Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog
(26-Dec-2014, 20:27)mauidan Wrote: It would be nice if Devialet could put the Dialog's owners manual on the website.

Ho! Ho! Ho! You mean just like they've done for the current range of products Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(26-Dec-2014, 21:14)PhilP Wrote:
(26-Dec-2014, 20:27)mauidan Wrote: It would be nice if Devialet could put the Dialog's owners manual on the website.

Ho! Ho! Ho! You mean just like they've done for the current range of products Smile

Well the current Devialet owners' manuals are minimalist, rather like those for Apple products.

Apple products are complemented by extensive support communities which involve Apple themselves ... (complete as appropriate!)
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(26-Dec-2014, 21:14)PhilP Wrote:

Maybe they would!

Devialet thinks of the original and the current D series as the "Expert Line " and as such owner / users don't need a manual

Whereas for the Phantom the story might be different however the level of information provided so far and specially on Dialog is not promising at all
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Does anyone know what Dialog will actually do for a traditional "expert" range amplifier owner? Plus, what is the spec of the USB output, is it properly "audio optimised"?
(28-Dec-2014, 02:10)Confused Wrote: Does anyone know what Dialog will actually do for a traditional "expert" range amplifier owner? Plus, what is the spec of the USB output, is it properly "audio optimised"?
From the very limited info here is what I think I know (I stand to be corrected)

Dialog will allow owners of The Expert Line to use Spark.

Dialog will connect via USB to the The Expert Line and then connect Phantom units wordlessly in case one wants to integrate them in a current Expert system

Dialog with its Guest and Phantom networks should bring more streaming capabilities including NAS
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I'm really curious to what Dialog will bring when it's introduced and in the future. I do think that people who need a specific functionality should ask Devialet what it will offer directly from the box when it's introduced. It could just as well be that e.g. uPnP could take them a year or something, could be a month, could be two years etc.

It's the 'will integrate' words that "alerted" me.

"Based on the EVO platform, DIALOG will integrate more and more music streaming services natively, multichannel audio decoding, UPnP compatibility to access music from NAS devices, and much more".
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I REALLY a want to try a Dialogue.. I'm going to compare it to my Aries and AIR.. If this little fella is competitive it's going to be a game changer.. It's all going to come down (for me) to SQ
Dialog ordered!  Cool

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I'm still hoping they'll send me an invite....
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
They sent me a code within 24 hrs after I requested it.

I've ordered a Dialog to play with and may buy a Phantom or two but want to home demo them first. I doubt whether Harrods will let me do that...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)