Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(05-May-2016, 18:02)hamster28 Wrote:
(05-May-2016, 17:49)Dr Tone Wrote:
(05-May-2016, 17:42)hamster28 Wrote: As long as i`m playing 44/16 files and set the iTunes volume slider to 100%, there is no loss with DirectSound. Even the windows mixer slider setting  doesn`t matter in this case, because the Devialet driver maps the volume slider directly to the voume setting of the Devialet itself and is therefor lossless. So as long as the Devialet driver sampling rate setting matches the iTunes output setting and the audio file itself, even DirectSound will provide a bit perfect solution.

Ok more specifically, downsampling to 16/44 isn't a solution that the rest of us will accept.

Oh, yes that is the down side of this scenario, if i would like to play a file with a higher resolution, lets say 96/24 i would have first to change the driver setting and the iTunes playback setting also to 96/24 to have a bit perfect transmission. Another option would be, to let the setting this high, but in this case all lower resolution files would be upsampled by iTunes and this is maybe not as good as if the Devialet itself does the upsampling.

The rest of us are tired of testing this crap.  Please test WASAPI disable and AIR driver set to 24/192 and see how that works out for you.

Unfortunately this would require software decoding of DSD prior but we would all be interested in your results, as it could be years before Devialet releases a fix.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Nothing mentioned lately about the "white noise" issue. Did Devialet eventually get to the bottom of the problem?
I used to experience white noise after about an hour but I've had no issues since I've gone over to fibre internet and a new modem. Has that fixed it or did Devialet fix it without saying anything?
(03-Sep-2017, 02:29)Davyboy Wrote: Nothing mentioned lately about the "white noise" issue. Did Devialet eventually get to the bottom of the problem?
I used to experience white noise after about an hour but I've had no issues since I've gone over to fibre internet and a new modem. Has that fixed it or did Devialet fix it without saying anything?

Hello, 
many things have changed : Windows 10, Air3.04,  Roon with Air. I did not notice any white noise problem or dropout problem with buffer size =5000 ms using Roon. But there are problems with Devialet Air and some Windows 10 installations (I have one...) : blue screen and Windows 10 stops working!
  Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
Got white noise 3 times over the past few weeks. All three times in Foobar at the start of a track.
Haven't had any white noise since the release of 3.0.1 beta.
Only changes made to my system that has to do something with playback devices was a display driver update a while ago.
Deinstalled 3.0.4 and installed 3.0.1 beta again to see if that helps. Also did the Win10 fall update this week.
Didn't report it to Devialet. Gave up on them fixing anything a LONG time ago...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)