Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
Know it is a month away but this thread is ask you to post when you get the invite and shipping documents to pack up your D.   Let's see how this unfolds on the WWW.
Although I heard a rumour suggesting the O d'A guys may have to wait a bit longer than the rest, likely first quarter 2018    Big Grin    Jokin' !
(16-Sep-2017, 01:58)Wdw Wrote: Although I heard a rumour suggesting the O d'A guys may have to wait a bit longer than the rest, likely first quarter 2018    Big Grin    Jokin' !

I believe it is a prerequisite for a joke to be funny.... that's not funny.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Sep-2017, 02:56)Wdw Wrote: Know it is a month away....

You're optimistic! Big Grin

I know they said October 17th, but does anyone realistically think that's going to happen? Even if it does - and I'll be amazed - I very much doubt invitations to send units back will start that soon.

I was going to post a poll about dates, but couldn't work out how to do it. I'm predicting there won't be any users with one installed in their machines until end of the year earliest. I'd like to be proven wrong obviously, but....

FWIW, and no offence to Pim or any other odA owners, but I found the joke funny! It's just the way I think it will go.... shameful but I'm guessing laughing will be better than crying.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(16-Sep-2017, 14:06)Hifi_swlon Wrote: FWIW, and no offence to Pim or any other odA owners, but I found the joke funny! It's just the way I think it will go.... shameful but I'm guessing laughing will be better than crying.

I was actually joking myself. It is funny in a way.

I'm in a bit of a unique situation as an Od'A owner. When I was about to buy my Od'A from @Gentleman at a very good price, the 1000Pro was announced. And then not long after they announced the free upgrade to 1000Pro and additional streamer board for Od'A owners. This was all before the Od'A arrived at my doorstep because Gentleman was on a business trip and it took a while to get the deal done.

So I felt lucky to get a chance to buy the Od'A in the first place. I couldn't have afforded one at full price. And then on top, even before it landed in the land of Oz, I knew it would at some stage be upgraded to something even better.

I fully understand why Od'A owners who paid full price felt hard done by and it's my opinion that Devialet should have at least announced the free upgrade to 1000Pro for Od'A owners at the same time as they announced the 1000Pro. It would have softened the blow a bit. 

So I'm a very happy camper and am exited about what the streamer board will bring. Whenever it arrives. Meanwhile I'm playing music through one of the best amps money can buy and by far the best amp I can afford.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(17-Sep-2017, 00:43)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(16-Sep-2017, 14:06)Hifi_swlon Wrote: FWIW, and no offence to Pim or any other odA owners, but I found the joke funny! It's just the way I think it will go.... shameful but I'm guessing laughing will be better than crying.

I was actually joking myself. It is funny in a way.

I'm in a bit of a unique situation as an Od'A owner. When I was about to buy my Od'A from @Gentleman at a very good price, the 1000Pro was announced. And then not long after they announced the free upgrade to 1000Pro and additional streamer board for Od'A owners. This was all before the Od'A arrived at my doorstep because Gentleman was on a business trip and it took a while to get the deal done.

So I felt lucky to get a chance to buy the Od'A in the first place. I couldn't have afforded one at full price. And then on top, even before it landed in the land of Oz, I knew it would at some stage be upgraded to something even better.

I fully understand why Od'A owners who paid full price felt hard done by and it's my opinion that Devialet should have at least announced the free upgrade to 1000Pro for Od'A owners at the same time as they announced the 1000Pro. It would have softened the blow a bit. 

So I'm a very happy camper and am exited about what the streamer board will bring. Whenever it arrives. Meanwhile I'm playing music through one of the best amps money can buy and by far the best amp I can afford.

Glad all is good, no offense intended...only jealous of any owner of an Od'A.....I don't share Hifi's cynicism as to Devialet's schedule but, then again, believe we haven't been owners as long as he so are less jaded, a year more and we'd be an equal bitch fest....surely the Company deserve some level of unease but looking forward to their latest work.  I suspect it will be great!
Best
I actually think the 'Core Intelligence' upgrade scheme will run on time. My reasoning is that it is very unusual for Devialet to be so precise in announcing an exact date, 17th October, unless they were absolutely confident of running to this schedule they could easily been a little more vague, 17th Ocober 2017 is not vague!

I also recall member 'The Sofa Has Ears' mentioning the dates 21st, 22nd October in the context that this is the Windsor Hifi show and Devialet are expected to be in attendance. (they were most certainly there in 2016, demonstrating the then very new 1000 Pro, that said, they were also at the National Audio show in 2016, but not there in 2017). Looking at this years exhibitors list for the Windsor show 2017, Devialet are not listed. However, I do note that they are now listed as a prime 'featured exhibitor' for Audio London at the Hammersmith Indulgence show, this is in two weeks time, 29th September to 1st October. Maybe the first public appearance of the OS Board?

Finally, for the record, I think those who bought O'dA's prior to the announcement of the Pro range should most definably be first in the queue for upgrade, anything else would be insulting to those involved, I would not feel comfortable with it myself either to be honest. Pim however, should go last, I'm sure we can all agree on that.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-Sep-2017, 11:33)Confused Wrote:  Pim however, should go last, I'm sure we can all agree on that.

I think all Ref10 owners should go last because they have enough toys to play with!  Smile

@Confused: Forgot you were still holding out on the Ref10, so your place in line is still safe. Blush
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(17-Sep-2017, 11:33)Confused Wrote: Pim however, should go last, I'm sure we can all agree on that.

I'm with you. Let someone else sort the bugs out first.  Tongue

It's been discussed somewhere else on this forum that the Od'A in its original state is quite the achiever and that 'upgrading' might not be the best way to go sonically. I for one am very, very happy with the SQ of my Od'A and, since using Roon over AIR, don't really have a need for a streamer board. So I might even sit on the fence for a while and see if there are any real improvements before sending my Od'A off to France.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I'd logically expect them to announce full details on the 17th and start supplying new devices from that date.

I guess they then need to decide a priority for the upgrades, maybe like last time we register for it and they then send us a shipping window, first come first served? I would also expect that OdA owners may get priority this time to register first.

One thing is for sure, it's going to take them quite a few months to handle all the installations. They did also suggest that upgrades would start again but hopefully that's after the board installations are done.

Like some others, now Roon AIR is nearly perfect I'm not in too much of a hurry though I am keen to get it, wifi might even work, Deezer for the family (who complain I've too much music so don't like Roon!), Airplay and I think somewhere it even mentioned Bluetooth so guests could play their own music, definitely making it more flexible and family friendly.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii