Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
Quick question before I see my (now delivered) CI upgraded D tonight.... Can you use the same config file that was on it pre-CI, or does a new one have to be created?

I saw their email note to download the pdf instruction manual that comes with the latest firmware, and did so, but predictably it is pretty sparse on the information front - nothing about the web configurator, or anything that's changed really as part of the CI upgrade, just the specific new connection modes that have been included like uPnP. Was hoping for a bit more.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Looking forward to hearing how the upgrade went for you. Feels like I'm the last hold-out now...perhaps not for much longer, though.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(04-Jul-2018, 13:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Quick question before I see my (now delivered) CI upgraded D tonight.... Can you use the same config file that was on it pre-CI, or does a new one have to be created?

I saw their email note to download the pdf instruction manual that comes with the latest firmware, and did so, but predictably it is pretty sparse on the information front - nothing about the web configurator, or anything that's changed really as part of the CI upgrade, just the specific new connection modes that have been included like uPnP.  Was hoping for a bit more.

Pretty sure I just used the old one and it was fine. No problem making a new one with the current configurator though.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(04-Jul-2018, 13:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Quick question before I see my (now delivered) CI upgraded D tonight.... Can you use the same config file that was on it pre-CI, or does a new one have to be created?

I saw their email note to download the pdf instruction manual that comes with the latest firmware, and did so, but predictably it is pretty sparse on the information front - nothing about the web configurator, or anything that's changed really as part of the CI upgrade, just the specific new connection modes that have been included like uPnP.  Was hoping for a bit more.

I am currently using a configuration that I made "pre-CI".  It is working with the latest firmware with zero issues.  So, no problem using your old config. Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Yeah-me too. Just bung the old one in.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(04-Jul-2018, 14:34)Axel Wrote: Yeah-me too. Just bung the old one in.

Great, thanks both. One less thing to worry about this evening.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I don't think there's anything in the Expert Configurator that asks or knows that you're using a CI-updated Expert. It will be interesting to see what firmware is already loaded on your Expert Pro when you get it back, but if it's not the latest, update that first. The old configs should then work fine (or at least did so for me).
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Well, it works!

Initial observations are:
-The inner box was torn and slightly damaged with lots of dents along the edges and a heavy rip/dent right the way through the top lid and into the foam - compared to the pristine one that was sent back. I guess it had a hard life and will ask Devialet for a replacement for future resale etc. Thankfully no damage I could see penetrated through the foam but I just got it on the wall to clear away all the packaging in the small toddler free window I had.
-It wasn’t really cleaned very nicely. The edges looked like they’d been wiped with a dirty rag. Maybe that’s what it looked like when it left, I did clean it though ad remember it looking quite nice in the pics I took. Anyway, a far cry from the pristine condition it arrived in after the pro upgrade.
-Loading my old config hasn’t picked up all the settings. It’s defaulted to DHCP rather than the static IP it was setup for. So it now has a more random IP address. It has lots more inputs enabled than I had previously. All the new ones, including UPNP (twice on the iOS app), and couple others. I guess I’ll try and setup a new config and see I there’s any change.
-I think someone said their 250 came back boxed as a 1000 Pro master CI (250) or similar. Mine was labelled simply 250 Pro.

Anyway thankful that it’s at least working and not damaged beyond the packaging.

Was surprised no new SD card was returned with it.

So all in all more disappointed than with the previous trip to France, but relieved it functions. Well, I suppose they do know my email address and DC username so maybe they were a bit less ‘caring’ Smile

Will move any other observations to the latest firmware thread. Initial reaction is it sounds identical to when it left, but I have only just powered it up and haven’t sat for a proper listen. I’m still using Allo digiOne into aes so far, but will try some other stuff another night.

Btw HW 6.2. sw 12.1.2 DOS 2.1.0. Not sure what the latest is even, I’m a bit out of touch.
Doesn’t seem to mention CI hardware in the menu. (edit, but it does at startup where it says CORE. I also since read that HW 6.2 is core infinity installed, 6.0 is without https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...Expert-Pro- section 3)

(Edit, I realise that’s not the latest firmware. Quick update tonight if time. Why not send back with latest software/firmware?)

(Edit 2, update appears to have sorted IP address out and it’s now back on fixed ip per the config file. Took a few restarts of Roon and the digiOne, guess things got a bit confused. Inputs in iOS app look better too - wonder if you can still disable everything you don’t want? Just curious. Baffled by not the latest firmware, but in no way surprised! On that note, that’s it for me).

Edit 3, for anyone interested the round trip door-to-door was a week and 2 days (excluding the missed delivery)

I sent my D1000 Pro companion away last week so I'm in the waiting phase at the moment. When it comes back I'll then send the Master.
Surprising units are coming back with some obvious signs of a lack of care in their handling though. Are D outsourcing the upgrades to a 3rd party?
440 Pro CI, Roon ROCK, Technics 1200G, Celestion Ditton 66
(05-Jul-2018, 14:40)pjlarge Wrote: Are D outsourcing the upgrades to a 3rd party?

Well, its all a third party anyway. Seprolec populate the boards and assemble the experts. http://seprolec.fr

I guess its just like any other factory style process - depends who you get on the day, how busy they are, etc etc.
But the damage on the box etc (which thankfully doesn't appear to have hurt the 250) is presumably all down to the couriers, and isn't helped by the crazy routes that UPS use.

Why send yours one at a time out of interest? Would figure it would be better to have them run tests and check them both as a pair?