Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
I mean the highpass in the speaker settings of the configurator. If you integrate a sub it makes sense to limit the speakers to maybe 50 Hz.
(18-Oct-2020, 14:46)PeppaPig Wrote:
(18-Oct-2020, 13:35)ThomasD Wrote: I am very happy with update. Finally I can run Roon on wifi or ethernet Smile .
And Sweet room so sweet. I have corrected for 3 room resonances in each channel. All below 150 Hz. It has worked vey well and with very satisfying result. Believe Ray Brown, Oscar Pettiford et al also happy.

That’s great!

What do you mean by “all below 150Hz”? Do you only make adjustments in below 150Hz range? Any reason for this?

I am focusing on room resonances as this is my main problem, These resonances are mainly below 250 Hz burt they also can have an impact on other frequencies. To change other parts of the frequency curve is in my experience no good idea. Maybe you correct one thing but you get an number of other problems for example with phase. Mostly the best sound is without correction.
Expert Pro 220. Dynaudio C1 II. Rega P8. Lyra Delos. Primare BD 32. 
(18-Oct-2020, 11:23)Rocketmannequin Wrote: Having paid dearly for the Core Infinity upgrade, I was happy with the immediate functionality that it provided with Roon.  But the idea of ongoing exciting updates really hasn't materialized.  I agree that Sweet Room is far from user friendly and doesn't seem ready yet for prime time if we are opening tickets to fix this.  I also agree with others that it's a legitimate concern that as my setup is working perfectly now, I don't want to risk having the latest firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 screw anything up that will require me to wait for another long time for an update.  I was somewhat excited by the update to the Devialet AIR app, but that sounds no less scratchy that it did before, with regular dropouts.  Has anyone noticed any significant improvement on this front?

Firmware and DOS updates worked fine- smooth installation.  The updated AIR app is a disaster- Now installs on Mac with Catalina OS but even more drop outs, clicks pops and digital noises than even the prior AIR App.  Stick with air play which works perfectly.
220 Pro CI,  B&W 805 D3,  SVS ultra sub with upgrade.  Streaming with Sirius XM and Tidal
Thumbs Up 
(06-Oct-2020, 19:08)pvanosta Wrote: I installed the new update and created/downloaded/installed a fresh config. Both went without any problems.

Steps taken:
- download the firmware update and extract it
- power down the dev and remove the power chord
- switch the SD card from the dev to the pc
- remove the config (copy it to the PC ) so the SD card is empty
- copy all the firmware files to the root directory of the SD
- put the SD back in the dev
- power up and let the dev install the firmware until you get the msg 'press front button'
- after cycling, power down, remove SD
- either create and download a fresh config or copy the 'old' config back to the sd
NOTE: I was able to create a fresh config on the website and download it to the PC
- re-insert the SD into the Dev and power up

I had zero problems with the above approach.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
Upgrade seems to be working fine for me, based on a few hours of listening, all settings unchanged from previous version. Seems 24/192 over RAAT is more stable (altho I still experienced a dropout after a half hour or so), but Roon/AIR-eth is about the same (still glitching on 24/192 tracks, both streaming and local files, fine on 24/96).

Going to wait on Sweet Room -- like every other room correction system that I've tried (including Trinnov, TACT, Dirac), sonic improvements seem likely to come at the expense of increased anxiety about settings, configs, measuring, re-measuring, swapping SD cards, and eternally wondering if you did it right. Maybe when my ambient level of life anxiety has diminished somewhat...
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
(18-Oct-2020, 10:15)Vivialet Wrote: and the next major bug in Sweet Room: as soon as you want to use your subwoofer which includes a highpass for the speakers of course the EQ is not acive anymore.
I understand that the EQ is not used for the pre-out which is good, but it should not stop working for the speakers. So currently you can use 4 bands and only if you don't want to use a sub. Not bad for 18 month of development...why do they not involve some users as beta testers ? All is secret and then they release such a buggy stuff. Maybe we should find another name for it, something like random room...

Update: it is not deactivated if you activate the pre-out but if you use a highpass for the speakers.

Thanks for that info, I am using the digital crossover function (low pass for pre out and high pass for the amp section) so I don't have to waste my time with Sweet Room
(19-Oct-2020, 04:16)Music or sound Wrote:
(18-Oct-2020, 10:15)Vivialet Wrote: and the next major bug in Sweet Room: as soon as you want to use your subwoofer which includes a highpass for the speakers of course the EQ is not acive anymore.
I understand that the EQ is not used for the pre-out which is good, but it should not stop working for the speakers. So currently you can use 4 bands and only if you don't want to use a sub. Not bad for 18 month of development...why do they not involve some users as beta testers ? All is secret and then they release such a buggy stuff. Maybe we should find another name for it, something like random room...

Update: it is not deactivated if you activate the pre-out but if you use a highpass for the speakers.

Thanks for that info, I am using the digital crossover function (low pass for pre out and high pass for the amp section) so I don't have to waste my time with Sweet Room

A workaround could be to use one of the filters to implement such a high pass directly in Sweet Room. 

Although at a second thought, since I believe sweet room online uses notch filters and not shelves filters, it could be a bit tricky to achieve.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(18-Oct-2020, 10:15)Vivialet Wrote: Update: it is not deactivated if you activate the pre-out but if you use a highpass for the speakers.
Not sure if you have seen this but they have responded on the Sweet home page to say you need to use the alt settings when doing this. It feels like there are undocumented features with this currently.

They also say 9 bands should be available, they have asked for my config files. I wonder if it's because I'm using SAM, do others with the problem use SAM?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
It's high time Devialet produced a proper User Manual for the Expert Pro, explaining how all the DSP capabilities operate with each other. This should also specify how they each affect both the pre-out and main outputs.

Apart from the fact that this would be a very useful reference document: firstly, we should not be having to work this out for ourselves by trial and error, and secondly, the process of writing this document would highlight some of the test cases Devialet should be using to verify that it all works as intended (which is by no means obviously the case at the moment).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(19-Oct-2020, 11:59)Soniclife Wrote:
(18-Oct-2020, 10:15)Vivialet Wrote: Update: it is not deactivated if you activate the pre-out but if you use a highpass for the speakers.
Not sure if you have seen this but they have responded on the Sweet home page to say you need to use the alt settings when doing this.  It feels like there are undocumented features with this currently.

They also say 9 bands should be available, they have asked for my config files.  I wonder if it's because I'm using SAM, do others with the problem use SAM?

I have also used SAM when having the problems with only 4 or 5 working bands. I need to verify if it is working correctly without SAM (which is my default).