Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro update email
(17-Oct-2018, 20:24)Hifi_swlon Wrote: From Roon forum. Seems we don’t need french translators.

Well @danny as @Hifi_swlon stated, there is already an official info of Devialet saying certification starts this week. So this is your turn, Right?

Danny Dulai

Only if that statement is accurate, which it is not.

…or maybe they mean their end of the work started.

Anyway, you’ll hear from me on this subject next, when it is released.

Ooohhh, naughty Devialet!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(17-Oct-2018, 17:23)Confused Wrote: Also, we were told that the Expert would see no further development, no firmware updates and so on. However, I presume the (Pre-Pro CI) Expert will benefit from the new remote app? If the new app is any good, this could prove to be an very nice update for all. (eventually) Or maybe the new remote will be CI Pro only? I don't think this is clear?

They were pretty clear actually. The new software is written for one platform - that of the Phantom(s) and Core Infinity. This was their primary motivation for developing CI - so they only have one code base to develop for, and Quentin was pretty clear on the factory tour video. So I’m 99% certain non ‘pro’ experts wont get updates.

That said, from the minimal I’ve seen so far, doesn’t look like they’re missing much.... other than the fact the remote volume might work with future iOS updates and on an iPad. To my eye the volume knob looks more Naim, Sony or Panasonic than Devialet.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Oct-2018, 19:59)Confused Wrote:
(17-Oct-2018, 18:56)Womaz Wrote: Omg does this mean Devialet are delivering the one box solution that I was misled about 4 years ago when I got my 200. Excellent news .......oh hold on I didn’t pay 3k for the upgrade ......so sod me :-)

Just to add I love my Devialet , they stitched me up but I forgive them :-)

Hey Womaz, I seem to recall that you found your rig sounded best running USB.  You’re one of the lucky ones, you can ignore this RAAT nonsense and enjoy the tunes! Shy

That’s exactly what I am doing . Roon on a new lap top attached by USB to the 200. No stability issues, it just damn well works, but I felt the need to post on here as it’s been a while :-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(17-Oct-2018, 21:06)Womaz Wrote:
(17-Oct-2018, 19:59)Confused Wrote:
(17-Oct-2018, 18:56)Womaz Wrote: Omg does this mean Devialet are delivering the one box solution that I was misled about 4 years ago when I got my 200. Excellent news .......oh hold on I didn’t pay 3k for the upgrade ......so sod me :-)

Just to add I love my Devialet , they stitched me up but I forgive them :-)

Hey Womaz, I seem to recall that you found your rig sounded best running USB.  You’re one of the lucky ones, you can ignore this RAAT nonsense and enjoy the tunes! Shy

That’s exactly what I am doing . Roon on a new lap top attached by USB to the 200. No stability issues, it just damn well works, but I felt the need to post on here as it’s been a while :-)

Good to see you Womaz. Well, I guess you got a double whammy as Melco kind of dropped the RoonReady ball too. FWIW those of us that paid for the upgrade are still waiting for pretty much everything else that was promised beyond the hardware itself.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Oct-2018, 21:08)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(17-Oct-2018, 21:06)Womaz Wrote:
(17-Oct-2018, 19:59)Confused Wrote: Hey Womaz, I seem to recall that you found your rig sounded best running USB.  You’re one of the lucky ones, you can ignore this RAAT nonsense and enjoy the tunes! Shy

Good to see you Womaz. Well, I guess you got a double whammy as Melco kind of dropped the RoonReady ball too. FWIW those of us that paid for the upgrade are still waiting for pretty much everything else that was promised beyond the hardware itself.

Yes I heard about the Melco and roon, but no firm dates so I am not building my hopes up yet. Roon is a dream for me. I am assuming the pro upgrade also gave a significant sound upgrade too though . To be honest I have not really been tempted as I am content with the current set up
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Significant is obviously quite a subjective term, and the upgrade cost was quite significant too (for me anyway these days). So if you’re content, don’t even give it a second thought, not in SQ terms anyway.

At the rate they go there will be an Expert Pro Plus before long.

That was me on Roon forum asking Danny Smile
So no matter how to feel about that sentence in that email - Devialet is preparing the certification process and it should be live as mentioned in December.
(17-Oct-2018, 22:49)markush Wrote: That was me on Roon forum asking Danny Smile
So no matter how to feel about that sentence in that email - Devialet is preparing the certification process and it should be live as mentioned in December.

Noted and updated. Big Grin

Let’s see. Decembers not far away. Plenty of brands have taken ages to certify, and who knows how organised and receptive to feedback all their developers are. But of course we know Devialet excel at such things.

(17-Oct-2018, 21:00)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(17-Oct-2018, 17:23)Confused Wrote: Also, we were told that the Expert would see no further development, no firmware updates and so on.  However, I presume the (Pre-Pro CI) Expert will benefit from the new remote app?  If the new app is any good, this could prove to be an very nice update for all.  (eventually)  Or maybe the new remote will be CI Pro only?  I don't think this is clear?

They were pretty clear actually. The new software is written for one platform - that of the Phantom(s) and Core Infinity. This was their primary motivation for developing CI - so they only have one code base to develop for, and Quentin was pretty clear on the factory tour video. So I’m 99% certain non ‘pro’ experts wont get updates.

That said, from the minimal I’ve seen so far, doesn’t look like they’re missing much.... other than the fact the remote volume might work with future iOS updates and on an iPad. To my eye the volume knob looks more Naim, Sony or Panasonic than Devialet.....
Yes, reading the email again I have to agree you are right.  A shame though, it would be nice for a little something to come along for the original Expert range.  Not that it matters too much though, I still have fond memories of my old D240/250/800.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
It was always clear that Core was the plattform for a new one app. That's what the customers paid for. It would be exaggerated from this to make allegations on the part of the non Core-Expert owners.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana