Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HQPlayer
(04-Mar-2017, 23:11)LBameule Wrote: I'm not doing any conversion from DSD to PCM, I pass it through so the Dev actually manages the DSD flow itself. I may try you suggestion, though, not hard to try...

The advantage is the +6db which the Devialet doesn't do.  Nice having PCSM and DSD in the same volume range.  I sometimes forget to turn down after listening to some DSD, I have to run and dive for my remote.   Undecided
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Does anyone have had any problems with the Roon, HQPlayer and AIR on Windows?

I have noticed that my Windows 10 crashes to a bluescreen with this setup every now and then. It's always because of the error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". Just asking if someone would know how to fix this issue.

[Image: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.PNG]
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(05-Mar-2017, 10:01)petrik Wrote: Does anyone have had any problems with the Roon, HQPlayer and AIR on Windows?

I have noticed that my Windows 10 crashes to a bluescreen with this setup every now and then. It's always because of the error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". Just asking if someone would know how to fix this issue.

[Image: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.PNG]

I got the exact same problem and I searched the internet and I found a solution but cant remember what it was :Sad but I think it was related to old firmware on some components on the computer. If I recall I updated all firmwares on the computer, SSD, graphicscard and so on.......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(05-Mar-2017, 10:52)octaviars Wrote: I got the exact same problem and I searched the internet and I found a solution but cant remember what it was :Sad but I think it was related to old firmware on some components on the computer. If I recall I updated all firmwares on the computer, SSD, graphicscard and so on.......

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try Shy
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(05-Mar-2017, 18:13)petrik Wrote:
(05-Mar-2017, 10:52)octaviars Wrote: I got the exact same problem and I searched the internet and I found a solution but cant remember what it was :Sad but I think it was related to old firmware on some components on the computer. If I recall I updated all firmwares on the computer, SSD, graphicscard and so on.......

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try Shy

Just an update. I haven't been able to fix this problem. For some reason it just crashes to the bluescreen every now and then. I suppose I'm back using just Roon until the problem is fixed.

I have contacted Microsoft support many times and they have checked my computer remotely six times already but they haven't found any problem that would cause this crash. They were quite obsessed with the graphics card and they were guessing that it is causing the trouble here. Well, I removed the whole card but it still keeps crashing. I also installed Windows 10 again and all the latest drivers, but those actions didn't help either.

I have also contacted HQPlayer's Jussi Laako and he has been actively helping me finding the problem. I have got great support from Jussi although we haven't found out the problem yet.

Currently I'm suspecting that AIR 3 is causing this problem and I have written quite many emails about this to the Devialet. They have replied only once by saying that they cannot reproduce the crash. I don't know what else to do now than just stop using the *great* sounding HQPlayer  Sad
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
I have noticed that if I change songs really fast in Roon and play through HQ Player sometimes I still get the bluescreen but at normal playlist playing all is fine.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(14-Mar-2017, 09:37)octaviars Wrote: I have noticed that if I change songs really fast in Roon and play through HQ Player sometimes I still get the bluescreen but at normal playlist playing all is fine.

Yes, that's the fastest way to get the bluescreen. It happens also sometimes when just normally changing a track in Roon.

May I ask what kind of computer do you have for running the Roon, HQPlayer and AIR3?
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(14-Mar-2017, 11:43)petrik Wrote:
(14-Mar-2017, 09:37)octaviars Wrote: I have noticed that if I change songs really fast in Roon and play through HQ Player sometimes I still get the bluescreen but at normal playlist playing all is fine.

Yes, that's the fastest way to get the bluescreen. It happens also sometimes when just normally changing a track in Roon.

May I ask what kind of computer do you have for running the Roon, HQPlayer and AIR3?

I have it on my regular computer which is an not so new i3 machine with 120GB SSD M.2 and an HDD with my music. I am waiting for Devialet to get the thumbs out of their........  So I can decide what streamer solution to use and build a dedicated computer for this but I am loosing my temper and I dont think Devialet will be a brand that I will keep and I have plans to move on......

Second system

I've never had a blue screen knock on wood. I also don't run roon and hqplayer on the same machine which seems to be different than everyone mentioning it here.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

HQPlayer 3.16 has been released.