Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dialog
The fact is, given what most of us have spent on our kit, the price of the Dialog makes it no-brainer. I'm assuming that initially the Dialog will connect with the 'expert' units via USB and will take a feed from a networked NAS via ethernet. That may well be good enough. But presumably there are plans for a firmware upgrade to the 'expert' units to enable them to connect wirelessly with the Dialog. Personally I'd prefer an ethernet connection, but if the wireless works well, I'll be happy.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
One of the early press reports referred to listening to Qobuz via a Phantom at the launch event but it wasn't clear from the article whether this was streamed via Spark/Dialog or just from a Mac.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Dialog ordered.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
When I try to order a Dialog, I am proposed to order a phantom...
I have requested an invitation a code one or two weeks ago. Still nothing.

For the one who got an invitation code, did your request one for Phantom and after that you have ordered a Dialog ?

I was wondering if there was another way to order a Dialog..

thanks
philoouu
Yes, I think the invite is general to allow you into the online shop, you can then order what you want.
(09-Jan-2015, 02:55)philoouu Wrote: When I try to order a Dialog, I am proposed to order a phantom...
I have requested an invitation a code one or two weeks ago. Still nothing.

For the one who got an invitation code, did your request one for Phantom and after that you have ordered a Dialog ?

I was wondering if there was another way to order a Dialog..

thanks
philoouu

I suggest that you ask for a code again.  I had to ask twice but the second time mine arrived in < 24hrs.  As Chris says, the invitation refers to buying a Phantom but you can actually buy any product you like from the store.

Before the on-line store was created I had an e-mail exchange with Devialet support about buying a Dialog and they said I could speak directly with their commercial department.  If you contact support they may offer you the same possibility.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
It anyone 100% clear as to what Dialog will do? I am thinking of connecting to a NAS for stored music, and to Devialet via USB. How well this will work depends on Spark, and there are not many details on Spark yet. Plus, the big question, how will sound quality compare to say AIR Ethernet / WASAPI, which is what I'm using at the moment. If Dialog cannot match AIR, then why bother? If Dialog is better than AIR, and Spart works well, happy days!

Although I am not clear on any of this at the moment!
(09-Jan-2015, 10:31)Confused Wrote: It anyone 100% clear as to what Dialog will do? I am thinking of connecting to a NAS for stored music, and to Devialet via USB. How well this will work depends on Spark, and there are not many details on Spark yet. Plus, the big question, how will sound quality compare to say AIR Ethernet / WASAPI, which is what I'm using at the moment. If Dialog cannot match AIR, then why bother? If Dialog is better than AIR, and Spart works well, happy days!

Sorry just tried to get in touch with my spirit guide but he's not giving out codes at the moment. So I am unable to help.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(09-Jan-2015, 10:31)Confused Wrote: It anyone 100% clear as to what Dialog will do?  I am thinking of connecting to a NAS for stored music, and to Devialet via USB.  How well this will work depends on Spark, and there are not many details on Spark yet.  Plus, the big question, how will sound quality compare to say AIR Ethernet / WASAPI, which is what I'm using at the moment.  If Dialog cannot match AIR, then why bother?  If Dialog is better than AIR, and Spart works well, happy days!  

Still very little information on the web. Not even a picture. Whether or not it's better than AIR is anyone's guess at the moment. The press is only interested in the Phantom Speakers right now.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
On the Soundstage Global website:

"Devialet's Dialog box is a purpose-built computer that attaches to a network and can communicate with the company's amps and new Phantom-series speakers. Users interact with Dialog twith Devialet's Spark app, which runs on tablets and smartphones. Using Spark, users can stream files from network-attached storage devices and streaming services. Dialog also has multiple digital inputs to connect digital sources directly to it. Although no firm price for Dialog is established, it's likely to cost less than $400 when released."

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.ph...ge-gallery

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK