Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icons devialet expert display
Since some time i have noticed an unfamiliar icon on the display of my expert pro. It sits above the ‘db’ icon and looks like a rectangle with a line through it, see photo attached. Anyone have an idea?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet 220 pro expert; Focal 1028 Be; Rega RP6; Ortofon Quintet Black
I use Ethernet network only (and no Wi-Fi), and I see that icon when Devialet network cable is not connected to any device (or cable removed).
.. which is strange as i use airplay via network cable.
Are you seeing that icon while playing music via network cable?
Did you check the Wi-Fi status and Ethernet status, using menu? Maybe you are playing over Wi-Fi.
Yes, i stream via network cable. Wifi should be off. I will have a look..
Ok, so i just checked. I disconnected the utp cable and i could not stream anymore to the devialet. The icon was still in the display. So my conclusion is that i am not using wifi but utp cable and that connecting or disconneting or does not influence the appearance of the icon.

I tried to go to the menu which i thought was done via the remote but i am doing it wrong or i cannot remember how. I thought i should have access to some menu items like temperature of the amp etecetera but these screens do not appear
(09-Feb-2020, 22:27)Out of Gum Wrote: Ok, so i just checked. I disconnected the utp cable and i could not stream anymore to the devialet. The icon was still in the display. So my conclusion is that i am not using wifi but utp cable and that connecting or disconneting or does not influence the appearance of the icon.

I tried to go to the menu which i thought was done via the remote but i am doing it wrong or i cannot remember how. I thought i should have access to some menu items like temperature of the amp etecetera but these screens do not appear

To access this menu, you need a long press on the 'Tone' button of the remote (right button by default).

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Try web browser and go to web page your expert. Look on wifi and ethernet and try DHCP
OK, i forgot that the amp is actually a computer and you need to reboot it once a while .. sigh ..
So disconnecting the power for a minute ‘solved’ everything. Icon is gone now.
(10-Feb-2020, 18:40)Out of Gum Wrote: OK, i forgot that the amp is actually a computer and you need to reboot it once a while .. sigh ..
So disconnecting the power for a minute ‘solved’ everything. Icon is gone now.

Thank you, Out of Gum ! I just had the same issue and couldn't find any explanation on Devialet's website. I, too, unplugged the amp for a minute and everything resumed to normal.
Best regards,
Arnaud
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)