Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro update email
I used my 250 Pro via usb with an Aries Mini and it was always faultless and sounded great. I understand they do as well at Dev HQ.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(18-Oct-2018, 18:02)midi Wrote: It was always clear that Core was the plattform for a new one app. That's what the customers paid for. It would be exaggerated from this to make allegations on the part of the non Core-Expert owners.

Not really. The previous models were sold with a promise of constant evolution and no obsolescence.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I just wish to add that my post was a bit of banter really. Devialet definitely overpromised and under delivered with the original 200. In my opinion I was misled and I would have took it further, but the truth is it still sounds sublime to me. I dont mess about with firmware etc...i have no idea which one I am even using. Once I get a system I am content with I tend to stick to it for years. For those of you who know my early days with Devialet I had a few issues. A lot of time was spent getting the right speakers to compliment the D200 and then i had to do a bit of work on getting my room right.
I still love the D200 , infact it is without a doubt the best Hifi upgrade I ever made.
So all in all a happy D200 user. I doubt I will ever upgrade to the Pro simply because I do not really see a need to.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(19-Oct-2018, 07:13)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(18-Oct-2018, 18:02)midi Wrote: It was always clear that Core was the plattform for a new one app. That's what the customers paid for. It would be exaggerated from this to make allegations on the part of the non Core-Expert owners.

Not really. The previous models were sold with a promise of constant evolution and no obsolescence.

Absolutely correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct. 
Only a naive believed in the “no obsolescence” of crappy D’s marketing. 
Warranty is 5 years, that should imply 5 years of “constant evolution”. If the period is different, then D should state it clearly on their page / marketing materials. Otherwise it is false marketing, which is outlawed in UK (if I got it right).
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(19-Oct-2018, 13:40)Fragoulisnaval Wrote:

Absolutely correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not correct. The evolution was a further improved OS and the possibility to upgrade the old Experts with the Core. The statements of Devialet are meanwhile simply completely inadmissibly over-interpreted. But the time delays are certainly unacceptable.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
If you by an Apple computer you get the promise of a constant evolution of the OS, but you will never get the evolution of the hardware, as Devialet has delivered it with the Core. Apple delivers for a few years the evolution of the OS, but from a certain time the software support ends. That is completely normal and nobody is allowed to expect anything else or is naive. But the emotionality here seems to darken the view a bit. And at the moment it isn´t even clear, wether the non Pros really get no update in the future...
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(19-Oct-2018, 20:28)midi Wrote: If you by an Apple computer you get the promise of a constant evolution of the OS, but you will never get the evolution of the hardware, as Devialet has delivered it with the Core. Apple delivers for a few years the evolution of the OS, but from a certain time the software support ends. That is completely normal and nobody is allowed to expect anything else or is naive. But the emotionality here seems to darken the view a bit. And at the moment it isn´t even clear, wether the non Pros really get no update in the future...

Sorry but you’re completely wrong in both your posts.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

From Roon forum

Danny Dulai
Roon Labs: COO
11h
“ Markus_Hubner: What is the usual process when someone enters certification process?”

First gear needs to be sent in. Then we test the integration. This always fails. Then we iterate. Iteration can take a couple of weeks to a year+. Very few just get it right. Most take longer (which is why we even have the certification process).

During that time marketing assets are introduced.

Then we release.

Danny Dulai
Roon Labs: COO
2h
UPDATE

We have indeed just received a request for certification from Devialet and are now going through the specifics with them.

As stated before, this might go fast, it might go slow. Be patient … it will be great once it comes!

(19-Oct-2018, 21:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(19-Oct-2018, 20:28)midi Wrote: If you by an Apple computer you get the promise of a constant evolution of the OS, but you will never get the evolution of the hardware, as Devialet has delivered it with the Core. Apple delivers for a few years the evolution of the OS, but from a certain time the software support ends. That is completely normal and nobody is allowed to expect anything else or is naive. But the emotionality here seems to darken the view a bit. And at the moment it isn´t even clear, wether the non Pros really get no update in the future...

Sorry but you’re completely wrong in both your posts.

Disagree...there is way too much whinging and whining about this company.  There are very few audio companies that have made the effort to offer an upgrade path to owners that has been offered here.  An owner of the original DEVIALET can, over time, end up owning the most current version.  If anyone chooses not to upgrade to the Core board but still assumes they have the right to complain about this tells me they may misunderstand quite a few things generally.
Midi is, imho, correct that these upgrades address new hardware and make demands that older machines may not be able to produce so that is the bargain.
Seriously, this company, with all its attendant failings exceeds the norm for providing a customer the opportunity to upgrade their unit and keep it marketable to date.