Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini Set-up Issues
New pairing and new bluetooth connect could help

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(19-Jan-2021, 01:14)Clerkp Wrote: Hi all, my Devialet have an issue where the right earbud is always dead and the left is fully charged. Using an iPhone. Any ideas?

hi,

the problem is : the right ear could slighty move in the Bed so it charge or not ... no consistent  (Left one is not concerned) -> misconception
(20-Jan-2021, 00:56)spray6969 Wrote:
(19-Jan-2021, 01:14)Clerkp Wrote: Hi all, my Devialet have an issue where the right earbud is always dead and the left is fully charged. Using an iPhone. Any ideas?

hi,

the problem is : the right ear could slighty move in the Bed so it charge or not ... no consistent  (Left one is not concerned) -> misconception

Hi,

I have experienced that both the left and the right Gemini earbud has lost all the battery when in the charging box. The strange thing is that when the left lost all battery the right was nearly fully charged. The opposite has also happened. The right lost all battery while the left was nearly fully charged. Any others with the same problem?
(11-Dec-2020, 15:37)tommy bakes Wrote: I just received my Gemini Earbuds and cannot get them to work.  Completely underwhelmed by the lack of support and documentation - and the troublesome set-up with iOS 14.  Thinking I may have to return them.  Extremely disappointing.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,

I have had lots of issues.

Got this from Devialet support:
I can see that you encounter the 601 error message and you need some instruction in pairing your Gemini, Please kindly follow steps:

1. Slide up the casing

2. Check the battery level and the connection between earbuds and casing
* Remove the Earbud left only and check if the LED is activated
* Put back the left Earbud, the Casing will then react with a Colour which will show you the battery status.
* Do the same with right Earbud

Note: when placing any of the earbud back in the casing,
* If LED blink Red it means the earbud needs to be charged so place both of them back in the casing.
* If LED blink Orange or Green when placing back both earbuds then you proceed with next step.

3. Slide down (close) the casing

4. Proceed to reset to factory by hold press the front button of the casing, while doing the following movement
* Open the slider (slide up)
* Close the slider (slide down)
* Open the slider (slide up second time)
* Close the slider (slide down second time)
* Release the button

Note: The LED should be blinking Orange for more than 10 seconds, if this is not the case, then restart the process from step 1. If you received a blinking orange after following the instructions then proceed with next step.

5. Remove previously paired devices with Gemini in case you have previously attempted to pair the Gemini but was unsuccessful, please go to your device (phone), remove all prior connections to Gemini by "Forget This Device", and redo the pairing

6. Pair your Gemini by following steps below
  1. Slide up the casing

2. Press the front button of your casing

3. Activate the Bluetooth of your Phone

4. Select Gemini L and wait till a pop appears to authorize a connection to the Gemini R (for iOS users instead of Gemini R it will appear as "headset")
Please run the update again.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
My reply to Devialet:
I did the reset process first as described in the e-mail below. When finished the LED blinked orange, but not for more than 10 seconds as stated in the e-mail. I then tried to pair to my iPhone. I put the phone in Bluetooth search mode, opened the slider and the LED goes green. When pressing the front button on the casing the LED goes white and disappears. From pairing other devices I am used to a blinking white light until it is connected to the phone. The phone is not able to detect the Gemini through the Bluetooth search, neither Gemini L nor "Headset".

I also tried to follow what is given on your web-site (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016668759-How-to-use-my-Devialet-Gemini-) "Press for 2 seconds the front button on the charging case". The LED showed a white light that disappeared when I released the button. The Gemini was still not detected by the iPhone.   

When trying to reset the Gemini once more to see if it helps there is no LED light when releasing the button after having followed the reset procedure. I then tried to remove both Gemini L og R from the casing and put them back in. I was then able to rerun the reset process.

After a lot of attempts I was able to connect to Gemini L and "Headset". After connection "Headset" is shown as "Gemini R" in the bluetooth list. Gemini L shown as "Not connected" and the Gemini R as "Connected". First there was sound only in Gemini R, but after a while there was sound in both with the Gemini L on/off regarding sound/ no sound.

I then installed the Gemini app and connected successfully. I searched for update, put the earbuds in the charging case and left the slider open. It says update Right earbud first, but the left is marked on the picture showing on the screen. When starting the update I then get an error 512 very soon. 

I then follow the instructions for error 512, 520, 521 on your website (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018345839-I-ve-got-an-error-during-the-update-of-my-Devialet-Gemini) and the update process for Gemini R starts (still the left is marked on the screen). After 100%, "Updating Chamber" is shown in the app. To my relive the update process is finished successfully and the Gemini works!

The following problem is not fixed:
I have experienced that both the left and the right has lost all the battery when in the charging box. The strange thing is that when the left lost all battery the right was nearly fully charged. The opposite has also happened. The right lost all battery while the left was nearly fully charged. Anyone else having the same problem?
Software update is available :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk