Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog
The Phantoms and Dialog use a mesh network like Sonos.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(19-Dec-2014, 15:47)Jwg1749 Wrote: The Phantoms and Dialog use a mesh network like Sonos.

Hmmm. I wonder which way they will go with the Devialet amps w.r.t. wireless connectivity: provide upgrades to the amps so they connect to the proprietary mesh network; continue to develop and support AIR or both?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Qobuz has more technical specs for the Dialog http://www.qobuz.com/FR-fr/info/Hi-Fi-Gu..._guide_186
The only connection specified for the expert line (= D) is USB asynchronous audio output.
It has 2 networks: one guest and one Phantom (both dual-band). I wonder wether the Phantom network can also be used with the Ds (restricted to2.4 GHz). The Dialog can connect to phantom via ethernet (any possibility for D)?
(19-Dec-2014, 18:10)Music or sound Wrote: Qobuz has more technical specs for the Dialog http://www.qobuz.com/FR-fr/info/Hi-Fi-Gu..._guide_186
The only connection specified for the expert line (= D) is USB asynchronous audio output.
It has 2 networks: one guest and one Phantom (both dual-band). I wonder wether the Phantom network can also be used with the Ds (restricted to2.4 GHz). The Dialog can connect to phantom via ethernet (any possibility for D)?

I mentioned this in another post. I was very surprised when I discovered that the upgrade of the d-premier to D250 didn't include a wifi upgrade at 5GHz. Now after the release of Phantom and Dialog I am utterly disappointed that this didn't happen when they had all the pieces already in development and they knew they would have switched to 5GHz for the new products. I always thought that one of the Air problem is related to the bandwidth, now I imagine a new upgrade for th D250 will come out at some extra cost.....
Hello

I have a 5G router, like most folks properly--but my PC iPad etc. always connect to the 2,4G network because the range on the 5G is shooter than the 2,4G.

I believe that 2,4 should be more than enough for music, I mean it can without problems stream HD movies...

Or am I misunderstanding anything?

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(19-Dec-2014, 22:02)Morten Wrote: Hello

I have a 5G router, like most folks properly--but my PC iPad etc. always connect to the 2,4G network because the range on the 5G is shooter than the 2,4G.

I believe that 2,4 should be more than enough for music, I mean it can without problems stream HD movies...

Or am I misunderstanding anything?

Kind regards

Morten

Hi Morten,

Technically yes the band should be able to be enough. However I noticed that the 2.5 tends to saturate very quickly. For example if on the same network someone is using skype, facetime or Ny other service the music start dropping as crazy. So yes is enough if it is a dedicated line only for the devialet. At least that is what I think from my experience.

M
Hoping they add room correction capabilities.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
(20-Dec-2014, 22:10)pete86 Wrote: Hoping they add room correction capabilities.

So do I, but hopefully not in Dialog. Convolution needs to be in the amp. If you want to do correction of the speaker output it must be done after the inputs. As Devialet does with SAM. I do not think SAM would be interesting if it depended on some external hardware and you could only have SAM correction on sound going through this unit
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I have been reviewing the Dialog section on Devialet's website, I have to say that the lack of useful information is absolutely woeful.
It would be nice if Devialet could put the Dialog's owners manual on the website.