Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(05-Oct-2017, 13:23)mdconnelly Wrote: Whoa!   Sorry to have stirred things up.   I have absolutely no additional information (which was part of my point since Devialet has provided very little info so far).    I simply meant that having to cover the cost of shipping to/from Paris for every Pro would be a non-trivial expense that could, perhaps, be mitigated if they allowed installation of the boards by dealers or end-users.   Of course, I also have no idea of the complexity of the install or if that would even be possible.

P.S.   I've edited my prior post to clarify.  For what it's worth, this is what the Devialet Core Infinity email included back in July...

How much will the upgrade cost?

Nothing at all. Your system upgrade is completely free of charge, whether you own an Original d’Atelier or Expert Pro system, or have upgraded from Expert to Expert Pro.

Nothing to do with your comments...we're wondering what Amelot 75 is talking about.  Perhaps he can explain his post.
Agreed. It would seem that the statement "Nothing at all. Your system upgrade is completely free of charge." is pretty clear.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Sorry guys for putting the mood down low, I used to pay the shipping/worktime for any goods under warranty when it is required tweaks/fix and when it’s outside Europe I have to pay extra customs services
For me the shipping cost is included when you paid to go to the pro Line. It’s a brand new machine and not an add on as for CI board.
But you are right if it is written « nothing at all ». Let’s wait and see.
I presume the procedure for the upgrade will be very similar to that for the Expert to Pro. So for those that have done this, how exactly does this work? To clarify what I am asking here, what I am particularly interested in is how the timing works. So, at some unknown time in the future Devialet will start to send 'invitations' to upgrade to customers. Lets say I receive my actual invitation on a Wednesday. I presume the UPS labels are delivered electronically, unless you also need to request packing boxes for the return? (I have kept both my inner and outer boxes) Anyway, the key question is this, you have your UPS label, boxes, and all is ready to go. Can you pick your timing? So with the UPS labels and boxes in your hands on a Wednesday, if you really wanted to still have your amps for that particular weekend, could you delay sending them back to the following Monday? Lets say that Wednesday was poor timing for any number of reasons, could you delay two weeks, three weeks or more for a better time? I have no idea how flexible this system can be. If it makes any difference, I do have a UPS depot within sensible driving distance of both my home and office, so could drop off myself if that helps in any way. I am just looking for a bit of experience from those that have been though this procedure before with the Expert upgrades. Be gentle with me, this will be my first time! Just to explain, I can look forward a few months now, and see that there will be some reasonably convenient times to send the amps back without missing them too much, and also some times when it will be extremely annoying to be without them. Any ideas?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
With the expert line I was given the UPS label to download and a phone number to call to book the pick-up.

I can’t remember precisely, but I think I was given a two week window in which to arrange the pick-up. Presumably the factory is scheduled with a certain amount of work to complete in a certain timeframe.

With one of my D250’s the UPS agent on the telephone said the courier would pick it up within 2hrs. He was at my door within 30 minutes, I’d barely had time to finish boxing it up and applying the label!

It was on a 24hr delivery schedule which you can track and get confirmation it has arrived at the factory.
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
Six days if we believe the email from HQ...so first one to receive the invite to send your D back to the factory...Please let us know!
Yesterday Julien told me that email about the upgrade will send from HQ to user on coming Tuesday. The process would be start on...... October.
nick.

Qobuz Sublime/Roon on Synology DS3617xs --> Od'A (#82) --> B&W 802D3
Roon --> Dante --> Devialet Opéra de Paris Gold Phantom (pro mode)
(15-Oct-2017, 11:21)nicknick Wrote: Yesterday Julien told me that email about the upgrade will send from HQ to user on coming Tuesday. The process would be start on...... October.

So the email on the process is coming Tuesday, but Devialet still haven't told us the features?
WinkHope Devialet will keep their promises. This weekend we have Image &Sound exhibition in Paris and previous years Devialet always came... and not this year. Let’s say they are busy by the upgrade program  Wink
System 1 : D800, Piega Classic 80.2, Lumin A1, NUC/Wintel +SSD, Roon lifetime Qobuz sublissime Tidal Hifi subscription 
System 2 : D400, JM Reynaud Cantabile Sublime, Roon.
France
TBH, I am curious and a bit surprised that Devialet is not marketing the "new and improved" Expert Pro - particularly if new Pros now come with the new Core Infinity board as has been stated (has that been confirmed by anyone?). Perhaps they're just waiting to ensure existing customers come first? Who knows.

Hopefully, we'll get full details on Tuesday.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA