Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.10
(28-Mar-2018, 14:18)Vivialet Wrote: another problem I have is with AIR. upnp is working fine, but SQ can't compete with my Mutecs. But AIR is another thing. It was always working fine, even the white noise what not a big issue for me. But now the AIR driver always shows 0.0db for Wifi even if it is working. Ethernet is working, but if I switch to another source and then back I can't get it working again. Similar for Wifi, even worse. Only a complete powerdown of the amps is solving it, but it is only working for a short time. Totally unstable.
For both Wifi and ethernet I'm using DHCP.
Not really a problem as I tend to stay with Mutec. And the AES input is sounding clearly better with the CI board.

Hello Vivialet
I am still with the previous Beta version. (lucky me)
Although I only use USB I need either ethernet or Wifi working for the Iphone remote control.
Those are my findings so far (DHCP on, no reservation at the router level either):
- if I remove the lan cable, reboot, wireless will be OK and will not disconnect.
- if I keep the lan cable, rebooot, only Ethernet will work but will disconnect after a few hours/days.
- now I have removed the wireless in the configuration and I am testing if Ethernet will stay connected.

Obviously there are issues as there is no reason both Ethernet/Wireless cannot work at the same time!
The interaction between both is not clear: in Ethernet mode you do not see the same name than in Wireless mode for your device...
I have been upgraded to CI a month ago and I have not still be able to use my Devialet properly.

philoouu
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(28-Mar-2018, 13:56)Celts88 Wrote:
(28-Mar-2018, 13:11)cereal killer Wrote: 24/192 still broken

Semantics, what's your problem  Tongue

(28-Mar-2018, 17:28)Celts88 Wrote: Latest from the CI Log:

Olivier

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated, as always.
As you reported, there has been a software regression with 24/192 and 24/176 files via AIR in this release and our QA failed to report it. We are deeply sorry. 
The problem has been identified and a fix has been issued. We will now go through an extensive QA process and will announce a new release here ASAP.
Ah, the joy of software development!
Have a nice day or evening and again, we apologize for the mishap. 

Link to CI Log

Fact  Tongue
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
(29-Mar-2018, 03:31)philoouu Wrote:
(28-Mar-2018, 14:18)Vivialet Wrote: another problem I have is with AIR. upnp is working fine, but SQ can't compete with my Mutecs. But AIR is another thing. It was always working fine, even the white noise what not a big issue for me. But now the AIR driver always shows 0.0db for Wifi even if it is working. Ethernet is working, but if I switch to another source and then back I can't get it working again. Similar for Wifi, even worse. Only a complete powerdown of the amps is solving it, but it is only working for a short time. Totally unstable.
Not really a problem as I tend to stay with Mutec. And the AES input is sounding clearly better with the CI board.

Hello Vivialet
Although I only use USB I need either ethernet or Wifi working for the Iphone remote control.
Those are my findings so far (DHCP on, no reservation at the router level either):
- if I remove the lan cable, reboot, wireless will be OK and will not disconnect.
- if I keep the lan cable, rebooot, only Ethernet will work but will disconnect after a few hours/days.
- now I have removed the wireless in the configuration and I am testing if Ethernet will stay connected.

Obviously there are issues as there is no reason both Ethernet/Wireless cannot work at the same time!
The interaction between both is not clear: in Ethernet mode you do not see the same name than in Wireless mode for your device...
I have been upgraded to CI a month ago and I have not still be able to use my Devialet properly.

philoouu
Hi philoouu,
I have only configured either wifi or ethernet, not both together. And prior to CI AIR was always working fine, so it is not the PC/router.
The remote app is working fine bzw., and also upnp. So the connection is working.

Bernd
(29-Mar-2018, 07:41)Vivialet Wrote:
(29-Mar-2018, 03:31)philoouu Wrote:

Hello Vivialet

philoouu
Hi philoouu,
I have only configured either wifi or ethernet, not both together. And prior to CI AIR was always working fine, so it is not the PC/router.
The remote app is working fine bzw., and also upnp. So the connection is working.

Bernd

Hello
Prior to CI, both wifi and Ethernet were working together. Now I have configured only ethernet and so far I have not been disconnected.
Regarding upnp, try 192/24, it will not work, especially if you play with the volume. Devialet is aware of that.
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
Core Infinity installed yesterday with Firmware 12.2.10 + DOS 2.2.0 RC3. Dropped off at Lifestyle Store in morning, met with Olivier, picked up that afternoon. Just finished setting up, created and downloaded new Config file. No problems here, all working as it should and sounding fantastic. No clicks or pops on USB input from Aurender and Phono inputs on companion working. I can't comment on other inputs, AIR or ethernet because I don't use them and all switched off in Configurator. Only issues I can see is source selection scrolls through USB then Phono (my set inputs) but I have to scroll through AIR, UPNP, Airplay and Spotify to get back to USB, probably not an issue, just requires a few extra button presses, but would be good to have setting so I just scroll through my used inputs. I also noticed when scrolling through the menu screen, 8 & 9 (after the configuration screen) are blank, could be a bug in the menu selection or maybe something to be populated at a later date, anyone else notice this? I haven't noticed any change or improvement in SQ, sounds the same as prior to CI upgrade to me. I haven't done any critical listening and only a couple of hours into this listening session, just enjoying some great tunes here.
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Dear All

Don't know if it is my system or if there is a problem with 12.2.10.
I've been adjusting my tonearm (VTA and TF) and so have been playing the same album over and over.
With the new software I've felt that the 'hiss' on a 0.3mV setting has been quieter than with 12.2.6.
However, I've felt that vinyl has been a bit dull and recessed and lacking a bit of life. Also I've felt that the bass has been weaker and lacking definition/slam.
Over Easter I've put this down to my tonearm tweaking but I've not been able to get back to where I thought I was before.

So last night I went back to 12.2.6. I'm positive the hiss was slightly louder and grainier. As soon as I heard the familiar track it was clear that it sounded bigger and more dynamic and the characteristic punch in the bass was there.

Wonder what is going on? Maybe I didn't install 12.2.10 properly in the first place?
I'll try digital sources tonight.

Kevin
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
(05-Apr-2018, 09:57)IKIBM Wrote: Dear All

Don't know if it is my system or if there is a problem with 12.2.10.
I've been adjusting my tonearm (VTA and TF) and so have been playing the same album over and over.
With the new software I've felt that the 'hiss' on a 0.3mV setting has been quieter than with 12.2.6.
However, I've felt that vinyl has been a bit dull and recessed and lacking a bit of life. Also I've felt that the bass has been weaker and lacking definition/slam.
Over Easter I've put this down to my tonearm tweaking but I've not been able to get back to where I thought I was before.

So last night I went back to 12.2.6. I'm positive the hiss was slightly louder and grainier. As soon as I heard the familiar track it was clear that it sounded bigger and more dynamic and the characteristic punch in the bass was there.

Wonder what is going on? Maybe I didn't install 12.2.10 properly in the first place?
I'll try digital sources tonight.

Kevin
I’ve never had any good result with the Devialet Phono Stage in my 120 Pro C/I. For me using Ortofon Kontrapunkt B (average output M/C), the sound has always been polluted with hiss and generally is undynamic. I am now happily using a Ray Samuel’s Audio Nighthawk F-117 Phonostage into Devialet line level input. It has all the dynamics and absolutely no hiss.

Considering Devialet have stated that the very top range components were used for their incorporated phonostage, I have been massively disappointed. Although I know others do not agree, my conclusion is, the incorporated phonostage is ‘absolute rubbish!’ At least I now have a usable phonostage and I can play my LP’s to listening satisfaction. However, this is a Devialet failing and should not be the case.

I suspect I may have a duff Devialet phonostage, but how do you check it? Ocean told me it would be checked out at Core infinity upgrade. After upgrade there is no change. I’m a bit pissed off to be honest.
It seems that recording from "Line in" over USB is also not working in Firmware 12.2.10.
I had to go back to Firmware 12.1.2 to get a signal out of USB. But in this version I could not adjust the "record level". Changing the max input voltage on "line in" did not have any change in recoding level over USB.
(05-Apr-2018, 22:47)Greg\ Wrote: I suspect I may have a duff Devialet phonostage, but how do you check it? Ocean told me it would be checked out at Core infinity upgrade. After upgrade there is no change. I’m a bit pissed off to be honest.

Greg

You could configure the companion as your phono stage input and see if there is any difference.

Both the Master and the Companion have a phono stage installed, I am using the phono stage in my Companion
at the moment as my Master is in France getting the SD card socket repaired.

I personally think the Phono stage is very quiet.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Hi all,

On page 7 of this thread you can see that I already wrote that the (USB) record signal is completely absent in softwareversion 12.2.10. And reported it to Devialet: it's a bug. (To avoid the clicks, they said). Back to 12.2.6 is the answer and that's works perfectly. But without the advantages of version 12.2.10 of course.
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz