to be better than the SDTrans which is the ultimate minimum.
(08-Apr-2015, 19:42)f1eng Wrote: My long term expectation was to use the Phantoms as rear channels in home theatre. Here a Dialog is needed to do the surround sound decoding.

This is an interesting idea.  Is surround sound decoding available in SPARK or is this on the "coming soon" list?
(08-Apr-2015, 21:42)Confused Wrote:
(08-Apr-2015, 19:42)f1eng Wrote: My long term expectation was to use the Phantoms as rear channels in home theatre. Here a Dialog is needed to do the surround sound decoding.

This is an interesting idea.  Is surround sound decoding available in SPARK or is this on the "coming soon" list?

I don't know whether it will be in Spark or the Dialog firmware. When, who knows, 2025 at the present rate of non-progress? I thought 5-channel surround had been mentioned as part of the Phantom plan from the beginning, presumably 5.0 rather than 5.1 Smile .
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(08-Apr-2015, 19:42)f1eng Wrote: Solution to what?

I have had a Devialet for 4 years and have never felt the absence of the Dialog box which is there to give a dedicated wifi source to multiple Phantoms using Spark.

My long term expectation was to use the Phantoms as rear channels in home theatre. Here a Dialog is needed to do the surround sound decoding.

I'm hoping it would eventually be the streaming solution for people who don't want to be using a computer while listening to music. Preferably a UPnP/DLNA/OpenHome one, since Devialet still refuses to include that feature in the Devialet firmware.
I wonder if with 5 phantom set up we should count it as 5.0 or 5.5. I had a brief listening to a 2 channel setup watching a movie yesterday. The bass is as good as a sub. Now I just hope for the following possibility - every video component connected to my tv and my tv optical out to dialog and USB connected to my d120 and wirelessly dialog connect to a phantom. When I switch on my TV, dialog would be smart enough to make the phantom and my d120 work together as my front 3 channels
(10-Jun-2015, 03:47)warpeon Wrote: I wonder if with 5 phantom set up we should count it as 5.0 or 5.5. I had a brief listening to a 2 channel setup watching a movie yesterday. The bass is as good as a sub. Now I just hope for the following possibility - every video component connected to my tv and my tv optical out to dialog and USB connected to my d120 and wirelessly dialog connect to a phantom. When I switch on my TV, dialog would be smart enough to make the phantom and my d120 work together as my front 3 channels

Theoretically you are correct about the 5.5

The challenge won't be in the Phantoms as much as in finding sound tracks coded in 5.5

All movies are coded in the standard firmware of 5.1 or 7.2

Even the new Dolby Atmos adds more channels but not subs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I don't really see a challenge.

That should be quite strait forward to mix the .1 towards all Phantom in the 5.1 case or each one to half of them in the 7.2 case.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France