Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.10
(17-Apr-2018, 11:32)BrianT Wrote:
(05-Apr-2018, 22:47)Greg\ Wrote: I suspect I may have a duff Devialet phonostage, but how do you check it? Ocean told me it would be checked out at Core infinity upgrade. After upgrade there is no change. I’m a bit pissed off to be honest.

Greg

You could configure the companion as your phono stage input and see if there is any difference.

Both the Master and the Companion have a phono stage installed, I am using the phono stage in my Companion
at the moment as my Master is in France getting the SD card socket repaired.

I personally think the Phono stage is very quiet.

Brian

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately I have 220 Pro, so no companion. The phonostage does seem to be a mixed bag. Some praise its sound quality and quietness whilst others like me find it noisy (hiss), reverting to SUT’s which I prefer not to use passively. My solution has been a Ray Samuels Audio F-117 The Nighthawk phonostage fed into line level. I’m very happy with this and it is absolutely silent in operation (apart from the music of course Wink). I shouldn’t have to do it though. I have a friend with a similar system. We both use MC cartridges of similar output. His speakers are less sensitive and a more difficult load to mine. Mine hisses whilst his are almost silent Angry

Sorry, I’ve dragged this off topic.
This is about Ethernet vs WiFi concurrently or either/or.

The WiFi connection and the Ethernet connection on the Devialet will (most likely) not work simultaneously. There is no reason for that, since the load will not be shared among both connection types. My guess is that if the Devialet sees an Ethernet connection then it will use that because it is a lot faster than WiFi.

If someone thinks that the D-app on an iPad connects to the Devialet over WiFi directly, bypassing the WiFi access point, then that is wrong. The iPad communicates over WiFi with the WiFi access point/router and if the Devialet is wired over Ethernet with this WiFi router then the communication to the Devialet goes via Ethernet.

In my case, the WiFi connection is really bad, but then again I have the WiFi access point not 30cm away from the Devialet, but 2 floors away. It seems even the D-app can't communicate over WiFi. I need Ethernet and then everything (AIR, UPNP and AirPlay) works just fine.
Devialet 250, PS Audio Transport - PS Audio P5 - Aurender N100H- Thorens TD160MkII - Restek MTUN+, Eternal Arts TTP, TAD ME1
(18-Apr-2018, 14:52)PeterS Wrote: This is about Ethernet vs WiFi concurrently or either/or.

The WiFi connection and the Ethernet connection on the Devialet will (most likely) not work simultaneously. There is no reason for that, since the load will not be shared among both connection types. My guess is that if the Devialet sees an Ethernet connection then it will use that because it is a lot faster than WiFi.

If someone thinks that the D-app on an iPad connects to the Devialet over WiFi directly, bypassing the WiFi access point, then that is wrong. The iPad communicates over WiFi with the WiFi access point/router and if the Devialet is wired over Ethernet with this WiFi router then the communication to the Devialet goes via Ethernet.

In my case, the WiFi connection is really bad, but then again I have the WiFi access point not 30cm away from the Devialet, but 2 floors away. It seems even the D-app can't communicate over WiFi. I need Ethernet and then everything (AIR, UPNP and AirPlay) works just fine.

Hi PeterS, I have a friend set up a powerline connection for a Devialet. Runs for a few months, no disturbances, he is fully satisfied. As devices I used Devolo dLAN 1200+ Starter Kit Powerline. It works Tidal via UPnP without any problems. Should be worth a try! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(23-Mar-2018, 21:35)Womaz Wrote: @Pim yes my gut feeling is they won’t update firmware either. Thanks for reply
Very annoying.  I had saved up for the Pro upgrade (I had just bought a 250 Companion when the upgrade programme was operational so wasn’t able to have the upgrade before it was stopped) and was promised the upgrade programme would start again Autumn 2017.  Didn’t happen and recent correspondence with Devialet  suggests they haven’t a clue when it will happen (nor the cost)).  My cash went instead on a dCS Network Bridge between Melco and 800 - simply magical - saving up doe Rossini Word Clock now and will stick to 800.
Update from Roon here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-devialet/40582/17
So it‘s up to Devialet
Devialet released DOS 2.2 RC3 with a major regression on March 23rd.

It’s been 5 weeks.

Any insider info about the next update?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Cannot say more - but it‘s very close finally
@markush Thanks for the update, looking forward to it.
(29-Apr-2018, 18:15)markush Wrote: Cannot say more - but it‘s very close finally

Any idea if we are any nearer to getting the integration of Qobuz that’s on the road map, or is it still way over the horizon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(30-Apr-2018, 19:51)disarmamant Wrote:
(29-Apr-2018, 18:15)markush Wrote: Cannot say more - but it‘s very close finally

Any idea if we are any nearer to getting the integration of Qobuz that’s on the road map, or is it still way over the horizon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Focus right now is on bringing stability to the feature set released so far in beta.
There will be more news coming soon though Smile