Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
When I bought my 220 Pros, my dealer felt that Devialet would ensure that the new CI boards would be dealer installable and potentially user installable (dealer discretion).   Of course, that was nearly a year ago and nobody knew then what would be involved.   Hell, we still don't.  Hard to imagine Devialet wanting all Pros shipped back to Paris - that would be a huge expense.   Hopefully, we'll hear within the next 2 weeks.

Edit: I'm just pondering how Devialet will handle the new CI install.    But however they do, I feel and expect that it must be on their back to cover all cost.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Nothing is free. The board is free not the shipping. It’s fair
(04-Oct-2017, 23:14)Amelot75 Wrote: Nothing is free. The board is free not the shipping. It’s fair

Do you have firm confirmation of this? We have to pay for shipping? I very much doubt it.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(04-Oct-2017, 23:14)Amelot75 Wrote: Nothing is free. The board is free not the shipping. It’s fair

Please elaborate...are you just making this up or do you have information that proves your post?
I too would be very surprised if this was the case.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
That can't be true, surely? We agreed to pay for an upgrade that included the yet to be finalised streamer board. There was never any mention of having to pay extra for the board once ready. Unfortunately nothing surprises me with Devialet though.
We have an agreement from the original upgrade that includes the new streamer board, end of discussion.

Of course, one way of looking at it is we actually paid for it within the upgrade so technically not free.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I suspect that Amelot 75 has simply misinterpreted mdconnelly’s words “hard to imagine Devialet wanting to ship all Pro’s Back to Paris - that would be a huge expense”. This is at least the post he responding to.

I think all is good here!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(05-Oct-2017, 05:27)Chris Marshall Wrote: We have an agreement from the original upgrade that includes the new streamer board, end of discussion.

Of course, one way of looking at it is we actually paid for it within the upgrade so technically not free.

Chris is right. When we paid for our Pro upgrades, Devialet had already factored in the cost of the board and the shipping.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Whoa!   Sorry to have stirred things up.   I have absolutely no additional information (which was part of my point since Devialet has provided very little info so far).    I simply meant that having to cover the cost of shipping to/from Paris for every Pro would be a non-trivial expense that could, perhaps, be mitigated if they allowed installation of the boards by dealers or end-users.   Of course, I also have no idea of the complexity of the install or if that would even be possible.

P.S.   I've edited my prior post to clarify.  For what it's worth, this is what the Devialet Core Infinity email included back in July...

How much will the upgrade cost?

Nothing at all. Your system upgrade is completely free of charge, whether you own an Original d’Atelier or Expert Pro system, or have upgraded from Expert to Expert Pro.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA