Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Upgrade
Ugh, well, I guess I'm in for waiting time then. Decided to upgrade last week and went ahead to upgrade my golds. Would have been good if they had just printed return labels and included them with the return boxes. I don't have a printer >_<

I wonder if they have an issue with stocking up if it takes them that long to ship items.
Anyone know if it matter which speaker goes in which return box? ie. if the serial number must match the return box.
(08-May-2021, 08:15)Deezel Wrote: Anyone know if it matter which speaker goes in which return box? ie. if the serial number must match the return box.

Not sure about this but it’s easy to check if you still have them plugged in using the Devialet app. 

Go to the cog wheel settings icon on the top left and select ‘my products’ and this will show you the identified serial numbers - click on these in turn and the speaker will make a noise identifying itself.

Apologies if you already knew this. 

Kantblue
Yeah, I know how to check that, just that I can't print the label. UPS driver will bring them. Guess I will have to make some kind of note on the outside of the box so I know which one is where >_<

But damn, getting UPS to print the label before hand and come and pick it up. WHAT A HASSLE, first they said it was not possible and that I would have to cancel the shipping and order a new one. OR I would have to drop it off somewhere for pickup.

Eventually they saw the light and agreed to print it and come and pick it up. UPS in Sweden is a friggin joke >_<
I was careful about providing the correct serial number with the connected UPS tracking number. I assumed that the packages could be shipped in different vehicles/times and I was hoping to minimize any delays.

You likely know that the UPS labels they provide have reference numbers that list the serial number and the tracking ID for the return box they sent you to help them make the connection.

Despite being careful, Devialet has had my returned 95’s for 6 days now, and still no sign of any shipment of my 108’s. Wouldn’t bother me so much if they hadn’t charged me for them nearly a month ago.
(08-May-2021, 14:19)Charcharius Wrote: I was careful about providing the correct serial number with the connected UPS tracking number.  I assumed that the packages could be shipped in different vehicles/times and I was hoping to minimize any delays. 

You likely know that the UPS labels they provide have reference numbers that list the serial number and the tracking ID for the return box they sent you to help them make the connection.

Despite being careful, Devialet has had my returned 95’s for 6 days now, and still no sign of any shipment of my 108’s.  Wouldn’t bother me so much if they hadn’t charged me for them nearly a month ago.

Ah, you are right. I didn't have a look at the shipping label as I don't have a printer, but the serial number is actually one of the references there, as well as the specific order number. Good, thanks for the info =)
I'm in Australia and had very fast receipt of packing boxes from time of order (less than a week). Then, it took me a week to organise return delivery of 4 x Phantoms (UPS here were very good indeed).

Devialet acknowledged they got them on 4th May, so I thought I'd check today (10th May) when my 'elevated' Phantoms will be shipped. Got through to 'Stephanie' via the website customer chat bot who said they're being hammered (my word, not hers!). She said shipping will occur 'in about 1 - 2 weeks'.

That means a month of NO MUSIC. Hmmm. Oh well, anticipation heightens the excitment, huh?

Andrew
(10-May-2021, 03:21)andrewhollo Wrote: That means a month of NO MUSIC.

That sucks, sorry Andrew. I dropped them a line over the weekend, but based on your experience, I’ve lowered my expectations…
I wish UPS was something to have here in Sweden but they are a joke, no customer service to speak of. They hardly even want to come and pick up the speakers and keep asking if we can't deliver them to a pickup point. Finally got them to come and pick them up tomorrow.
It’s my understanding that ideally you receive your upgraded speakers 7 days after Devialet receives them… at least that’s how it’s supposed to work

Here’s my timeline for the most recent elevation…

I elevated my last gold on the 14th of April around 2pm.
I received the return ups box on Monday April 26th due on Friday but ups delayed pushed to Monday +3 days
Shipped back the next day on the 27th of April.
Devialet received my old gold on May 3
Devialet shipped my replacement on May 6
Speaker scheduled to arrive today May 10 7 days after they received my old one.
but UPS delayed it…

Overall ups delays added 4 days to the total time assuming the replacement arrives tomorrow on the 11th.
About 3 days shy of a month after payment.
Obviously the timeline would have been better if UPS had had not added 4 days to the overall time due to delays