Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Entreq grounding boxes
(10-Jan-2015, 19:35)mauidan Wrote: Any D400 owners using the Entreq grounding boxes?

If so, what inputs are you connecting to?

I use Phono 2 R on both Master and Companion.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Finally had a chance to try a S.Tellus and Apollo cables.

In my system, the effects are very subtle at best.
I'm keen to hear from any Entreq users that have had a chance to test the new Olympus box... how does it compare to the Silver Minimus and Silver Tellus?

I'm told a larger version of the Olympus (48kgs?!) with 6 ground posts is currently going into production, with a dedicated ground post for mains distributions blocks/filters. Details are still a little sketchy but I hope to learn more soon.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi, it seems like entreq ground box would contribute to the sound quality. I am interested to adding entreq box to my system. Would anyone be kind enough to share how it is connected to devialet. Also, for a D120, would it make a lot of difference between a minimus and a silver minimus?
(12-Feb-2015, 05:27)warpeon Wrote: Hi, it seems like entreq ground box would contribute to the sound quality.  I am interested to adding entreq box to my system. Would anyone be kind enough to share how it is connected to devialet. Also, for a D120, would it make a lot of difference between a minimus and a silver minimus?

You need one ground cable (one of their 'Eartha' cables) to connect ground box to Devialet. You need an Eartha cable that would plug into a free sock - RCA, XLR,USB whatever is free.  The cable makes a big difference unfortunately, but you really need to try different ones to figure which works best. Expensive isn't always better.

You will also probably be disappointed with a Minimus or Silver Minimus on a Devialet unfortunately as it doesn't really make much of an improvement.  I found I had to use a Tellus to really hear an improvement. I went for a Silver Tellus in the end but in hindsight the ordinary Tellus probably would've been good enough for my one Devialet D200.
The US Distributor just posted this on WBF:

"Just received a new price sheet from Entreq. It includes the Olympus Tellus. The description: 6 silver connections, 1 copper dedicated for connection for wall socket ground. Price US retail(today's conversion rate): $7,775.73."
(12-Feb-2015, 05:27)warpeon Wrote: Hi, it seems like entreq ground box would contribute to the sound quality. I am interested to adding entreq box to my system. Would anyone be kind enough to share how it is connected to devialet. Also, for a D120, would it make a lot of difference between a minimus and a silver minimus?

Entreq will advice you the Silver Minimus... I asked them last year. They told me that for one or 2 devices the Minimus is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
I can only go on my personal experience and I found that a Tellus was significantly better than a Silver Minimus and for not much greater outlay. I could only perceive a slight improvement with a S Minimus but a much greater one with a Tellus on my D200 & at that time a Moon MiND 180. The only problem is the Tellus boxes are so darn big and take a lot of my shelf space!
(12-Feb-2015, 18:05)pid=\9620 Wrote:"Just received a new price sheet from Entreq. It includes the Olympus Tellus. The description: 6 silver connections, 1 copper dedicated for connection for wall socket ground. Price US retail(today's conversion rate): $7,775.73."

No way! That's hilarious - talk about laughing all the way to the bank  Tongue
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Hmmm... I spent some time to re-read many of the tweaking posts. I am more impressed by Devialet. Seems like there are limited improvement you can do to a Devialet. The biggest bang for buck is from better power cable and speaker cables. Entreq and isolation platforms have limited impact. The network, however, is the weakest link, if not the computer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk