Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert Remote
Devialet has just delivered a new version of the Android app and I guess also for iOS. The change log only says 'Renamed the application' so there maybe nothing new (no bug fixes), but one never knows with Devialet.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(18-Jul-2018, 13:56)ogs Wrote: Devialet has just delivered a new version of the Android app and I guess also for iOS. The change log only says 'Renamed the application' so there maybe nothing new (no bug fixes), but one never knows with Devialet.

IOS App not yet available! Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(18-Jul-2018, 14:03)K4680 Wrote:
(18-Jul-2018, 13:56)ogs Wrote: Devialet has just delivered a new version of the Android app and I guess also for iOS. The change log only says 'Renamed the application' so there maybe nothing new (no bug fixes), but one never knows with Devialet.

Just updated my iOS app, huge improvement!!!  The app was renamed to Expert.  WOW!  Now that's an improvement.

Now I have to go listen to sonic improvements.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Sorry if this sounds silly, but is the above real or a big woosh.

I can't find anything on the Devialet website about any new app, and can't find anything on the app store. Now it wouldn't surprise me as no email from Devialet about any new/updated app, just like I never received anything from Devialet when they released Firmware 13.0.0 + DOS 2.2.2 a couple of weeks ago.

Am I missing something???
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I just received the iOS Beta 12 update and suddenly there was an update to the Devialet app.  As with others, it simply says "Renamed the application."  The version is 1.8.4.  One advantage for me is that my iPad was having trouble recognizing the Devialet app from time to time.  Seems to access it now without problem.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
App...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(18-Jul-2018, 14:12)agentsmith Wrote:
(18-Jul-2018, 14:03)K4680 Wrote:

Just updated my iOS app, huge improvement!!!  The app was renamed to Expert.  WOW!  Now that's an improvement.

Now I have to go listen to sonic improvements.

Doh!!!!!

Just now realised you were being sarcastic Tongue , the update is just a name change - whoopie doos  Rolleyes
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
At least they haven't lost the source code, and know how to compile it.
Less cynically it suggests they have some developers on it.
More cynically it could just be more evidence of them obsessing about brand, and not things we care about.
Time will tell.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
The update took about 5 seconds!!! Enough time for a name change!! Big Grin
Hopefully perfect.
Maybe a new App comes with Expert - ...... (CI or UPnP or ....) ?????
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I suppose we'll have to take this as a sign from Devialet that they are serious about the new focus on Expert amplifiers. What was said at the OAC event "...refresh the iOS application to make it comparable to the hardware remote control" is important, but giving the app a new name is not worth much so maybe they should have fixed at least one bug when they where at it. The app has priority after RAAT and Bluetooth. We'll see..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB