Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiences of a new Expert Pro owner
Devialet configurator is setting boost/cut frequency, and not turnover frequency.
"1.5 and 4kHz" are usual values for turnover frequency.

Here is a sample from Yamaha amplifier:

(27-Jan-2021, 18:11)Daz Wrote: Ok, this is very strange (and a little embarrassing).  I've tried setting to the default 100hz and 2khz levels and the sound is fine.  Definitely not what I was hearing on day one.  The only explanation I can think of is that the unit I have is an ex-display one so perhaps the settings and tone controls had been 'played with' in the shop with the result that out of the box it did not sound right.

Still can't hear much of an effect with SAM but I'll continue to play with that.

Once again, thanks for all the help.  It all makes a lot more sense now and I can go back to enjoying the music!

I bought an ex-display Le 250 in 2016 and the dealer immediately sent it for upgrade to 250 Pro and then in 2017 to CI when CI was released. It has been nothing but good news, the same dealer has facilitated new speakers and power conditioning, my wife enjoys her Reactor 900 and today the dealer delivered a Reactor 600 for the kitchen and some Gemini headphones. 

Initially I was wary of the configurator, so the dealer did it and emailed the file over to me. After. short while I was doing it myself, but have never in 5 years touched the tone controls.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(27-Jan-2021, 20:45)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Devialet configurator is setting boost/cut frequency, and not turnover frequency.
"1.5 and 4kHz" are usual values for turnover frequency.

Here is a sample from Yamaha amplifier:

In the configurator you can access the Devialet help notes by hovering over the various fields that can be filled in or adjusted.

Per the snip below, Devialet describe the frequency setting as the "cut off frequency".  Cut off frequency is just different terminology for turnover frequency.  

Furthermore, I have tried taking REW measurements with a degree of tone control applied, this indicates something like a shelf filter, commencing at the frequency set in the configurator.

This thread serves as a reminder to me of something @thumb5 posted last year.  That is, we really need a decent manual from Devialet.  This thread is yet another example as to why this is so true.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Messages...4#pid97234
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12