Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Mania
Now on my second mania....first one sent back....distortion from woofers...a metallic sound after each low bass note..set up replacement today...same exact fault...awaiting reply from store..refund hopefully. Shame as its a beast at higher volume Sad
My Mania arrived a few days ago. Really like it. Beautiful sound from such a small device, but Dione is better, of course. I am using it as a portable device. And as a portable one Mania is winner.
Got the Mania in house for a week. Loving it. Clear sound with a Devialet known bass. Of course can’t compare it with Phantoms. Bummer to find out from Devialet support that the Arch is a product for Phantoms only. Can’t listen my vinyls on the Mania in any room.
(14-Nov-2022, 06:47)Sonu Wrote:
(09-Nov-2022, 13:30)Jean-Marie Wrote: Yes I have and I have been very impressed.

It was in a very large room like 50m2 and move then 3m ceiling.
It was very effectively filling the room both at low level for ambient music as well as significant level to listen to the music.

Jean-Marie

was it better sounding than the Apple Homepod?

Yes it is better than HomePod. Bass goes a lot deeper and I like Mania's sound more than HomePod. HomePod was a bit letdown on my opinion, maybe better with stereopair. Mania is small speaker but big sound for little device. Like subwoofer level bass. Mania gives more stereo like sound vs HomePod which sounded just like mono speaker. First bought mania and listened it about two weeks, and then I had to replace my genelec g three speakers and Arendal sub with Phantom two's. Also little phantoms are incredible speakers.
Hey!  I am delighted with the speaker Mania!  Sounds amazing in this size!  I have a pair of phantom2 and one golden phantom.  when using multiroom on the Mania speaker, a significant delay is heard.  Is there a way to adjust the delay relative to other speakers through the app?
(16-Nov-2022, 02:51)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(14-Nov-2022, 06:47)Sonu Wrote:
(09-Nov-2022, 13:30)Jean-Marie Wrote: Yes I have and I have been very impressed.

It was in a very large room like 50m2 and move then 3m ceiling.
It was very effectively filling the room both at low level for ambient music as well as significant level to listen to the music.

Jean-Marie

was it better sounding than the Apple Homepod?

Sorry, I cannot really tell because I have not heard the Apple HomePod.

Disappointed in loudness of Apple HomePod, to the point I thought there was something wrong with it. Granted no distortion at max volume but not loud at all imho. You'd need a pair to fill a room it seems.
(23-Jan-2023, 11:24)Iexajazz Wrote: Hey!  I am delighted with the speaker Mania!  Sounds amazing in this size!  I have a pair of phantom2 and one golden phantom.  when using multiroom on the Mania speaker, a significant delay is heard.  Is there a way to adjust the delay relative to other speakers through the app?

Same problem  Undecided I have two phantom, dione and mania. so when connecting everything together via airplay mania has a significant delay and I have not found a way to adjust it
I have Mania and im quite happy with how its working - apart from one fact - it does NOT support Devialet Multiroom.

This is a major drawback for me. I have a setup with two Phantom 1 and one Phantom II. Please Devialet - add support for multiroom!
(16-Feb-2023, 11:44)dsamjjlenk Wrote:
(23-Jan-2023, 11:24)Iexajazz Wrote: Hey!  I am delighted with the speaker Mania!  Sounds amazing in this size!  I have a pair of phantom2 and one golden phantom.  when using multiroom on the Mania speaker, a significant delay is heard.  Is there a way to adjust the delay relative to other speakers through the app?

Same problem  Undecided I have two phantom, dione and mania. so when connecting everything together via airplay mania has a significant delay and I have not found a way to adjust it

Just to let you know guys Devialet is aware of this problem and currently working on a fix.
Does anyone have experience with Hi Res Audio player FiiO-M11? In the Devialet store in Munich, I was not able to pair the FiiO player with the Mania.