Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Expert Pro - Remote control battery issue
Wow, I didn't realize the remote batteries in the D200/D220 last that long! Months to years even? These are using the smaller sized remote control.

I have the larger remote for the D250/D1000. It uses 2xAAA batteries, and I'm using Eneloop rechargeable batteries. I don't remember exactly, but they last around 2-3 months or so before needing to be recharged. When the battery gets low the first symptom is that it doesn't change the volume well. Then I'll swap in a newly charged pair of batteries and it'll work fine again.

Just curious - to other D250/D1000 users with the larger remote - what battery life are you getting?
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
As far as I know, rechargeable batteries last less than normal batteries. In any case, the lifespan of 2-3 months for the batteries of a remote control is far too short...
Resurrecting an old thread. The battery drain issue on my 1000 Pro remote got worse, to the point that the batteries would last only 1 week before needed replacing.

I contacted Devialet support, and was quoted a reasonable sum for the repair, which included shipping between Singapore and France.

The remote control came back a few weeks later. They had changed the electronics, and this fixed the problem.
Another thing is that the volume knob is now extremely smooth - I can even make it spin!
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
(16-Jan-2024, 12:56)hardcore Wrote: Resurrecting an old thread. The battery drain issue on my 1000 Pro remote got worse, to the point that the batteries would last only 1 week before needed replacing.

I contacted Devialet support, and was quoted a reasonable sum for the repair, which included shipping between Singapore and France.

The remote control came back a few weeks later. They had changed the electronics, and this fixed the problem.
Another thing is that the volume knob is now extremely smooth - I can even make it spin!

My 440-Pro remote had already visited France once (in 2020) due to excessive battery drain issue. Now, its doing a set of Duracell for 1 month. So, I guess, I am slowly getting there (1-2 weeks of battery life) and looks like its gonna visit France once again.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US