Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2019 (The 2019 Devialet Almanac)
[Image: agree.gif]
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Hmm, when owners move on, ,they don’t send their Devialet’s to the dump, do they? No, albeit disappointed, they are well happy to trade them in and for sure there will be another potential owner happy to buy, so no reduction in ownership figures, just a redistribution. I don’t think Devialet has yet reached that stage where they might be regarded as untouchable by potential new owners or poison to be disposed of by current owners, but for sure, Devialet do need to smarten up their act if they want to avoid this sort of situation. As much as I believe this and suspect certain Devialet employees agree, I have to say I’m not holding my breath. In the meantime I’ll happily continue using my D250 Pro and hope things will change in the company soon. At least I know there is very little out there that sounds better which for me is a good reason to stick.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
I too hope things change with the company.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
The Expert line is not being abandoned, it's just a difficult segment. The way a majority of people "consume" music. Their support has been flawless on my end. What's missing?

onejobaudio in Southern California /
Expert 140 Pro
(06-Nov-2019, 22:25)onejobaudio Wrote: The Expert line is not being abandoned, it's just a difficult segment.  The way a majority of people "consume" music.  Their support has been flawless on my end.  What's missing?
Puh Smile) There are numerous pages filled with what is missing.
Since years!
(06-Nov-2019, 22:25)onejobaudio Wrote: The Expert line is not being abandoned, it's just a difficult segment.  The way a majority of people "consume" music.  Their support has been flawless on my end.  What's missing?

onejobaudio in Southern California /
Expert 140 Pro
I don't doubt that there are many happy Expert/Expert Pro owners that haven't had a single problem and are happy as can be with the exceptional sound quality and functionality.   I also don't think Devialet is abandoning this product.  I'm certain they are still marketing and selling them.

But, if you use Roon with it, if you've dealt with the challenges of using Devialet's AIR, if you've ever had issues that required logging tickets, if you have struggled with the online configurator issues, if you're wondering if they'll ever actually do something with the CI upgrade they gave away,  or if you simply want to read the Devialet Newsletter that has been promised for years but never delivered, then you might begin to understand some of the frustrations expressed in these forums.  

Yes, it is still an amazing piece of tech - one that I love dearly.   So maybe this is just an extraordinary opportunity for them to step up and exceed our expectations.  Hey, it could happen!   Or, they might just let another year go by with little to show.   Time will tell.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
HELLO HELLO DEVIALET . Are you out there In the univers or not , undtil now it is not.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
Or if you ever feared what would happen if the online configurator was no longer available.....
SXSW, US
Maybe we try to mail them all support expressing our concern and even raising the question if it’s worth waiting any longer or deciding for another vendor as there have been so many promises made over the years which were never kept, still no bug fixings of major problems with Roon (making it actually not Roon Ready), no firmware updates, app updates ... the list is long.
Guys,

Can you please have a look at the look at the title of this thread and consider whether this conversion going on now belongs here? Maybe start a new thread?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.