Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
Does anyone know anything about the new internal streamer board that is apparently coming out later this year???  Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(02-Jun-2016, 17:22)Xander Wrote: I do not get all the complaints. I bought my 400 on how it is and not because of future upgrades who will or not be free or implemented.

I'm sorry for the people who had never got AIR working as advertised but if it happened to me I would bring it back to the dealer... Even after months.

The problem is they kept promising they were about to fix it. Both Devialet and my dealer.
I have to wait for the first AIR update before my dealer will find another solution for my problem.
I kinda gave up by now. Don't want to return my Dev, that's for sure...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(02-Jun-2016, 17:30)Cylob Wrote:
(02-Jun-2016, 17:22)Xander Wrote: I do not get all the complaints. I bought my 400 on how it is and not because of future upgrades who will or not be free or implemented.

I'm sorry for the people who had never got AIR working as advertised but if it happened to me I would bring it back to the dealer... Even after months.

The problem is they kept promising they were about to fix it. Both Devialet and my dealer.
I have to wait for the first AIR update before my dealer will find another solution for my problem.

I understand this, but even then; after spending 10k spending on two pizza boxes and if it was not working, I would bring it back, even after a year.
(02-Jun-2016, 17:28)Confused Wrote: Does anyone know anything about the new internal streamer board that is apparently coming out later this year???  Confused

Nice try...  Cool
(02-Jun-2016, 17:40)Xander Wrote:
(02-Jun-2016, 17:30)Cylob Wrote:

I understand this, but even then; after spending 10k spending on two pizza boxes and if it was not working, I would bring it back, even after a year.

Big hollow words lacking any form of empathy and practical value. I almost hope it's you someday who ends up in a similar situation (preferably after you've spend another x thousand euro's on an upgrade first) just to see if and how you will "bring your pizza boxes back". You better lawyer up big time when you try to do so.

And no I personally never suffered from these Air issues either which does not mean it does not suck. Plus Devialet objectively still handled/handles it poorly whether you or I are affected or not, so no idea who you think you're helping here.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(02-Jun-2016, 12:46)baconbrain Wrote:
(02-Jun-2016, 12:25)Antoine Wrote: Anyway I'm done, I'm taking a break from this forum and anything else Devialet related for while.

Understandable but that would be truly unfortunate ..

Sorry baconbrain, I shouldn't have written that. It just doesn't work that way for me, at least not until I've bought something different to replace the Devialet. A new love helps forgetting the old! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

A lot of the unhappiness stems from the fact that Devialet keep shouting about what fantastic new products they have whilst completely ignoring the early adopters. I bought my D400 for the specific application of HiRes streaming using AIR, but it was a year before I was ready to implement that. In the meantime, I used other sources, and was happy. Now, my excellent dealer is not even a Devialet dealer any more, thanks to Devialet's change in corporate policy as they focus on a different target market. He dealt with them in good faith, and I can't hold him responsible for their failures. Anyway, I don't want to change the hardware - I just want it to do what was promised on Day 1. AIR3b fixes most of that, but doesn't seem to get on too well with DLRCS, so I'm almost back at square one again. I agree with you that any future enhancements are a bonus, but so far, nothing that they have developed has improved my SQ in any way (not even SAM, which I have removed) and yet the system still does not do correctly what it was supposed to do at the outset.

A bit of humility and willingness from Devialet to engage with the user base would go a long long way to improving the ambience on this generally excellent, friendly and informative forum.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Any prospective buyer googling Devialet is going to come across discussions like this and it taints Devialet's image and puts off buyers, so I just can understand why Devialet aren't pulling out all the stops, hiring developer resource temporarily, engaging with users a lot more throughly etc. I find it bizarre that they've allowed this to drag on for nearly 3 years.
Just listened to this sublime performance (three times in a row actually) in a dimly lit room and feel 'grounded' again. So for those appreciating this 'healing effect' as well, for example because of the negativity I'm afraid I started here in this thread, sharing this for you. 

I didn't even listen through the D, just my iPad (ok it's a Pro which is stereo through 4 little speakers Wink) but it's still stunning. I guess we're extremely fortunate to be able to enjoy great music even more through our own systems at home that belong to -at the very least- the very best top 1 percent in this world. Realizing this makes me feel like a spoiled brat acting the way I did, my apologies to all!

The Netherlands
(02-Jun-2016, 22:01)Antoine Wrote: Just listened to this sublime performance (three times in a row actually) in a dimly lit room and feel 'grounded' again. So for those appreciating this 'healing effect' as well, for example because of the negativity I'm afraid I started here in this thread, sharing this for you. 

I didn't even listen through the D, just my iPad (ok it's a Pro which is stereo through 4 little speakers Wink) but it's still stunning. I guess we're extremely fortunate to be able to enjoy great music even more through our own systems at home that belong to -at the very least- the very best top 1 percent in this world. Realizing this makes me feel like a spoiled brat acting the way I did, my apologies to all!

Welcome back Antoine  Smile.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK