Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Devialet's newest technology...?
Wonder what this means then:
USB Asynchronous output for Expert line

Source: http://www.tuxboard.com/devialet-phantom...nectiques/
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
I find the marketing texts are a bit over the top to be honest.. Big Grin

Quote:Meet PHANTOM – Implosive Sound Center by Devialet

Today
The best sound in the world
An intense emotional experience
A revolutionary engineering invention
Replaces docks, hi-fi, home-cinemas, speakers…
Experience-ready: plug And listen
Listen to music from your smartphone, tablet, computer using wi-fi.
Alone or in a multi-room
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
This link also gives some more info.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/techno...-note.html
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
More specs:

Presumably Dialog:
[Image: Devialet-Phantom-connectiques.png]

Phantom:
[Image: Devialet-Phantom-caracteristiques.png]

[Image: Devialet-Silver-Phantom-details-performance.png]

(16-Dec-2014, 18:00)pete86 Wrote: Wonder what this means then:
USB Asynchronous output for Expert line

Source: http://www.tuxboard.com/devialet-phantom...nectiques/

Indeed, what's this "expert line"? Perhaps it's only a poor translation from French but they also name it an output. Huh

edit: Oh wait, I think the specs in the first picture are the specs of the Dialog and it's USB output is to be used on our current Devialets, perhaps they will rename these to the 'expert line' later.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Any pictures of the connections for Phantom or Dialog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
Could that spec sheet be for the Dialog perhaps?

Edit: I think it is. The next spec sheet lists connectivity again (with no USB). So it's the Dialog that has the quad-core 1.2ghz processor, 1gb of ram, and USB output. Whereas the Phantom has an 800mhz dual-core ARM processor and 512MB of ram.

Expert line must mean the current line of amps. This matches what they said in the email regarding using the Dialog as a source for current amps via USB.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
(16-Dec-2014, 18:03)Antoine Wrote: Indeed, what's this "expert line"? Perhaps it's only a poor translation from French but they also name it an output. Huh

Suggests to me that you can stream audio from the Phantom to (e.g.) an amplifier with a USB input. Like an existing Devialet, perhaps?

(16-Dec-2014, 18:08)pete86 Wrote: Could that spec sheet be for the Dialog perhaps?

Yes, I think you're right - the processor/memory specs are higher than shown for both the Phantom speaker units.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Yes, I agree and edited my post before I saw Pete86's and your post. I indeed think those are the specs of the Dialog box. Perhaps they will rename/position our current Devialets in a new 'Expert line'.

The Netherlands
(16-Dec-2014, 18:12)Antoine Wrote: Perhaps they will rename/position our current Devialets in a new 'Expert line'.

Well we are all 'experts' are we not?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
They've had quite a bit of time to prepare all of this information. As much as Quentin Sannie is a perfectionist to industrial and engineering design his standards for information design, quality and dissemination are not equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50