Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
(19-Nov-2014, 12:34)IanG-UK Wrote: Oh I looked at Facebook and just thought Devialet had invented a listening rug that you could move around depending on where you were sitting

Magic rug to go with the "magic wire" DAC?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Announcement tomorrow?
From Devialet's Facebook account -

"Look closely into this image.
Inside, you will find years of research, millions of hours of hard labour. And tomorrow, it will be the center of the next acoustics revolution."

And what looks like a close-up of a hundreds of chips on a wafer.
[Image: iTLjpF6.jpg]
Rufus that is the close up of the magic rug
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I wonder if they mean that this will somehow improve acoustics? or if they just mean sound as in the way acoustics is used in French??
(19-Nov-2014, 20:08)IanG-UK Wrote: Rufus that is the close up of the magic rug

Good lord - of course it is!
Chips don't glow red and green do they? No idea what this is supposed to be? Very odd, very intriguing, but I'm glad I've given up the LSD or this might have freaked me out!
I absolutely agree with Rufus, this seems to be a picture of a silicon wafer. Hoping for more useful information tomorow! Smile

@Confused, these are not chips, but the insides of the chips. When you light these with a bright multispectrum lamp or sunlight you'll get this rainbow effect like you also see on a CD.

Lot's more pretty silicon wafer pictures! Wink

https://www.google.nl/search?q=silicon+w...ce=univ&sa=

Even more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wafer_%28electronics%29
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Agreed, the picture does indeed look some of the other silicon wafer pics. Silicon wafer could mean new hardware (=parting with upgrade cash) or perhaps refer to new software running on said wafer (=free upgrade)

I'm sticking with the magic carpet theory until we get a proper announcement.
I just read that Devialet is organising a demo with 8 Devialet 200's in an active configuration with Bowers & Wilkins Nautillus in 'La maison Devialet' on saturday, nov. 22.

See: Devialet Blog&News (in French only on this subject).
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
I hope it's something that works with our existing products and not something brand new but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the portable solution they have been talking about for a while.