Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Upgrade
(30-Apr-2021, 17:55)steve_denney Wrote: Interesting that we are now seeing comments that the new Golds seem to be better “voiced” with less boom and better dispersion between the instruments. Maybe the DAC has been tweaked in the new Phantoms?
Have they been more stable on DOS2 than the originals upgraded to DOS2?
If they sound better and more stable then maybe the Elevate option is becoming more attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have definitely much less "dissapearance" in Roon. It happened to me once in the last 3 weeks and when it happened remedy was fast - press on the remote and press on the back of the Phantom - puff all back to normal. Not sure if it is Roon or Devialet problem but had this occuring more often prior to Devialet upgrade and it was a pain to get it back up and running.
Starting to think that to “elevate” my Golds is the right thing to do. I am worried that Devialet will withdraw Spark and DOS1 sometime soon and I won’t have the ability to reboot my Golds if they need to be erased and reconnected.
I guess at least we get a fresh 2 year warranty and I will just have to trust that the latest implementation of PLC or Wi-fi to the new Golds is better than previous setup.
I don’t want to have to connect each speaker via Ethernet just to have a consistent connection. The lack of wiring was what drew me to Devialet when I decided to change from an expensive separate system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How long has it taken for people to receive their ship-back kits? I received the mailing labels right after placing the upgrade order, but have been waiting for two weeks for the packing to ship my old speakers back.
(03-May-2021, 23:20)woogle Wrote: How long has it taken for people to receive their ship-back kits? I received the mailing labels right after placing the upgrade order, but have been waiting for two weeks for the packing to ship my old speakers back.
I’m in western Canada, and it took me two full weeks to receive the return packages, which included a microfibre sock, a Devialet branded box with moulded styrofoam inserts, and a larger cardboard shipping box. Returned my Reactor 95’s to UPS right away, and they arrived back in France in one week. They’ve had them for two days, but no indications that my new 108’s have been shipped.

While I love the idea of the Elevate program, one nit: why did they charge me the upgrade price before even receiving my Reactors? Why not charge me once they ship the new ones out?

No big deal.
(04-May-2021, 00:17)Charcharius Wrote:
(03-May-2021, 23:20)woogle Wrote: How long has it taken for people to receive their ship-back kits?  I received the mailing labels right after placing the upgrade order, but have been waiting for two weeks for the packing to ship my old speakers back.
I’m in western Canada, and it took me two full weeks to receive the return packages, which included a microfibre sock, a Devialet branded box with moulded styrofoam inserts, and a larger cardboard shipping box.  Returned my Reactor 95’s to UPS right away, and they arrived back in France in one week.  They’ve had them for two days, but no indications that my new 108’s have been shipped. 

While I love the idea of the Elevate program, one nit: why did they charge me the upgrade price before even receiving my Reactors?  Why not charge me once they ship the new ones out?

No big deal.

Same experience here, full two weeks and some. When they received the returned phantom it was only 10 says later they had shipped the new one - Wednesday received - Friday next week shipped.
(04-May-2021, 15:35)st33f Wrote: 10 [d]ays later they had shipped the new one

Ugh. Not sure what I should have expected, but it wasn’t 10 days. Oh well.
I’m in process with two Phantom Golds. The return kits arrived within a few days, UPS return shipping took about a week (from Washington state). They shipped one of the new Phantoms two days after getting my return, and it arrived 5 days later. The other one still has NOT shipped, 2+ weeks after they reported receiving my trade-ins (April 16). I’ve had a few phone calls and emails with support, and today they said there was an “IT problem” and my 2nd Phantom should ship soon. But I’m growing a bit impatient at their inability to tell me anything of substance on my order, which still shows as “Processing” when I check the order status on devialet.com. I’m hoping it finally ships this week, but logistics appear to be challenging for Devialet.
Their IT is weird at best, my exchange order shows processing even though I've had it for 3 weeks now . I guess I should ask where is it  Tongue
A bit off topic, please excuse me. My local Devialet pusher is offering refurbished Phantom Premier Classic at the moment. Anyone else seen this offer? I've only seen refurbished Silvers before.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-May-2021, 16:25)diamar Wrote: But I’m growing a bit impatient at their inability to tell me anything of substance on my order, which still shows as “Processing” when I check the order status on devialet.com.

This has been my experience as well - always “processing” - despite when I get emails for shipping notifications.