Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and Obsolescence?
(19-Apr-2016, 19:16)Dr Tone Wrote:
(19-Apr-2016, 19:08)ozthepoz Wrote:
(16-Apr-2016, 17:09)Elztalbiker Wrote: New hardware for expert line is coming soon that' s true. What' s it is, should be a surprise.

Sent by iPad

- Any new release will probably integrate the phantoms and the expert range through the Dialogue. The vision is a totally connected system regardless of which Devialet(s) you have. 

That's rather unfortunate and IMO last thing most expert owners want.
I totally agree. As a D200 owner, It is definitely not my concern to have Expert line integrate with their Phantom and the Dialogue router. Besides,  I think the Phantom owners may be not interested in having Expert amp in their systems.
(20-Apr-2016, 12:14)G51 Wrote:
(19-Apr-2016, 19:16)Dr Tone Wrote:
(19-Apr-2016, 19:08)ozthepoz Wrote:  - Any new release will probably integrate the phantoms and the expert range through the Dialogue. The vision is a totally connected system regardless of which Devialet(s) you have. 

That's rather unfortunate and IMO last thing most expert owners want.
I totally agree. As a D200 owner, It is definitely not my concern to have Expert line integrate with their Phantom and the Dialogue router. Besides,  I think the Phantom owners may be not interested in having Expert amp in their systems.

Same here. I'm concerned more with the ability to change the motherboard of my D200 with the one to be presented at Munich, rather than Phantom integration.

If I were to choose, I would like Spark to work as a stand alone player (like iTunes) and stream to my D200 without the need of the dialogue
(16-Apr-2016, 17:34)mdconnelly Wrote: I've been a Devialet Expert owner now for 10 months.   I love my 200, but I'll admit to becoming a bit disillusioned with the company.   They created a product with the intent to continue to support and improve it through firmware and software improvements.  That commitment played a part in my purchase decision.  Was it just marketing-speak?  Over the course of this last year, all I've seen is heavy focus on their new speakers with no apparent effort to address real issues from existing customers (e.g... AIR). Contacting support yielded some very polite messages but absolutely no results nor insight.

When I bought the 200, I felt certain I would pick up a companion to make it a 400 within a year as finances became available.   Now I'm on the fence about that decision...

I want to believe in Devialet the company as much as I do their product, but they're not making it easy.  I'm hoping the next few months will turn that perception around.

Good luck with that. Any company that treats its customers with the arrogance shown by Devialet is already obsolete as far as I am concerned. I have learned a valuable and expensive lesson when it comes to being suckered-in by shiny cases and even more shiny marketing BS.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(20-Apr-2016, 17:21)Zappydev Wrote:
(16-Apr-2016, 17:34)mdconnelly Wrote: I've been a Devialet Expert owner now for 10 months.   I love my 200, but I'll admit to becoming a bit disillusioned with the company.   They created a product with the intent to continue to support and improve it through firmware and software improvements.  That commitment played a part in my purchase decision.  Was it just marketing-speak?  Over the course of this last year, all I've seen is heavy focus on their new speakers with no apparent effort to address real issues from existing customers (e.g... AIR). Contacting support yielded some very polite messages but absolutely no results nor insight.

When I bought the 200, I felt certain I would pick up a companion to make it a 400 within a year as finances became available.   Now I'm on the fence about that decision...

I want to believe in Devialet the company as much as I do their product, but they're not making it easy.  I'm hoping the next few months will turn that perception around.

Good luck with that. Any company that treats its customers with the arrogance shown by Devialet is already obsolete as far as I am concerned. I have learned a valuable and expensive lesson when it comes to being suckered-in by shiny cases and even more shiny marketing BS.

What equipment do you own?
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(20-Apr-2016, 17:22)rwjr44 Wrote:
(20-Apr-2016, 17:21)Zappydev Wrote:

What equipment do you own?

D400, bought with the express intention of using it with AIR for Hi Res music. Refer to posts by myself and others in the 'Streaming' topic if you want the whole sorry story.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Sell it and move on.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(20-Apr-2016, 18:37)Teliaved Wrote: Sell it and move on.

I would rather that the manufacturers took some ownership of their shortcomings.
(20-Apr-2016, 18:50)Zappydev Wrote:
(20-Apr-2016, 18:37)Teliaved Wrote: Sell it and move on.

I would rather that the manufacturers took some ownership of their shortcomings.

Send them support requests daily.  Post on twitter daily.  Post on their Facebook page daily.

Until there are repercussions to their public image they obviously won't do squat.

I've found that they simply won't reply to AIR inquiries submitted through the online support form.  Rather ignorant, IMO.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(20-Apr-2016, 18:56)Dr Tone Wrote: Send them support requests daily.  Post on twitter daily.  Post on their Facebook page daily.

Until there are repercussions to their public image they obviously won't do squat.

I've found that they simply won't reply to AIR inquiries submitted through the online support form.  Rather ignorant, IMO.

I've contacted them [again] about AIR in March.
funny: there seems to be one person on it.
Bet that's why it takes forever...

====================
Dear Sir, 

Thank you for your message. 
Our engineer is working on a futur update of AIR but we do not yet have a fixed date of release. 
We do take into consideration the feedbacks and advises of our users. 
But we also have to consider many constraints that we have also experienced on the last year. 

The update will come out as soon as possible and we will of course contact you then. 

Feel free to get back to us, 

Best regards, 

Océane 
Customer Care
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Just to bring it back on topic again :-)

I think Devialet are suffering because of the very high expectations they set. Their products are excellent overall, but still not quite as good as they claim.

On the issue of obsolescence, I think they are better placed than most companies, because of the upgrades. A published roadmap of new hardware/software upgrades wouldn't hurt, though.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB