Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Entreq grounding boxes
Hi folks - I have one of these (a Tellus and some Apollo cables) on test right now and it's doing good things with my Devialet - lower noise floor in particular, just everything more focused, more detail, sounding more 'right'. Anyone else using Entreq grounding boxes?
(01-Jun-2014, 17:44)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Hi folks - I have one of these (a Tellus and some Apollo cables) on test right now and it's doing good things with my Devialet - lower noise floor in particular, just everything more focused, more detail, sounding more 'right'. Anyone else using Entreq grounding boxes?

I'm using a Silver Tellus Ground box with Eartha Apollo cables connecting it to my two Devialets and the Moon MiND 180.

I agree everything just sounds so much better. I'll do a proper write up when I get a chance.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hello both,

How do you plug it into devialet? Using ground socket for turntable?
In theory any connector should do. I'm using one of the RCA ones. The line and phono pairs on the Devialet are more configurable than others so probably have more circuitry attached which may make things more complicated, but I've not heard any sound quality differences depending which RCA connector the ground cable is attached to.
(01-Jun-2014, 19:42)Rufus McDufus Wrote: In theory any connector should do. I'm using one of the RCA ones. The line and phono pairs on the Devialet are more configurable than others so probably have more circuitry attached which may make things more complicated, but I've not heard any sound quality differences depending which RCA connector the ground cable is attached to.

Cheers.

Do you get more improvements, the more rca connectors are grounded or do you get max benefit with just the one?
Good question. Last time the dealer was down here I ended up with a surplus of RCA connectors and he left two connected to the Devialet. I couldn't personally hear an improvement, but I do have ears of cloth.
I do find it bizarre though that the cables make such a big difference. I'm guessing they are only carrying tiny currents and not with a signal on them. I just assumed any old cable would do, but no, you do annoyingly get more improvements with the more expensive cables.
Trying to keep an open mind about this…can anyone outline what the Entreq kit is doing in objective, technical terms? I don't see much by way of explanation on their web site. Thanks.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Jun-2014, 21:47)thumb5 Wrote: Trying to keep an open mind about this…can anyone outline what the Entreq kit is doing in objective, technical terms? I don't see much by way of explanation on their web site. Thanks.

At a very basic level it's my understanding that you are providing an additional path to earth to your electronics, but rather than work via the mains/power supply or chassis you are connecting directly to the signal plane. This has the effect of draining any noise and interference from your system.

Of course it's highly controversial, however to my ears the effects are far from subtle. Of all the tweaks i've carried out I'd say that this is probably one of the most substantial in terms of effects.

The best I can say is give it a go and decide for yourself.

I'll try and do a more detailed report with pictures etc when I get a chance but I also don't want to be seen as "pushing" Entreq. I'd rather people just tried it for themselves if that makes sense. Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Having seen the very substantial effect of the Entreq device at home, I took it to a couple of friends houses.

One has a very high end carefully tuned system (with Sonus Faber "The Sonus Faber" speakers, TAD mono amps, TAD pre, dcs Vivaldi! etc.).

Within minutes of connecting the Silver Tellus to the Pre and to Vivaldi DAC, he placed an order Smile

And another friend with a dedicated isolated grounding directly connected to the long rods he burried into his garden (perfect ground?) is now also on board...

A personal tryout is highly recommended if you have a chance... I will try the top cables and the add on box (Atlantis) and will report back as soon as my dealer has them in stock, hopefully within a couple of weeks.

And no, I do not have any commercial ties to these guys Smile
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Thanks Guillaume and Kunter, interesting stuff. I'll look forward to hearing more.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK