Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
Whatever... Communication has never been Devialets strong suit. As proven by this announcement today... or tomorrow... or next week..
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
On Twitter I read:

"Devialet annonce pour le 16/12 "une révolution qui transformera l'écoute de la musique avec un son à impact physique"
https://twitter.com/JFGuyot/status/53545...13/photo/1

How does this, especially the part "avec un son à impact physique" translate exactly?

Devialet announces on 16/12 "a revolution that will turn listening to music with a sound physical impact"

edit: the guy who posted this today is a journalist. (Journaliste AFP Célébrités, Culture, Cinéma, Théâtre, Art, Musique, Médias, Mode Ce compte n'engage pas l'AFP, un RT n'est pas forcément une approbation.)
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(20-Nov-2014, 21:23)Antoine Wrote: On Twitter I read:

"Devialet annonce pour le 16/12 "une révolution qui transformera l'écoute de la musique avec un son à impact physique"
https://twitter.com/JFGuyot/status/53545...13/photo/1

How does this, especially the part "avec un son à impact physique" translate exactly?

Devialet announces on 16/12 "a revolution that will turn listening to music with a sound physical impact"

edit: the guy who posted this today is a journalist. (Journaliste AFP Célébrités, Culture, Cinéma, Théâtre, Art, Musique, Médias, Mode Ce compte n'engage pas l'AFP, un RT n'est pas forcément une approbation.)

this man is form AFP so it looks quite interesting... not just a bullshit from a joker
(20-Nov-2014, 21:23)Antoine Wrote: How does this, especially the part "avec un son à impact physique" translate exactly?

In English that would mean: "with a sound having a fysical impact".

I recognise that when I go to a classical concert in the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam.
Sometimes when the basedrum is played very loud, or in fortissimo parts of a orchestra as a whole, you can experience a fysical effect in your body. At home the walls would be trembling (and my neighbours complaining, I guess) ChM
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Sounds subwoofer-ish.
Thanks Karel for the translation. I still don't know what to make of it though in regard to what's coming but we'll all see soon, I suppose. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
i think it is a new music server build in devialet
My prediction is that Devialet's teaser and Dyson's recent announcement of > £1bn investment are linked...

They have linked an array of Dyson's Hot & Cold Fans to the DSP engine of Devialet and the flow of air from the fans will vary depending on the volume of the music.

As part of a later (free) software upgrade, the temperature of the fans will also be controlled. By reading metadata stored with the recording the fans will blow, for example, frigid cold air while listening to Finlandia and sultry warm air while listening to Carmen.

Unfortunately under certain atmospheric conditions this means that an occurrence of the 'white noise' problem will result in a slight fall of snow in the listening room!
Chord Blu > D200 > Martin Logan Ethos : Saddleworth, England
I could use some snow fall in my listening room!
It's gone a bit quiet, this one?