Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
So, I use separate cards for Configuration and firmware.

Firmware, as noted, is 64MB in size - that would easily fit on a 1GB card.

The configuration is approximately 33KB.

Both would easily fit on a 2GB or 4GB SD card.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Today I placed my order to send in my pro and tonight I prepared the package to it send with UPS tomorrow.
I am looking forward to what I will receive back mid of February.
Until then, I will be able to enjoy good sound only with my Oppo HA-2 and Sennheiser HD 800S  Rolleyes
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
My 130 Pro left home yesterday. I am looking forward to enjoying the 130 PRO CI in few weeks...
iMAC - Audirvana - AIR - ETH - 130 Pro - Chorus Reference - Focal 1028
(Haute-Savoie , France)
Very good experience here with the CI upgrade: went fast and smooth. I couldn't find a 64GB SD-card in the box, though, so I bought one. In the end, however, it turned out not to be needed since the firmware on the Dev was already the latest version. Well... my own fault for not first checking the version installed.

So far I only had a quick listening session. I find the treble a bit bright but the amp was still very cold and maybe needs a bit of burn-in. We'll see what gives...
(23-Jan-2018, 22:26)Stino Wrote: Very good experience here with the CI upgrade: went fast and smooth. I couldn't find a 64GB SD-card in the box, though, so I bought one. In the end, however, it turned out not to be needed since the firmware on the Dev was already the latest version. Well... my own fault for not first checking the version installed.

So far I only had a quick listening session. I find the treble a bit bright but the amp was still very cold and maybe needs a bit of burn-in. We'll see what gives...

There seems to be some confusion about the size of card needed. As @baddog already said, 4GB is plenty, and Devialet don’t send out new cards with the CI upgrade, you can use the ones you already have.  I did, with no problems.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Yes indeed, as noted:

Firmware is 64MB in size. A standard configuration file is approximately 33KB. Both would easily fit on a 1GB or larger SD card with room to spare.

Perhaps one day we can store music on the SD card for use by the Devialet.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(16-Jan-2018, 16:13)Confused Wrote: Packed up my 1000Pro Sunday night, it was collected yesterday and I have just received the UPS notification of delivery in France.  It looks like they have had a similar journey to that posted by @Gerronwithit , including a few laps of Donnington park and Le Mans on route.  Anyway, they are 'safe' in Devialet's hands now.

I wonder how long the queue at Devialet is currently?  I will update when I know more.

An update on my upgrade:
The amps were taken to a UPS 'drop off' point Sunday 14th January, collected by UPS 15th Jan.  Judith notification of arrival in France 16th Jan.  Judith notification of return 22nd Jan.  Delivered UK 24th Jan.  So a reasonably quick turnaround. 

A couple of observations.

1. The UPS tracking system is pretty useless.  It is good at telling you where your package is when it is bouncing between airports and UPS locations, but it gives you zero idea when you package will actually be delivered.  The UPS tracking shows 'Scheduled Delivery Date: Information unavailable' right up to the moment the package is delivered.   (I was VERY lucky that there just happened to be someone available to sign for it when it arrived)

2. Devialet do not understand space travel.  When Devialet receive your amplifier, they send you an email notification showing a picture of your amplifier being upgraded on the international space station by two guys on a space walk.  This bit is fair enough.  When the amplifier is being returned, you get a picture of your amplifier being launched into space.  Eh?  It's just been in space, surely now it should be in a Soyuz return capsule.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi Confused,
do you already have some first impressions regarding soundquality ?
I have also applied for the update today...
(25-Jan-2018, 12:44)Vivialet Wrote: Hi Confused,
do you already have some first impressions regarding soundquality ?
I have also applied for the update today...

No impressions yet.  I only just about had time to unpack them and get them set up last night.  I did have a quick listen, but only to check everything was connected up correctly and working.  It was by then very late, the amplifiers had only just been powered up and so were absolutely stone cold.  So all I know is that they are at least working, they never sound that good from cold.  (rather than from the normal standby mode)

To be honest, I am very pleased that they have returned working, plus they look to be scratch and damage free, as far as I can tell.  So a very rapid and trouble free upgrade in my case.  I have quite a busy weekend planned, there will be time for some listening, but this is likely to be with company, it is also likely to be accompanied by too much red wine.  So this will serve as an excellent opportunity to let the amps settle in, the weekend after I should have time for some serious listening and comparisons of the CI Board to the Mutec MC3 etc.

Meanwhile, I am just very happy to have the amps back so quickly. Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
yes, that was really fast. I hope it works the same for me...