Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro update email
I have been very patient so far but not only are Devialet late with their software they have yet to deliver their email to myself.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(26-Oct-2018, 03:38)agentsmith Wrote: What I found surprising is that Roon over RAAT is not necessarily more reliable than Roon over Devialet Air.  In fact, Roon over the dCS tends to disappear randomly from track to track, often requiring a reboot of the dCS to work again.

You’ll welcome the recent firmware update then.  Smile

This is primarily a maintenance release and includes a number of bugfixes and stability enhancements in all areas of the software. This release should significantly improve performance and stability when using Roon.
(26-Oct-2018, 22:44)alandbush Wrote:
(26-Oct-2018, 03:38)agentsmith Wrote: What I found surprising is that Roon over RAAT is not necessarily more reliable than Roon over Devialet Air.  In fact, Roon over the dCS tends to disappear randomly from track to track, often requiring a reboot of the dCS to work again.

You’ll welcome the recent firmware update then.  Smile

This is primarily a maintenance release and includes a number of bugfixes and stability enhancements in all areas of the software. This release should significantly improve performance and stability when using Roon.

If there is a recent firmware update which does that.

I notice from agentsmith's signature details that he has an Expert Pro and I notice from yours that you have Phantoms. I think you're taking about a Phantom update and there is no update for the Expert Pro line which comes with a description like the one you quoted. In fact I've had no performance or stability problems with Roon and my 140 Pro.

agentsmith: Is this a Roon problem, RAAT related or not, or is it something else? The fact that rebooting the dCS can solve the problem doesn't sound like it's a Roon problem to me. If there's something going wrong at the Roon end then rebooting the dCS isn't going to fix the problem because all it does is reset the dCS, it changes nothing at the Roon end of the chain. I'm not saying it can't be Roon but I am saying you should check things at the dCS end also. Certainly check your Roon device settings for the dCS but also check any setting options you have elsewhere which could affect the network connection and/or the dCS' operation. Rebooting a device can fix problems associated with that device but it usually has no effect on problems occurring elsewhere.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
No, his post refers to a dcs network firmware update which has just been released.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/dcs-net...ment/51942

Oh, if only Devialet engineers worked and informed us like this.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(27-Oct-2018, 09:35)Hifi_swlon Wrote: No, his post refers to a dcs network firmware update which has just been released.

Thanks @Hifi_swlon for clarifying what should have been made clear in my poorly worded post and apologies to @David A for the confusion. Especially if it raised false hope of a Devialet firmware update.
(27-Oct-2018, 11:22)alandbush Wrote:
(27-Oct-2018, 09:35)Hifi_swlon Wrote: No, his post refers to a dcs network firmware update which has just been released.

Thanks @Hifi_swlon for clarifying what should have been made clear in my poorly worded post and apologies to @David A for the confusion.  Especially if it raised false hope of a Devialet firmware update.

Sorry I got confused. I will admit that I did check if there had been another update for the Experts and there wasn't, but I wasn't really expecting to see one before we see the update that makes them Roon Ready so you didn't raise any false hopes, just a false fear that I may have been careless enough to miss an update
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia