Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(16-Mar-2018, 02:17)wikeeboy Wrote: I'm so sick of this rubbish. How hard can it be to keep your customers informed?? If i performed like this in my job, i'd be out of a job.

Still no idea about Melbourne. For all i know Olivier has probably already been here!

Jeremy

Did you get things sorted with your upgrade in Melbourne?

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Hey John,

After my rant in here on 16 March i sent Olivier an email and asked why i had not been informed of the AUS schedule, especially seeing i now knew he was here. Miraculously a couple of days later i received an email informing me of the Melbourne upgrade dates.

I am taking my units in today to Interdyn, the Melb dates are 20-23 March.

What frustrates me is i was away on holidays last week, and could just as easily been away this week also. I don't think it's acceptable to only give a few days notice of the upgrade window. Anyway, it will be fine as i am here now and can take time off from work to drive the units in.
Picking up my upgraded Dev1000 today. Any questions to ask Olivier?
(22-Mar-2018, 02:20)wikeeboy Wrote: Picking up my upgraded Dev1000 today. Any questions to ask Olivier?

Have fun when you get home. I think you'll find the new board an interesting improvement.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(22-Mar-2018, 05:38)David A Wrote:
(22-Mar-2018, 02:20)wikeeboy Wrote: Picking up my upgraded Dev1000 today. Any questions to ask Olivier?

Have fun when you get home. I think you'll find the new board an interesting improvement.

"Interesting" - David you're a tease  Tongue

Go on, tell us what the improvement is (getting my 1000Pro upgrade 3rd or 4th April   Big Grin ).

Hopefully the new Release Candidate being rolled out in the next few days will bring another improvement for everyone else with their CI upgrades (and solve a few of the current bugs).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Don't know if Olivier will give you any info regarding the new Release Candidate to be rolled out in the next few days, or if he can let you know of any new features that could be coming out soon (let out any secrets). Appreciate his tongue is partly tied by Devialet, and even a couple of things he may be able to tell you in confidence, but appreciate he is a Devialet employee so can only say so much.

As you have a 1000Pro (like myself) would be good to know if they have fixed up some of the issues with the mono set-up's (will also help those with 440Pro's), and if they're going to be releasing a new Configurator soon (be that still via SD card, or the new on-line webpage option which will allow on the fly re-configuration).

Himmy mentioned to me about a new team being set-up in Paris dedicated to the Expert models, so could he expand on what they are going to bring to the table:

• Is the new team software developers to fix the current bugs and further advance the already advised new features
  • What about the previously advised new features - Tidal, Qobuz, Dezzer, etc.
  • Is RAAT still in the pipeline
  • etc., etc.
 Hope the upgrade is a positive for you mate  Big Grin

Australia (Perth)
(22-Mar-2018, 06:15)Celts88 Wrote:
(22-Mar-2018, 05:38)David A Wrote:

Go on, tell us what the improvement is (getting my 1000Pro upgrade 3rd or 4th April   Big Grin ).

Hopefully the new Release Candidate being rolled out in the next few days will bring another improvement for everyone else with their CI upgrades (and solve a few of the current bugs).

John,

I'm not a tease. I already posted my listening impressions in the listening impressions thread: #220  I said I'd post them and I did.

Nearly a week on now I still basically feel the same. I like the upgrade.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(22-Mar-2018, 08:24)David A Wrote:
(22-Mar-2018, 06:15)Celts88 Wrote:
(22-Mar-2018, 05:38)David A Wrote: Have fun when you get home. I think you'll find the new board an interesting improvement.

John,

I'm not a tease. I already posted my listening impressions in the listening impressions thread: #220  I said I'd post them and I did.

Nearly a week on now I still basically feel the same. I like the upgrade.

David

Sorry if you took offence to my comment about the tease, it was just a bit of tongue in cheek (hence the smiley).

Read your review and plenty detail, sounds as if you're happy with the CI upgrade and with the new software coming soon hopefully things will keep improving (especially less bugs).

Cheers
John

Australia (Perth)
Ah, so she's back in the rack. Couldn't get the companion to talk with the master for a while... found i had to create a completely new config file rather than using one i had previously saved. All up and running now but unfortunately the fam is asleep and i can't crank it up.

I had a chat with Olivier but didn't find out anything particularly exciting. As is often the case, i find when i talk to Devialet (and other audio) reps, i seem to know more than they do and are more anal and obsessive!! He did say a new app would be out soon which is waaaay overdue.

I did happen to notice a few extra marks on my case which i don't think were there previously. Frustrating but what can be done now realistically?

Anyway, pumped to have a play over the weekend. Unfortunately i'm a subscriber of Tidal not Spotify connect as it would be fun to try Spotify Connect.
Jeremy

Disappointed to hear about the new marks on your cases, bummer.

Expecting the same when I speak to Olivier, either he won't be able to say much as caught with not giving away any Devialet secrets, or as you said us being obsessed so actually knowing (in some areas at least).

Regarding Spotify there's a 60 day Premium free trial going on at the moment for us Aussies (Spotify Premium Free Trial). Not sure if you've signed up for any free trials before, if not then great, but if you have then just use a different email address and it'll give you a couple of months to give it a try (new CI software being out soon will give you a chance to see how stable it is).

Australia (Perth)