Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(19-Sep-2017, 05:47)Emerald Wrote: what about the non pro customers? are they going to offer an pro-upgrade + core as one trip to Paris?
We're all making guesses, but I think that topic of upgrade timing has been covered before. Devialet will first perform the CI installs to the Pro models upgraded last fall, in order to fulfill that commitment. Possibly Od'A's first. Then they may re-open the Expert upgrade path, but I don't think they've ever given a time frame for that. I think that they will have plenty to do with the Pro upgrade work, at least for a few months. I do hope, however, that they reactivate the Expert upgrade opportunity, as it keeps the entire amp line up current. Or at least, gives owners the opportunity to stay current.

(02-Oct-2017, 03:17)Wdw Wrote: Well, seventeen days?

OK Amigo; the race is on. We'll do a Vancouver - Paris - Vancouver relay and see who plugs in first. Or who's box gets left on the front porch..... Smile My svelte 220 against your more powerful but overweight 440. My personal strategy will be to get the export paperwork that BrianT advised us to have last year. UPS seemed to stumble on that one.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(02-Oct-2017, 18:32)The Damon Wrote:
(19-Sep-2017, 05:47)Emerald Wrote: what about the non pro customers? are they going to offer an pro-upgrade + core as one trip to Paris?
We're all making guesses, but I think that topic of upgrade timing has been covered before. Devialet will first perform the CI installs to the Pro models upgraded last fall, in order to fulfill that commitment. Possibly Od'A's first. Then they may re-open the Expert upgrade path, but I don't think they've ever given a time frame for that. I think that they will have plenty to do with the Pro upgrade work, at least for a few months. I do hope, however, that they reactivate the Expert upgrade opportunity, as it keeps the entire amp line up current. Or at least, gives owners the opportunity to stay current.

OK Amigo; the race is on. We'll do a Vancouver - Paris - Vancouver relay and see who plugs in first. Or who's box gets left on the front porch..... Smile My svelte 220 against your more powerful but overweight 440. My personal strategy will be to get the export paperwork that BrianT advised us to have last year. UPS seemed to stumble on that one.
Yes, Amigo, the race is on.  Forgot about those silly UPS guys leaving totally expensive audio gear at my front door in the dark of a mid-winter night. 
May be our packages are the same...rumour has it that only one of the pair will go to Paris, for a second time in the past year.  My stereo equipment has a better life than me...!
(03-Oct-2017, 05:36)Wdw Wrote:
(02-Oct-2017, 18:32)The Damon Wrote:

Yes, Amigo, the race is on.  Forgot about those silly UPS guys leaving totally expensive audio gear at my front door in the dark of a mid-winter night. 
May be our packages are the same...rumour has it that only one of the pair will go to Paris, for a second time in the past year.  My stereo equipment has a better life than me...!

I've heard a rumour they're going to roll out the upgrade from country to country in alphabetical order; Australia, Belgium, Canada....sorry to spoil your Christmas.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Oct-2017, 09:40)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(02-Oct-2017, 18:32)The Damon Wrote: We're all making guesses, but I think that topic of upgrade timing has been covered before. Devialet will first perform the CI installs to the Pro models upgraded last fall, in order to fulfill that commitment. Possibly Od'A's first. Then they may re-open the Expert upgrade path, but I don't think they've ever given a time frame for that. I think that they will have plenty to do with the Pro upgrade work, at least for a few months. I do hope, however, that they reactivate the Expert upgrade opportunity, as it keeps the entire amp line up current. Or at least, gives owners the opportunity to stay current.

I've heard a rumour they're going to roll out the upgrade from country to country in alphabetical order; Australia, Belgium, Canada....sorry to spoil your Christmas.  Tongue

Yes, especially to those of you in Zimbabwe!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(03-Oct-2017, 05:36)Wdw Wrote: ....will go to Paris, for a second time in the past year.  My stereo equipment has a better life than me...!

Yes, that is exactly what my wife says; she's fine with the upgrade cost  (last year) but is peeved to be left behind. I agree. I go to work, and the D goes to Paris. Obviously Devialet should have structured their equipment and the upgrade program so that the owner goes with the amp to Paris for 10 days, has a series of splendid lunches and dinners, a free museum pass and then returns home to fire it up while enjoying their limited edition cognac; that would be an upgrade program.

But otherwise, since we're now racing the same equipment, it will be a case of who gets the fastest carrier pigeon.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(03-Oct-2017, 09:40)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(02-Oct-2017, 18:32)The Damon Wrote: We're all making guesses, but I think that topic of upgrade timing has been covered before. Devialet will first perform the CI installs to the Pro models upgraded last fall, in order to fulfill that commitment. Possibly Od'A's first. Then they may re-open the Expert upgrade path, but I don't think they've ever given a time frame for that. I think that they will have plenty to do with the Pro upgrade work, at least for a few months. I do hope, however, that they reactivate the Expert upgrade opportunity, as it keeps the entire amp line up current. Or at least, gives owners the opportunity to stay current.

You know the French!...heard they will unroll to countries with the largest number of French speaking nationals in decreasing order, so naturally, France, then Canada, then.....
(03-Oct-2017, 16:03)Damon Wrote:
(03-Oct-2017, 05:36)Wdw Wrote: ....will go to Paris, for a second time in the past year.  My stereo equipment has a better life than me...!

Yes, that is exactly what my wife says; she's fine with the upgrade cost  (last year) but is peeved to be left behind. I agree. I go to work, and the D goes to Paris. Obviously Devialet should have structured their equipment and the upgrade program so that the owner goes with the amp to Paris for 10 days, has a series of splendid lunches and dinners, a free museum pass and then returns home to fire it up while enjoying their limited edition cognac; that would be an upgrade program.

But otherwise, since we're now racing the same equipment, it will be a case of who gets the fastest carrier pigeon.

that is my kind of upgrade!
(03-Oct-2017, 09:40)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I've heard a rumour they're going to roll out the upgrade from country to country in alphabetical order; Australia, Belgium, Canada....sorry to spoil your Christmas.  Tongue

Joking apart, there is a point here.  Being honest, I am not that bothered about where I am in the queue.  (and I do think that O'dA owners should go first)  What would concern me is being without my amp over the Christmas holiday period, which will probably account for about 50% of my remaining listening time left this year.  So I presume that once you do get to the front of the queue, you do have a degree of control as to when you need send the amp back?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(03-Oct-2017, 17:56)Confused Wrote:
(03-Oct-2017, 09:40)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I've heard a rumour they're going to roll out the upgrade from country to country in alphabetical order; Australia, Belgium, Canada....sorry to spoil your Christmas.  Tongue

Joking apart, there is a point here.  Being honest, I am not that bothered about where I am in the queue.  (and I do think that O'dA owners should go first)  What would concern me is being without my amp over the Christmas holiday period, which will probably account for about 50% of my remaining listening time left this year.  So I presume that once you do get to the front of the queue, you do have a degree of control as to when you need send the amp back?

I work a three weeks on, two weeks off rotation so for me it's a matter of swapping out the Od'A for the 200 and shipping it just before I go to work and swapping it back when I come home. The missus doesn't mind listening to the 'inferior' 200 for a while. in fact I'm curious to have another listen to it. It's been so long.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Oct-2017, 17:56)Confused Wrote: Joking apart, there is a point here.  Being honest, I am not that bothered about where I am in the queue.  (and I do think that O'dA owners should go first)  What would concern me is being without my amp over the Christmas holiday period, which will probably account for about 50% of my remaining listening time left this year.  So I presume that once you do get to the front of the queue, you do have a degree of control as to when you need send the amp back?

Joking apart? What kind of forum is this, anyway?. But... the potential for being without music, or high-quality reproduction, over christmas is a legit concern. I too am not concerned about where I am in the upgrade queue, but my thought is that the CI board installation should be a simpler task than the Expert > Pro upgrade. I picture the board as a plug-in operation, plus some software fussing and the basic casework handling.... all uneducated assumptions.

My Pro upgrade was 18 days, Vancouver - Paris - Vancouver, if I recall correctly. I believe that Wdw had a similar turn around time. If the CI board install is indeed simpler, we may get a faster turn around for this work.
Damon
Vancouver, Canada