Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
How long did it take for the last few that did it?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Pick up Friday afternoon via UPS, here in Germany. Monday afternoon arrival in France. Thursday afternoon an email that my Amps were on the way back home, delivered Friday afternoon to a happy me!!
They even replaced the removable back cover with a chassis matching replacement.
After the upgrade last year they sent back my companion Amp with the wrong back cover, which was a few millimeters higher and with a slightly different colour. I ask them kindly to fix up this discrepancy, and thank goodness, it was! My Amps were even repolished.
Turn around time one week.... wasn’t expecting that :-)
And...... everything just works! Perfectly.
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
Nice! Don’t think I’ll be beating that record (been a week already) but have been missing a bit of (brief) evening music after work so hope to see it soon.

Has anyone been brave/curious enough to open up their CI upgraded units and see if any obvious modifications had been made to any of the other boards?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(30-Jun-2018, 12:15)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Has anyone been brave/curious enough to open up their CI upgraded units and see if any obvious modifications had been made to any of the other boards?

Not quite.

Unlike you, here in Australia we didn't get the opportunity to send our amps to Paris. I hand delivered mine to my dealer's store on a Wednesday and picked it up from there 2 days later when I had the chance to have a quick chat with the Devialet engineer who was travelling around Australia doing the updates. I was back at the dealer's a couple of days later and he showed me a bag of replaced parts he had been asked to forward back to the Australian distributor for return to Devialet. The bag only contained a number of each of the 2 boards replaced by the CI board. There were no other parts in the bag so my assumption is that the only change involved was the board replacements and the addition of the wifi antenna to the rear of the amp.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
That makes sense. Although I was kind of thinking along the lines of did they need to solder any extra components or anything to make it all work.

And this is probably really out of date and everyone’s seen it (and maybe I even posted it before) but I mentioned a video where the Infinity was discussed at a factory tour and I came across it again yesterday. So posting just in case it’s of interest. As I said before the key driver seems to be putting Experts and Phantom on the same codebase...

Most of the video shows and talks about the machines populating the boards which I have to admit I found fascinating, but hoped to get a bit more insight into the CI technology rather than the machines that make them. Quentin seems pretty excited about the machines - as if he’d just invented one! Not sure what the <0.5mm components are. Resistors?

https://vimeo.com/254268360

Has this come up before? Interesting....

https://www.studer.ch/en/products/infinity-core

@Celts88 Have you found the cause for the garbled sound at 192kHz? You are using active cross over via convolution?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Damn, got notification yesterday that it was on its way back, but no-one was home to take delivery of the D today, so it will now spend another day or more smashing around in the back of a UPS van which doesn't make me feel good. I think UPS is a decent courier, but their delivery information is useless, and I couldn't even get it to update to deliver to a neighbour. So you have to wait in the whole day!

Same happened when my D was returned. I was notified 10 minutes before delivery. Luckily I work only 5 minutes from my home so rushing home I met the courier just outside my flat...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(03-Jul-2018, 12:55)Hifi_swlon Wrote:  I think UPS is a decent courier, but their delivery information is useless.

They all are mate. I haven't seen anything updated properly in all the years these systems have been available. They're a gimmick at best.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.