Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Expert Pro - Remote control battery issue
Did you ever check the evolution in time of remote control batteries voltage level? Or did you ever check batteries voltage when remote stops working normally?

I found the same issues on two different Expert Pro remote controller:
1. I tested the remote control without one of the batteries, by rotation. I was surprised to find that the remote is working normally without the bottom battery! But it does not work without the top or mid battery.
2. Power/voltage consumption of top and mid batteries is ~20 times bigger than consumption of bottom battery. When remote stops working normally, the top and mid batteries are empty, and the bottom battery is full (apparently not used).

Practically, both of the remotes that I have seems to use only 2 of the 3 batteries. Of course, the remote has a very short battery life (~1.5 months).

Did anyone encountered this issue?...
(27-Dec-2018, 13:09)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Did you ever check the evolution in time of remote control batteries voltage level? Or did you ever check batteries voltage when remote stops working normally?

1. I tested the remote control without one of the batteries, by rotation. I was surprised to find that the remote is working normally without the bottom battery! But it does not work without the top or mid battery.
2. Power/voltage consumption of top and mid batteries is ~20 times bigger than consumption of bottom battery. When remote stops working normally, the top and mid batteries are empty, and the bottom battery is full (apparently not used).

Practically, both of the remotes that I have seems to use only 2 of the 3 batteries. Of course, the remote has a very short battery life (~1.5 months).

Hello, I can not confirm! I change the batteries once a year (Expert is in daily use). But I use high quality batteries (Duracell / Ultra Power Alkaline).
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(27-Dec-2018, 14:26)K4680 Wrote:
(27-Dec-2018, 13:09)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Did you ever check the evolution in time of remote control batteries voltage level? Or did you ever check batteries voltage when remote stops working normally?

Hello, I can not confirm! I change the batteries once a year (Expert is in daily use). But I use high quality batteries (Duracell / Ultra Power Alkaline).

Did you measure the battery voltage after a few weeks/months of usage?
(27-Dec-2018, 15:24)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(27-Dec-2018, 14:26)K4680 Wrote:

Did you measure the battery voltage after a few weeks/months of usage?

The batteries have been in operation for 10 months! Will the batteries measure. Result I post then!!

Hello, the batteries just measured:
Batt-1 = 1,04 volts
Batt-2 = 1,03 volts
Batt-3 = 1.04 volts
I think that their remote controls are broken!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
You may have a fault I had with my 220 controller. I found it discharged the batteries within a few weeks regardless of use. Devialet told me they had not come across this fault before but they requested a return of the remote and sent me a posting label. They returned it to me within a week and all worked fine thereafter. Your remote battery life should last a very long time. If it doesn’t, get your remote attended to. Talk to Devialet about it. Measuring voltage of AA battery cells is totally unreliable and inconsistent.

Simply, if your remote does not work as expected, contact them and get it repaired.
(28-Dec-2018, 09:34)alaw Wrote: What kind of range can be expected? Do fresh batteries generally work further? My remote works on the coffee table, but not on the sofa, a ~1.5m difference. I changed the batteries, same.

My remote works at ~8m. I cannot check a longer distance.
(28-Dec-2018, 09:34)alaw Wrote: What kind of range can be expected? Do fresh batteries generally work further? My remote works on the coffee table, but not on the sofa, a ~1.5m difference. I changed the batteries, same.

I had a similar issue when i had my D120 upgraded to a 220 Pro. The range of the remote was very poor compared to the original - even with brand new batteries and had a few other funnies with the volume going up and down on its own. After the whole lot went back to France for the CI board, the remote was as good as the when i first had it. Might be worth contacting Devialet to get it checked out.

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
The Remote of my 440-Pro is consuming excessive battery power with a fresh set of AAA x 3 Duracells lasting barely 6 weeks (1-2 months). I opened a ticket with Customer Service which I believe is now located in Australia and also spoke to the Devialet USA guys at their Greene Street, Manhattan, New York Store but they said they can't replace the Remote with another one as all Expert / Expert accessories are handled only in Paris so Devialet might send me a shipping label for me to ship out the Remote to Paris.

1. Any inputs as to how long does this turnaround process take ?

2. How does one use the 440-Pro without the Remote (whilst it is away) if at all it's possible ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
If you're just wanting to control power-on, source, and volume, it can be done via the remote app (at least on my iphone/ipad).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I have a D200 that I purchased as a D170 when they first came out.
I think that was around 6 years ago maybe a little longer.
I use it a minimum of 5 days a week.
My family use it as well.
Remote recently started being slow to respond to changes in volume.
The batteries in the remote were the original ones - never replaced.
I have been expecting that replacement will be immanent for several years and now that day has finally come. 
Those original batteries were Duracell Plus Power batteries - made in Belgium - with an expiry date of March 2019.

Some new batteries restored responsiveness.
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX