Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog
(25-Feb-2015, 19:58)Jnan_devi Wrote: I truly Belived Devialet amp owners dont need Dialog unless some sharing one needs etc or multi room phantoms exists.

why ? following are my beliefs. I read Eric some where else and I also believe that is true.
1) Devialet amps (120,200 ...) themselves have AIR streamer in them and all it needs is a good App that can control it
2) I m also told they are working on HDD / NAS directly connected to their USB port and their APP takes control of it, while the idevices (iphone,ipad) talk thru AIR_WIFI

This is an interesting and surprisingly welcome clarification (provided AIR becomes universally robust).

The initial impression given by Devialet was that Dialog/Spark, via wifi, would work with the Expert line and be potentially better than AIR in certain situations because the wifi architecture was more robust.

So for a modest Dialog outlay I guess most Devialet owners might want that.

One day we might know the definitive answer.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Agreed Ian! Wait and watch.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(25-Feb-2015, 19:58)Jnan_devi Wrote: I truly Belived Devialet amp owners dont need Dialog unless some sharing one needs etc or multi room phantoms exists.

why ? following are my beliefs. I read Eric some where else and I also believe that is true.
1) Devialet amps (120,200 ...) themselves have AIR streamer in them and all it needs is a good App that can control it
2) I m also told they are working on HDD / NAS directly connected to their USB port and their APP takes control of it, while the idevices (iphone,ipad) talk thru AIR_WIFI

I have to disagree. Why? Following are my preferences and things I want/don't want.
1) Air  requires a computer which I don't want to have on or a Dialog. When choosing between a thing I don't want and a Dialog, Dialog wins.
2) I don't want to connect my NAS to my Devialet. USB cables can be only 5m long and my NAS ain't that close to my Devialet, nor would I ever put it there. I do however have ethernet cabling everywhere and prefer to use that.
Today I did PlugPlayer + Aiplay+ toslink = wonderful combination and excellent quality.

However observed few dropsSad. Suddenly felt for Dialog or Server + robust app.

So I m open now - wait and watch!
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
I ordered a Dialog from Colette last night. I didn't think about it at the time but I hope they are universal voltage (I'm in the US).

I hope if works with 200 sooner than later. Does anyone know what features are currently implemented? I've seen videos with qobuz and locally stored files playing, but I'm hoping upnp is working as well.

I'll hook it up when it arrives and post my results.
(14-Jan-2015, 02:55)Charlemagne Wrote: @LBameule: I guess you are right. In my understanding the Dialog is more like a 'streaming bridge'. It's task is to pick up the files from the internet or the NAS (as soon as UpNP is implemented) or even from an external digital source and send them to the Phantom or the Dev expert. In the amp or the all-in-one device the D-A decoding will take place. The Dialog is fully working in the digital domain. It kind of replaces a pc or Apple computer with it's streaming software installed on it. For the moment the output to the Dev expert is limited to the USB protocol. After firmware updates AIR (WiFi either ethernet) might be active as well in the future. To the Phantom the Dialog can send the  music files in various ways (WiFi, ethernet etc). The onboard DAC in the Phantom or the Dev amp does the conversion to analog.

this is a big thread, reached until pg-14, without getting excited to write anything, however cannot wait, and not sure if anyone responded to this specific topic written here.

This is correctly captured. I would simply imagine if Apple folks come up with their own app for mini to control their device, then we are all good. No need of Dialog too. But if someone adds Phantom, then Dialog becomes useful.
(05-Mar-2015, 20:29)DJ 04 Wrote: I ordered a Dialog from Colette Sunday night and I received it here on the west coast of the US today. For those in the US who might be interested the Dialog came with a Schuko plug but the Dialog is universal voltage and has a C7 input (I pulled the power cable off an Apple TV and it worked fine).

Now to the part we've all been waiting for--I plugged it in to my router and the USB input on my 200 and fired up Spark hoping for some magic. Nope. Spark finds the Dialog but hangs on the next screen looking for a Phantom. I tried an iPad and macbook with the same results.I tried a couple UPNP control points to see if it showed up as a UPNP renderer but I found nothing. My guess is that both Spark and the Dialog will need updates before this works.

The Dialog comes with the worlds smallest instruction manual and includes instructions for using it with the expert line.

One other thing, the fit and finish on mine is not great. The case is rubberized plastic and mine had some marks on it. Also the sliver trim piece is poorly painted, almost looks like it was done by hand. Looks more like a prototype than a finished product.

Now on to the pics.

[Image: 16538875818_a679254385_n.jpg]IMG_0784 by DJN2009, on Flickr

[Image: 16539015990_8a9e150887_n.jpg]IMG_0786 by DJN2009, on Flickr

I posted this in another section but I thought people might be interested. Not much use to us expert users at the moment.
(06-Mar-2015, 01:32)DJ 04 Wrote:
(05-Mar-2015, 20:29)DJ 04 Wrote: I ordered a Dialog from Colette Sunday night and I received it here on the west coast of the US today. For those in the US who might be interested the Dialog came with a Schuko plug but the Dialog is universal voltage and has a C7 input (I pulled the power cable off an Apple TV and it worked fine).

Now to the part we've all been waiting for--I plugged it in to my router and the USB input on my 200 and fired up Spark hoping for some magic. Nope. Spark finds the Dialog but hangs on the next screen looking for a Phantom. I tried an iPad and macbook with the same results.I tried a couple UPNP control points to see if it showed up as a UPNP renderer but I found nothing. My guess is that both Spark and the Dialog will need updates before this works.

The Dialog comes with the worlds smallest instruction manual and includes instructions for using it with the expert line.

One other thing, the fit and finish on mine is not great. The case is rubberized plastic and mine had some marks on it. Also the sliver trim piece is poorly painted, almost looks like it was done by hand. Looks more like a prototype than a finished product.

Now on to the pics.

[Image: 16538875818_a679254385_n.jpg]IMG_0784 by DJN2009, on Flickr

[Image: 16539015990_8a9e150887_n.jpg]IMG_0786 by DJN2009, on Flickr

I posted this in another section but I thought people might be interested. Not much use to us expert users at the moment.
Congratulations! you are the first person who came so close to even touch it or feel it.

Will you be giving it back and wait for updated item to come ?
Folks - Either I m unable to get to the correct link or its removed. In the past there was a statement from Devialet regarding Dialog, that its ready for Phantom and expected to be ready by Mid-2015 for Expert segment. I no longer see this statement. Either they dont want to support or announcing in the upcoming Germany "High End" show.