Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
It’s about time we unclogged this thread! Apologies to the OPs!
I guess it’s over to:
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4618
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Email received on Friday night from Mathieu Pernot (Devialet):

Hi John,

Thanks for the tests. Here is a summary of my understanding:
- in solo mode, optical always work (in master/companion too by the way)
- optical always work when first selected or selected later
- none of the streaming input work
- the streaming inputs are not always listed in the remote app of your phone

Therefore, I now suspect something related to the network. Could you:
- stay in RC3 release
- give me detailed information on your network
- perform a reset to factory of your network parameters (go into information menu and cycle until page 7, then make a long press on front button)
- try again plugging your master amp directly on a wall socket bypassing your conditioner
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Email sent back to Mathieu tonight:

Mathieu

- perform a reset to factory of your network parameters (go into information menu and cycle until page 7, then make a long press on front button)
I tried the above what you asked (info menu, page 7, long press) and all it does is go back to the original input (currently on Optical 1, set as my TV). I’ve tried 5 times, and have held the button in for at least 30 seconds and always does the exact same (goes back to Optical 1).

Using the above I cannot get Air / Spotify / Airplay to work (looks like playing in my player, but no sound).

I took out the SD Cards and reset to factory config and can play ‘My Music' via my iPhone (shows Air on 1000Pro display). Switched to Spotify and that plays ok also. Switched off 1000Pro and restarted using Roon to play a song (switched on then started playing music). When playing via Roon the music is a bit stuttering.

1. Pulled power cords out of 2 x 250Pro’s
  2. Put back in my SD Cards
  3. Plugged back in power cords and restarted in my config.
  4. Restarts on Optical 1 (TV)
  5. Can play ‘My Music' via my iPhone (shows Air on 1000Pro display)
  6. Switched to Spotify, but no music playing (shows Spotify on 1000Pro top display)
  7. Switched back to ‘My Music' via my iPhone (shows Air on 1000Pro display) and plays ok
  8. Switched off 1000Pro and hit play in Roon, this powered up the 1000Pro, went to Optical 1 for split second, then switched to Roon and playing music
  9. Switched to Spotify, but no music playing (shows Spotify on 1000Pro top display)
  10. Switched to iTunes and set to ‘My Devialet’ via iTunes and hit play, sound comes out fine
  11. Switched to Roon (Air), music plays, but music is stuttering
  12. Did this yesterday, but now today won’t play Roon (Air), iTunes (Airplay) or My Music (via iPhone), but will always play via Optical 1 (TV). One day it works next day it doesn’t (I haven’t changed anything in Network, config, etc.).
Info on my network (is the below what you want). I have Wi-Fi turned off on my 1000Pro Core Infinity:

1. Telstra Gateway Frontier Modem (Technicolor DJN2130)
  2. Netgear GS116 Prosafe 16 Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Switch
  3. Cat 6 Cabling (from Study to Front Lounge)
  4. AQVOX AQ-SWITCH-8 Gigabit Switch
  5. Supra Cat 8 Cable
  6. 1000Pro Core Infinity
The above network is the same I've had with my 1000Pro before having the Core Infinity upgrade, and never had any issues connecting to my network (had this network set-up for 18 months). I have been using Roon (lifetime member) connected to my 1000Pro via Ethernet (Roon Air), no Wi-Fi.

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
So Devialet say it's my network, but same network for last 18 months and ok before CI upgrade.

Set 1000Pro to Factory Configs, and can play music ok. Reset back to my config and can play music ok (Roon, Airplay, My Music via iPhone), except for Spotify. Today restart 1000Pro and can only play Optical 1 (TV), but no (Roon, Airplay, My Music via iPhone).

Don't know what's going on.

Cheers
John

PS, nice to see Olivier being consistent and not answering any questions on the Devialet Core Infinity Log. Also 12 days after he said new CI software out ASAP - nothing.

Australia (Perth)
So, this might seem like a stupid question but I don’t follow the forums much lately and hadn’t had time to read back over the past few months posts.....

Is the CI board working as intended yet? Are all the software and firmware finished as per the marketting fluff at launch and all working correctly? I’d quite like to send mine off at some point but not until it’s all finished.

I’ve obviously guessed the answer but a summary of what’s going on would really help.

Thanks

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

My 1000 Pro works fine and sounds great, my mates 220 Pro works fine and sounds great. Both with the latest beta software.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
@NickB

Genuine question, is there a specific way you have your network set up that you could pass on, as at present I can't play anything via Spotify, nor can I play any files above 96kHz or do up-sampling of any file resolutions, 44kHz upwards (sound is garbled, and will sometimes slow down to half).

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
John

Australia (Perth)
(16-Apr-2018, 10:59)Celts88 Wrote: nor can I play any files above 96kHz or do up-sampling of any file resolutions, 44kHz upwards (sound is garbled, and will sometimes slow down to half).

This sounds like an issue on your Roon Server. Is your computer powerful enough to do the upsampling and other possible DSP?
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(16-Apr-2018, 12:41)petrik Wrote:
(16-Apr-2018, 10:59)Celts88 Wrote: nor can I play any files above 96kHz or do up-sampling of any file resolutions, 44kHz upwards (sound is garbled, and will sometimes slow down to half).

This sounds like an issue on your Roon Server. Is your computer powerful enough to do the upsampling and other possible DSP?
If I had the same issue before the CI upgrade I would agree with you, but I had zero issues with DSP up sampling when it was a 1000Pro (non CI), so it isn't my computer being under powered.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Australia (Perth)
(16-Apr-2018, 12:56)Celts88 Wrote:
(16-Apr-2018, 12:41)petrik Wrote:

If I had the same issue before the CI upgrade I would agree with you, but I had zero issues with DSP up sampling when it was a 1000Pro (non CI), so it isn't my computer being under powered.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

What is the processing speed that you see in Roon? If it is always above 1.0 then your computer should be fine.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland